Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: If Joe tanks down the stretch and still wants money, does John ask his bro about Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have a better shot at being the Ravens next QB than Alex Smith.
    I doubt that. Since he is already an NFL player, I'd say that there is at least a small fraction of a chance that he could go to any of the other 31 teams in the league, including the Ravens. Maybe it's a chance as low as .00001%, where I would say the chance of you playing anywhere at all is absolute zero.

:)

Re: If Joe tanks down the stretch and still wants money, does John ask his bro about Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I liked the suggestion of Matt Flynn.

Though, despite the fact this was a terrible bed-shitting, I won't give up on Flacco.
    Somewhere Cam Cameron is either smiling or laughing out loud. Maybe Cam knew all along that Flacco is not an elite or even decent QB and tried to hide his weaknesses. I did not see anything today that would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    As average as Joe is, Alex Smith is worse.
    Of course he is, but 15% percent worse at 40% less money is the trade-off one would need to look at.

That said, I still wouldn't want Smith, because I think one could do better in terms of similar trade offs with other QBs (little worse for lot cheaper, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Of course he is, but 15% percent worse at 40% less money is the trade-off one would need to look at.
    Right, I'm mainly thinking about it from a money perspective. Matt Flynn could be another option but I was wondering if the sibling connection might add a little spice to the offseason.

couldnt we give Tyrod Taylor more of a chance to compete for the starting job rather than look at trading if Flacco keeps regressing?

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    couldnt we give Tyrod Taylor more of a chance to compete for the starting job rather than look at trading if Flacco keeps regressing?
    Tyrod will not be a starter in the league. If you guys are frustrated with Flacco it will only get worse with Tyrod. I have been a Flacco supporter since the start but I am starting to lose faith in him.

I almost feel like we need a new regime and a new philosophy and mindset. Something is just way too off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Alex Smith is trash. I'm tired of even hearing the SUGGESTION that he's anything more than the guy who handed off to Frank Gore and threw the ball in the general direction of Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree.

No way the Ravens would upgrade by getting Alex Smith. If they're going to go the trade route, a better option might be Matt Flynn... as long as he could be paired up with a new OC like Karl Dorrell or Ben McAdoo who run a WCO.
    :word

Except for Matt Flynn...not sure about that guy.

Alex Smith though? No thanks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Give Flacco a better OL and I guarantee you that his overall performance will improve...and so will Rice's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Give Flacco a better OL and I guarantee you that his overall performance will improve...and so will Rice's.
    Give Joe a better OL, give Joe better receivers, give Joe a better OC, give Joe a better QB coach, give Joe a bunch of money... and he will still be below average joe.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If this team is rebuilding they don't need an older player like Alex Smith. That's what teams like the Raiders do and it never works out.
    Palmer is working out quite well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Palmer is working out quite well for them.
    I'm sorry, the Oakland Raiders??

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm sorry, the Oakland Raiders??

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, here's something we agree on.

And that's not even bringing up what they gave up for Palmer.

PP