Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Every Raven set for BREAKOUT YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    In 2008 we had rookie head coach, a rookie qb, sub par receivers other than Mason, descent running game not great, descent line not great and a outstanding defense. I believe most people were predicting 5 to 7 wins at best. We went to AFC Championship game.

In 2017 we have a very good head coach, very good qb, descent receivers as long as Perriman produces, descent running game, descent line if we can add another solid vet, best kicker in league & the key will be whether we have a good or great defense. People predicting 7 to 9 wins. I guess we will see
    Only difference being we had Ray, Ed Reed,Ngata and Suggs playing at a high level. We also had a very good/great DC. There are no players on this current version of the Ravens who compare. Coaches either for that matter.

Every Raven set for BREAKOUT YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Only difference being we had Ray, Ed Reed,Ngata and Suggs playing at a high level. We also had a very good/great DC. There are no players on this current version of the Ravens who compare. Coaches either for that matter.
    In 2008, Ngata was going into his 3rd season and had not yet even gone to the pro-bowl so I think it's a little revisionist history to consider Mosley or even Williams to not be comparable. At this point, I would consider Mosley to be ahead of where Ngata was at the same point in his career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JayJay; 06-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    In 2008, Ngata was going into his 3rd season and had not yet even gone to the pro-bowl so I think it's a little revisionist history to consider Mosley or even Williams to not be comparable. At this point, I would consider Mosley to be ahead of where Ngata was at the same point in his career.

True, but he was clearly trending upwards. It was only a matter of time before he would become the Ngata that we all came to know and love. And my point still stands - he was playing at a higher level than anyone on this current defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    True, but he was clearly trending upwards. It was only a matter of time before he would become the Ngata that we all came to know and love. And my point still stands - he was playing at a higher level than anyone on this current defense.
    And so is Mosley. I agree with your larger point but I disagree that Ngata was more accomplished at that point than Mosley is now. I think you're looking more at what Ngata became than where he was at that point and disregarding what Mosley has already done and can still become.

"A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill