Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Seven WRs

Re: Seven WRs

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Any time I hear someone say "maybe he turns a corner and has a great camp" I think back just one year. Word out of camps was that he was killing it, making spectacular catches and was going to finally break out. Instead he just broke. When will the Ravens ever learn with regard to the camp superstar wide receivers?
    How else do you judge a young player if you don't use camp?

The coaches that make decisions watch camp. They don't read media reports. So I think maybe fans need to learn with regard to camp superstar wide receivers, but the Ravens themselves do not.

For example, Tim White was a camp superstar that the media was hyping and the Ravens decided he was going to be a redshirt guy. So I don't think they're influenced by camp superstars. They held on to Beshad because he had an okay "pseudo-rookie" year in 2017 and any team will give a first round pick multiple chances. They went out and signed three guys. They're not relying on anything from him now.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    He's a first round draft choice. We could cut bait and I'd say it was a good move. We can keep him around and I'd say thats a good move, also. Both are justifiable given his genetic and draft pedigree, versus the injury issues and the disappointing play.

That said, regarding the question "You don't think some of those guys or even some of the no name camp bodies can't beat out the lowest ranked player at his position?"

I think they could beat him out. So we'll see it in camp. We have 5 preseason games and an early start to camp. We'll know what all these guys are soon enough. And we'll see what happens with injuries.

its a good hedge. And you're keeping him out of camp with someone else as well, which I think is prudent for our politics. We don't need to see the Pats or Packers or someone figure out how to make him what he hasn't been for us this year. Punt that to 2019.
    Why not just cut Perriman before the bonus and resign him to something without guarantees that gives him a chance to win a job in camp? It's not like other teams are going to offer him a better deal. If you want Perriman back at a cheaper price you'll be able to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why not just cut Perriman before the bonus and resign him to something without guarantees that gives him a chance to win a job in camp? It's not like other teams are going to offer him a better deal. If you want Perriman back at a cheaper price you'll be able to get him.
    Does the bonus itself have any cap implications?

If not, they probably just don't really care about it TBH. It's not my money so I don't care UNLESS it has cap implications.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Does the bonus itself have any cap implications?

If not, they probably just don't really care about it TBH. It's not my money so I don't care UNLESS it has cap implications.
    Yes. Like any other payment it counts against the cap. After it's paid it counts for $650,00 against the cap even if Perriman doesn't make the team. That's why they have to make a decision before it's due.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Not if he's cut before it's due. After it's paid it counts for $650,00 against the cap even if Perriman doesn't make the team. That's why they have to make a decision before it's due.
    What kind of decision is that? Would any of you give this guy a $650,000 bonus? The Ravens signed three FA WRs, drafted two more, and have Chris Moore plus several of lesser receivers to look at. Add in the four (Maxx, Boyle, Hurst, and Andrews) TEs, so what's the need for a failed draft pick, albeit a 1st, to take up time and space? Cut this guy, please... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    What kind of decision is that? Would any of you give this guy a $650,000 bonus? The Ravens signed three FA WRs, drafted two more, and have Chris Moore plus several of lesser receivers to look at. Add in the four (Maxx, Boyle, Hurst, and Andrews) TEs, so what's the need for a failed draft pick, albeit a 1st, to take up time and space? Cut this guy, please... Bc
    I think it all depends on how The Ravens feel about their options behind John Brown. They have to wonder if Chris Moore is going to be enough if John Brown ends up missing games. A deep threat is very important to this offense and it has been for quite awhile. I know Chris Moore has been impressive in OTA's but is that enough for this coaching staff to have full trust in him?. Perriman hasn't been terrible in OTA's either and his 2016 performance was better than Chris Moore performance in 2017. Ideally The Ravens really don't have any other speedy receiver that they can trust in case John Brown gets injuried.

Maybe they're waiting to see if everyone reports healthy and looks good.

Ozzie is not hasty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I think it all depends on how The Ravens feel about their options behind John Brown. They have to wonder if Chris Moore is going to be enough if John Brown ends up missing games. A deep threat is very important to this offense and it has been for quite awhile. I know Chris Moore has been impressive in OTA's but is that enough for this coaching staff to have full trust in him?. Perriman hasn't been terrible in OTA's either and his 2016 performance was better than Chris Moore performance in 2017. Ideally The Ravens really don't have any other speedy receiver that they can trust in case John Brown gets injuried.
    Jazz, I understand your POV, but... deep threat? to do what, drop a pass? Chris Moore hasn't just been impressive in OTAs, but showed at least some pass catching skills in 2017 and is a pretty strong Special Teams performer. IOW, he contributes. What has Perriman ever contributed?
    "Perriman hasn't been terrible in OTA's either and his 2016 performance was better than Chris Moore performance in 2017." Are you kidding? (a) their performances were not that far apart (b) Perriman's was 2 years ago, while CM's was last season (c) Perriman was a 1st, while CM was a 4th round draft pick.
    Don't know why you're grasping at straws to make a case for a failed WR.
    IMO it's time to move on... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    How else do you judge a young player if you don't use camp?

The coaches that make decisions watch camp. They don't read media reports. So I think maybe fans need to learn with regard to camp superstar wide receivers, but the Ravens themselves do not.

For example, Tim White was a camp superstar that the media was hyping and the Ravens decided he was going to be a redshirt guy. So I don't think they're influenced by camp superstars. They held on to Beshad because he had an okay "pseudo-rookie" year in 2017 and any team will give a first round pick multiple chances. They went out and signed three guys. They're not relying on anything from him now.
    White wasn't a redshirt guy for what it's worth. He tore a ligament in his thumb and would have had to miss a significant amount of time. Not a true season-long injury apparently, but enough to where you couldn't hold a roster spot for him.

I've already chimed in, but yeah, my opinion is that Perriman has basically a 0.1% chance of making the team. John Brown, Chris Moore, and probably even Jordan Lasley are all better deep threats right now. Perriman doesn't play any role on ST. Drafting 2 guys and signing 3 showed me all I really need to know - they no longer believe in him. Yeah, they may have tried to paint a pretty picture that he was doing well in OTAs but you can't forget the only people saying that were directly connected to the Ravens. Every other person at OTAs pointed out how many he dropped, and conveniently, they have no direct connections to the Ravens.

So I don't believe he'll get his bonus, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he does because the Ravens have a hard time letting go sometimes.

It's just the best for both parties. Ravens move on from a colossal bust. Perriman gets an opportunity to latch on elsewhere and try to prove himself. Regardless, I strongly believe he's never reaching his potential here. He needs a change of scenery. I don't think he's mentally tough enough to handle the criticism he's faced here.

Or receivers really go downhill after they cut their dreads.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Breshad Perriman, as overheard speaking with his barber:

Please cut this loser

Save cap $

And move on

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

... Bc
    The theme to that movie is a pain to play from a counting perspective.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk