New Sports Talk Platform

Many have asked about The Fanimal, our radio show that aired on 105.7 The Fan on Saturdays from 8-9 AM. We opted not to renew our contract after station management decided to punish us for this April Fool’s Joke ON OUR WEBSITE, by suspending any RSR personnel from prime, on air time.

Of course, they would have accepted our money as a brokered program and allowed us to continue broadcasting The Fanimal on Saturday mornings. But in the end we decided to pursue a new approach. Besides, we’re a little too old to be put on “time out”, especially for something so trivial.

So what’s the new approach?

We are building our own radio/TV station just outside of Towson that will allow us to stream live video and create on demand programming on several platforms including YouTube, SoundCloud, iTunes, Roku, Hulu and Facebook live. The programming will also be available on our soon to be launched Fanimal app.

We welcome others who aspire to host their own sports-related live streaming show and/or podcast to join us on Fanimal Radio. If you or someone that you know might be interested, please reach out to me at TL@russellstreetreport.com.

Fanimal Radio

What are you a fan of?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: New Sports Talk Platform

Is Drew Forrester joining your station?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Is Drew Forrester joining your station?
    Ha! I was gonna ask if Tony was joining WNST!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. You should have been kneeling with your fist up during that April Fools joke

Seriously, good luck with the new venture. I think it's a great idea. As long as I can yell 'Alexa, play The Fanimal' I'm all in

Blog Entries

Cool Re: New Sports Talk Platform

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. You should have been kneeling with your fist up during that April Fools joke

Seriously, good luck with the new venture. I think it's a great idea. As long as I can yell 'Alexa, play The Fanimal' I'm all in
    (a) Bc, "Pass the salt." Recipient of my request, "That is an aggressive imperative and this is a Safe Space!" Hmmm...

(b) Yes, Tony and Co., the best of in your brand-new endeavor.

(c) Who is Alexa? All I know is my wife has a robot on command. She yells, "Bc, mow the lawn, take out the garbage, then make dinner." It's automaton reply is, "Yes dear."

(d) I'm all in too. Time for my daily nap

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    We opted not to renew our contract after station management decided to punish us for this April Fool’s Joke ON OUR WEBSITE, by suspending any RSR personnel from prime, on air time.

Which part of your April Fool's article specifically did they object to, Tony? Surely not the classic photo of John Lowenstein??!!

Speaking for myself, while I don't always agree with your views on some topics, I always love your April Fools articles and hope you keep them coming for years!

Wow, that was pretty thin-skinned to object to an obviously fake news story about an on-air hire. Especially since the stationed ended up hiring the same on-air talent who had pulled of the infamous Tim Couch traded to the Ravens prank.

Good luck with the new endeavor. Will programming also be available as downloadable podcasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Wow, that was pretty thin-skinned to object to an obviously fake news story about an on-air hire. Especially since the stationed ended up hiring the same on-air talent who had pulled of the infamous Tim Couch traded to the Ravens prank.

Good luck with the new endeavor. Will programming also be available as downloadable podcasts?
    Yes...all content, visual and audible, will be parked on various platforms such as YouTube, iTunes, Soundcloud and our Fanimal Radio app.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Thanks. Missed iTunes on the list the first time. My bad.

Sounds great. Best of luck!
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.