Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May 9 Tenders

Blog Entries

Question Re: May 9 Tenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's May 9th - today. Best available would be Blount, Boldin, Floyd...
    I don't think any of those players will honestly help this team. The need to add two Olineman. First and foremost a Center or it won't matter what else they add

Re: May 9 Tenders

You can't tell teams in front of you not to draft a player you want. It looks like many teams loaded up on players that will likely get stashed on IR. I am taking a wait see attitude right now. If camp opens without changes then I will worry.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Isn't this part of the problem?

They are stuck in the past and don't realise the premium on offensive skill players.
    I think the front office personnel realizes the premium on offensive skill players just fine. It's possible the issue lies in their philosophy on *how* to win and how they want to win games, and how they place value on certain positions and players. I think it's obvious by now that the Ravens won't go out and make a big splash in free agency for the wide receiver many fans have wanted for some time. It goes back to how they value players, positions, and their philosophy.
    They are also most likely banking on some of the young guys to step up on offense including, Maxx Williams, Breshad, and Chris Moore. As GOTA said, I could see them signing Boldin and calling it a day because he would fit their historical approach of signing an aging veteran at a reasonable cost.

Blog Entries

I would just like to interject a moment of I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT LAQUAN TREADWELL. Did anybody listen? Did anybody trust the Sword? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Isn't this part of the problem?

They are stuck in the past and don't realise the premium on offensive skill players.

95 percent of this board said davis and Williams will be gone when we pick. 50 percent of the board myself included said john ross if fit would be the first wr of the board and even with the injury would be unlucky to be on the board at our pick.

We as posters realise teams pick these types of guys esrly so why can't the FO.

And I'm assuming the didn't because if they thought all 3 wideouts would be off the board by pick 10 they would have addressed it in free agency.
    It is inexcusable to me to get caught with your pants around your ankles because you didn't plan well.

I wasn't asking for them to trade up to the top 10 for offense.

I would have been happy with a 2nd or 3rd Rd pick.

But theyve NOTHING but defense in both free agency and the draft, and yet keep telling us that the offense will be addressed at a later date.

And that date just keeps getting pushed back. And the quality of player keeps going down.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't think any of those players will honestly help this team. The need to add two Olineman. First and foremost a Center or it won't matter what else they add
    unfortunately the front office and this coaching staff don't think we have a problem at Center. They apparently feel as if Scrubs like Jensen, Urshel are good enough to start. I personally don't.

Havent seen enough of Urshel to call him a scrub but he hasn't played very much.

In this draft only a few centers got drafted. We had shots at 2 top 5 Center prospects as undrafted free agents in Jon Toth, and Tyler Orlovsky and we didn't sing either.

I honestly don't know what to think about the moves this team has made this year. Last draft and early free agency I felt very good. Since the draft I am at a loss for words with how things have gone down .

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, they have a pattern of this. Not trading up for Dez, when Belichick is giving you first dibs, but trading back for Kindle, who had worse issues than Dez.

There is no way on God's green earth that Marlon Humphrey is even CLOSE to being as good a CB as Howard is a TE. It's not even close. Not to mention the fact that Howard steps up in big games. Was it Dick Cass or somebody who talked about how they wanted guys who would step up in big games? Well, he was sitting right there, but 'Oh no, we need more insurance for when Jimmy gets hurt'. Never mind that they have no backup plan for Perriman what so ever and they have a pack of also-rans at TE. Howard would be a day 1 starter. Better hands than all of them. Better athleticism than all of them except Waller. Better blocking than all of them. Better zone recognition than all of them except Pitta. And has proven that he will step up in big games. Howard is a guy that defenses will legitimately fear. A guy that Defensive Coordinators will actually stay up late scheming for. There's your threat in the middle of the field who can take advantage of the spacing left by Perriman and Wallace. There's your TE who can gain more yardage out of short passes. There's your TE who doesn't have to come off of the field or be compensated for due to a weakness in his game. There's a reliable third down target. There's a great redzone target.

That one move would have solved so many issues. And drafting Howard doesn't mean that we're not giving Williams and Gilmore a chance. They haven't earned that sort of capital. They need to prove that they can stay healthy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Waaaah, waaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Oh look, another kicking and screaming thread because the poster doesn't approve of the direction of the team. How original.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    I think the front office personnel realizes the premium on offensive skill players just fine. It's possible the issue lies in their philosophy on *how* to win and how they want to win games, and how they place value on certain positions and players. I think it's obvious by now that the Ravens won't go out and make a big splash in free agency for the wide receiver many fans have wanted for some time. It goes back to how they value players, positions, and their philosophy.
    They are also most likely banking on some of the young guys to step up on offense including, Maxx Williams, Breshad, and Chris Moore. As GOTA said, I could see them signing Boldin and calling it a day because he would fit their historical approach of signing an aging veteran at a reasonable cost.
    Go watch the draft day video of their phone call with Bowser.

When harbaugh talks to Bowser, he literally says "we're building the best defense in the league".

This was in Rd 2. Foreshadow much harbaugh?

And we now know how they spent the 3rd Rd picks (on defense).

I truly believe that this is evidence that they had no intent to draft offense, and instead had a stated mission goal to "build the best defense in the league"

And they've spent all of free agency and the draft doing it.

So if they don't produce the best defense in the league, heads should roll.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Waaaah, waaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Oh look, another kicking and screaming thread because the poster doesn't approve of the direction of the team. How original.
    Another lemming that believes everything the Ravens PR machine spits out.

Blog Entries

A lie is a lie and they lied. They said that they would prioritize the offense. That was a lie. They could have resigned Wagner for 9 million per year. They chose to give that money to Williams. Hell, they didn't even sign a Kendall Wright for cheap. They sure as hell overpaid for a running back though. The highlight of the off-season for the offense.

At every position in the first four rounds of the draft where they picked, there was an offensive player better than who they chose, with the exception of maybe Tim Williams.

Blog Entries

Rumor: Eagles, Saints discussing Mark Ingram for Jason Kelce trade https://t.co/Bcpifxpd9d

You see this is how teams address OFFENSIVE needs.