Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ozzie on Lamar

Blog Entries

Re: Ozzie on Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    How would have Vick’s resurrection with the Eagles turned out if Andy Reid wasn’t there? Show me an example of Marty coaching up a QB on his own.
    Xiao with the hammer facts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Xiao with the hammer facts
    If I saw any evidence of Marty developing a QB with Eagles, Lion or Jets I would be good with him as the OC going forward.

I don’t want to waste Lamar’s talent on a coach who hasn’t shown he can do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If I saw any evidence of Marty developing a QB with Eagles, Lion or Jets I would be good with him as the OC going forward.

I don’t want to waste Lamar’s talent on a coach who hasn’t shown he can do it.
    lol I don't know what Jimharbs was getting at

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    There's a new sheriff in town named Decosta. I am concerned about the Marty commentary, but that could be just a "for now" statement.
    I think if we were going to fire MM we would have done so already. Although I do believe he is awful at situational playcalling, I also believe he isn't as bad as it seems Most of the time it comes down to executing and I don't care how good a play call is, if you don't execute it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    This whole FO situation is weird.

I know we are used to hearing Ozzie talk about stuff like that but he is no longer GM and still talks as if he is one.
    I agree...and this upis what scares me... I hope that on draft day Eric DeCosta is there by himself and whoever he decides he wants with him... truthfully I don’t want to see Ozzie in that room at all.. mainly because if he is he will act as though he is still the GM and that he will try to talk DeCosta into picking who he wants... DeCosta should insist that he and he only drafts....

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I think if we were going to fire MM we would have done so already. Although I do believe he is awful at situational playcalling, I also believe he isn't as bad as it seems Most of the time it comes down to executing and I don't care how good a play call is, if you don't execute it won't work.
    I also believe if MM was going to be fired he would have already ... that’s the way the Ravens organization is.. they would have fired him immediately and gave some lame excuse to be nice to MM and wish him well in whatever he wanted to do or wherever he wanted to go.... so I believe next year their is absolutely no change in the coaching staff at all... the only thing that changes is Flacco not being a Raven and that we draft and get free agents ... I even look for the Ravens trying to keep everyone on our current roster if they can get them at a reasonable price regardless of how they played this year... that is just the way the Ravens are...

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    I also believe if MM was going to be fired he would have already ... that’s the way the Ravens organization is.. they would have fired him immediately and gave some lame excuse to be nice to MM and wish him well in whatever he wanted to do or wherever he wanted to go.... so I believe next year their is absolutely no change in the coaching staff at all... the only thing that changes is Flacco not being a Raven and that we draft and get free agents ... I even look for the Ravens trying to keep everyone on our current roster if they can get them at a reasonable price regardless of how they played this year... that is just the way the Ravens are...
    Marty is going no where

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Not necessarily. Extension first. If the Ravens were not trying to extend Harbs I would agree that it would already be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    Joe Flacco still outperformed Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish

face palms so hard that palm goes through back of skull* Wow man, you stretch that crap theory anymore and it'might snap and end up hurting you or something. Dude that is one of the most tin foil hat needing conspiracies that I have EVER seen. Is that why we drafted & stuck with such bums and marginal players as Stoney Case, Chris Redman, Scott Mitchell & such? Or why we kept Anthony Wright or even a Kordell Stewart riding the pine in favor of a complete fucking bum like Kyle Boller?? Who no matter how you personally feel about him accomplished more than Boller EVER did! In their respective careers.

Hell, Troy Smith deserved more of a look than Boller, yet there didn't seem to be any problems with him constantly being looked over. And let's not even talk about keeping Cunningham on the bench for teary eyed Elvis Grbac. Hell, even with Tyrod Taylor, it was fans that wanted him in more than the organization apparently. Plus, I don't know how in the shitting hell Troy Smith's being drafted a FULL YEAR before Flacco was has AN6 bearing on them trying to replace him with this supposed "right black quarterback" in this crazy ass conspiracy theory lmao.

Lamar's ascension seems to be not much different from Flaco's. Joe got injured, and the rookie came in doing well enough to not relinquish the reins. No more, no less. So I have to say as respectfully as possibl: get the hell out of here with that crazy nonsense and noise man lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I would argue that they did build the team around Flacco's play-acdtion, big arm style of play. And for the most part those are still the players here, who are not well suited for the kind of offense they need to run to get the most out of Lamar. They need linemen who can move their feet, and move the pile (e.g., Zeus Jr.s linemate at Oklahoma, Cody Ford) and they need stronger, more compact, twitchier receivers who can block, quickly get separation, and excel at YAC. Only Snead and Moore fit that description, and possibly Lasley right now. Crabtree takes forever to come out of breaks and Brown needs time to beat guys deep. They also need Dixon to tap his pass catching skills more than he showed this year...he is adept as a pass catcher, but needs to commit to the program.

I'm embarrassed for you, making such a dumb and racist statement.

The only black quarterback on your list brought in after Joe was Tyrod. He was a sixth round pick who never got a start in Baltimore--hardly the scenario supporting the idea they wanted to supplant Joe with a black QB. Why would they make Joe the highest paid QB in the league when he resigned if they secretly didn't like his skin color? That's nonsense. If Joe hadn't underplayed his contract, they would have never drafted Lamar, and Joe would be getting another extension.
    Thank God there are quite a few people here who are seeing these stupid ass comments for being as stupid as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol that's why I said there were more factors in that..and how did marty or harbaugh develop Flacco? that was Cam who developed flacco not harbaugh
    And Jim Zorn. Big influence on Joe. That’s why Cam made Harbs Fire his ass. Zorn was tryin to develop Joe intoa free thinker. Can’t have that. Cam wanted mindless “do what I say “ Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk