Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: You are the GM. You got 18 months !

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If i was to be the HC and GM... my moves would be as follows...

OC- Kubes (roman would be contingency)
    DC- Pagano

Release:
    Suggs
    Weddle
    Carr
    Perrimen
    Woodhead

Re-sign:
    Jensen
    Urban

Extend:
    Mosley (will create a bit of cap space for 2018)

FA:
    Alshon Jeffery
    Kevin Minter
    Burkhead

Draft:
    BPA heavily leaned towards offense
    Would take a QB in the first 3 rds. Would lean towards stocking more talent on the OL.

2019:
    If Flacco is still below par, release him and would start the new QB.

My focus would be building a foundation on a strong run game with lots of play action pass. I would spend a lot of draft resources on the OL as I am a big believer in investing into your OL. I would also want an aggresive D that would be focused on 3 key points before anything else. 1. Scoring def 2. 3rd down def 3. Turnovers.

I believe the talent is already there for a great defense... they just need the right coaching. I would govr Cananday or Tavon Young a shot at FS.

Jimmy Smith and Yanda would be my main team leaders. My aim for 2018 would be to get back to the play offs. 2019 would be to win the division. Obviously the SB is always going to be the ultimate goal.

My 2018 team would ideally be something like this...

QB- Joe, draft pick

WR- Jeffery, Maclin, draft pick/Campy/Moore

TE- Boyle, draft pick, Escobar

OT- Stanley, Lewis, Howard
    OG- Yanda, Draft pick, Siragusa
    C- Jensen, Skura

NT- Pierce,
    DT- Williams
    DE- Urban

ROLB- T Williams
    MLB- Mosley
    WLB- Minter
    LOLB- Judon

SS- Jefferson
    FS- Tavon

CB- Jimmy, Humphrey, Canaday, Jaylon

Something along those lines anyway...

So to reiterate...

Focus on getting a top 5 OL and defense.
    Solid QB play with Maclin and Jeffery.
    Being aggressive, physical, and getting some swagger back.

The 2015 Broncos would be my ideal model to follow.
    Uhhhh I think you mean

NG - Williams

Interesting line up, viable, I just would pick a bone with putting Young in at FS without a vet to coach him up on the field because it's a big risk for a player switching positions like that. He has the talent/athleticism for it, but who knows if it will be natural for him enough to go to immediately. Pees would destroy him instantly doing that, but another coach might pull it off.

I would try to trade a couple of those players you are just releasin. Like Perriman for sure. Someone will give up a decent pick for him. Like a fourth, maybe even a third of someone thinks they can change him.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoRaven View Post
    Fire Harbaugh, Marty, and Pees.

Review assistant coaches for any salvageable names.

Review the scouting staff and process.

Figure out which scouts have had the best pick success and keep them. Fire everyone else. Raid every successful drafting team's scouting staff to make up the difference.

Hire Matt Patricia away from the Pats and let him build his staff.

I agree with most of the players others have said to dump so won't go there.
    Now there's a hire from the pats I can get behind.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Uhhhh I think you mean

NG - Williams

Interesting line up, viable, I just would pick a bone with putting Young in at FS without a vet to coach him up on the field because it's a big risk for a player switching positions like that. He has the talent/athleticism for it, but who knows if it will be natural for him enough to go to immediately. Pees would destroy him instantly doing that, but another coach might pull it off.

I would try to trade a couple of those players you are just releasin. Like Perriman for sure. Someone will give up a decent pick for him. Like a fourth, maybe even a third of someone thinks they can change him.
    He still has Webb as the caretaker at fs. I'd be more interested in giving canady a break at it than young though with how much of a beast he is in the slot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thats why I would keep Webb.
    I honestly believe Young could become a very very good center fielder. Watching him on film he can get beat with his size by bigger WRs... but he also shows a bit more than simply being the nickel corner. I want him in on every downs... he has all the tools to cover the field.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    I don't trust Patricia. Guy has a pencil behind his ear with a laminated play sheet. Who is he trying to fool?
    Ha! Gotcha...he looks like he cutting 2x4's in back of the bench. But, I like his defenses, and coming out of the Belicheat (minus the cheat of course) school of coaching and a successful franchise portends good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    No Patriots coordinators have or will be successful head coaches. You are delusional if you think Patricia will be different or McDaniels will be substantially different than Denver. Patricia would set the Ravens back ten years.
    I get McDaniels sucked in KC and you are suspicious, but you make a blanket statement on pure conjecture and apparently hate of all thing Patriots. So, we have different opinions. Yours just happens to be wrong, but...cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoRaven View Post
    I get McDaniels sucked in KC and you are suspicious, but you make a blanket statement on pure conjecture and apparently hate of all thing Patriots. So, we have different opinions. Yours just happens to be wrong, but...cool story bro.
    It was in Denver. The problem with Daniels in Denver is that he wanted to be coach and GM and he made the awful trade with us to get Tebow and that blew up in his face. His tenure in Denver also started off on the rocks when he mismanaged the Cutler situation. He would be great here coupled with Decosta. There was an article that made a case that a lot of successful HCs became successful in their second stint as learned some hard lessons failing the first time.
    Last edited by srobert96; 11-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    It was in Denver. The problem with Daniels in Denver is that he wanted to be coach and GM and he made the awful trade with us to get Tebow and that blew up in his face. He would be great here coupled with Decosta. There was an article that made a case that a lot of successful HCs became successful in their second stint as learned some hard lessons failing the first time.
    In his defense it was glorious watching Pittsburgh lose in the first round to Tebow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    In his defense it was glorious watching Pittsburgh lose in the first round to Tebow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acquiring tebow was a huge mistake

winning a playoff game with tebow is a huge achievement
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

I still don't care what anyone says. Tebow won some games, I will never forget the best pass of his career to knock the steelers out of the playoffs in over time.

Tebow was a lousy QB fundamental wise, but the guy played with heart and won a few games despite of it. He was a poor mans Doug Flutie.

Just fun to watch at times.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I still don't care what anyone says. Tebow won some games, I will never forget the best pass of his career to knock the steelers out of the playoffs in over time.

Tebow was a lousy QB fundamental wise, but the guy played with heart and won a few games despite of it. He was a poor mans Doug Flutie.

Just fun to watch at times.
    The pass he throw was a 5-7 yard slant that the WR took to the house. I mean lets not pretend he went 20/25 for 350 and 3 TDs in the game.

Hes one of the GOAT college players, but he just sucked as a Pro. Doug Floutie could actually consistently throw a forward pass
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Unfortunately for McDaniels that Playoff game was won with Fox as the coach. I thought the same thing and looked it up. McDaniels started the season 3-9 and was fired.