Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Re: May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Rumor: Eagles, Saints discussing Mark Ingram for Jason Kelce trade https://t.co/Bcpifxpd9d

You see this is how teams address OFFENSIVE needs.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    Dude, I said the Ravens should make a play for Ingram, as he is clearly not a favorite there. With the Saints singing AP and drafting Kamala, dude can be had.,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Isn't this part of the problem?

They are stuck in the past and don't realise the premium on offensive skill players.

95 percent of this board said davis and Williams will be gone when we pick. 50 percent of the board myself included said john ross if fit would be the first wr of the board and even with the injury would be unlucky to be on the board at our pick.

We as posters realise teams pick these types of guys esrly so why can't the FO.

And I'm assuming the didn't because if they thought all 3 wideouts would be off the board by pick 10 they would have addressed it in free agency.
    It's a lot easier for us to pick and choose. We're not privy to the info they are. We're not privy to how they stack their board. We sure as hell aren't privy to medical records and interview transcripts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's a lot easier for us to pick and choose. We're not privy to the info they are. We're not privy to how they stack their board. We sure as hell aren't privy to medical records and interview transcripts.

You know how their board is stacked.

For defense.

The only time they choose offense is when their defensive plan falls through.

Like when they can't trade up for Ramsey.

Blog Entries

I would like to think they are also inquiring about trades...for example it doesn't seem like Minn cares much for Treadwell.

Why trade for a guy that can't beat out a bunch of UDFA's?

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Blog Entries

Why trade for a guy that can't beat out a bunch of UDFA's?

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Desperation indeed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Unfortunately, they have a pattern of this. Not trading up for Dez, when Belichick is giving you first dibs, but trading back for Kindle, who had worse issues than Dez.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    If they head into the season as currently constructed I don't see how anyone can realistically expect them to be competitive. You're looking at 8-8 at best. The defense is going to be on the field a long long time. The line is going to be terrible the backs will be getting 1-2 yards on first 1-2 on second and it's going to be 3rd and long a lot. With zero pass protection, it's going to be brutal to watch. It will look a lot like 2000 on offense and this defense is no where near that defense. But all those that are heaping praise on this draft and off season moves will be the first in line to bitch about Joe and the offense.
    You are being a bit dramatic. The Oline is better shape than at this time last year. At this time last year we had a rookie LT and did not know who was going to play LG. Wagner was coming off a disappointing season and Zuttah was still our center. People on here were speculating that Steve Smith would not return from his Achilles tear. Remember all the pics of one calf being tiny. Joe Flacco was not able to participate. Perriman was also not participating. We had no idea if Pitta was going to be able to play. Boyle and Waller were suspended. Ducasse was not even part of the team yet. Trestman was our OC. Castillo was the Oline coach. Last year there was no commitment to the run by Trestman. MM inherited an offense mid season and really could not make many changes during the season. The offense is in a better place now than it was a year ago. MM has a history of more balanced offenses than what we saw last year. Greg Roman is definitely a run first offensive mind. A change at Oline coach is a welcome addition. We have Lewis and Stanley who are no longer rookies.

The Ravens have 7m in cap space and can clear another 5m by cutting Watson and Arrington. The Ravens are also paying Jeremy Zuttah not to play this year. They clearly think that no matter who they put in at C is going to be an upgrade. There will be some quality veteran Oline guys who hit the market. The TE position could not be any worse than where we were last year. I believe the Oline will be fine. I doubt we are able to add anyone to wr spot. At least not anyone who is going to make an impact.

Blog Entries

Rumor: Eagles, Saints discussing Mark Ingram for Jason Kelce trade https://t.co/Bcpifxpd9d

You see this is how teams address OFFENSIVE needs.

Didn't the Eagles finish 3rd last year as well?

Blog Entries

Last year is gone.

I'd argue that the eagles moves this year built a better team than the Ravens moves. Emphasis on team.

The Ravens aren't building a team. They are building "the best defense in the league".

Harbaugh said it in his phone call with Bowser.

Blog Entries

I guess another way to look at it is they probably figure they have a better chance of drafting successful defense of players than they do offense of players. Especially skill positions.

The Eagles have one nice young roster. They also have a WR group that trumps ours.

Oh, they can afford to trade Kelce now because they just signed a nice un drafted rookie at Center in Tyler Orlovsky. We could have signed him but they apparently don't see the holes like us fans do

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    The Eagles have one nice young roster. They also have a WR group that trumps ours.

Oh, they can afford to trade Kelce now because they just signed a nice un drafted rookie at Center in Tyler Orlovsky. We could have signed him but they apparently don't see the holes like us fans do
    They were considering cutting Jason Kelsey anyway. It's not because of some UDFA either. They have Stefan Wisnewski.