Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bryant McKinnie visiting the Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Right player right price as always. BMac IS the right player for LT especially considering what else is out there but his presumed price seem to be all kinds of wrong. I don't know much about Bell but from what I'm reading here sounds like he is garbage. But granted Castillo worked with him how ever briefly in Philly and if he didn't think the guy could play I'm sure he wouldn't be a backup option.

BMac is lazy at times and a bit of a head case but when he's focused he's a darned good one. Let him window shop as long as he wants but make sure he ends up back here.
    The Ravens will have to beat the best offer McKinnie gets (in terms of guaranteed money) to resign him after cutting his pay last year. I don't think that McKinnie is going to get a big offer from anyone, but then again the Ravens don't have a lot of cap room. Like McKinnie or not, he is the only OT currently available that can play LT at a decent level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens still go down field quite often in their passing game. Those plays require that Flacco has a decent amount of time to throw the ball.
    They do go downfield quite a bit, but Flacco isn't taking 6,7, or 8 step drops EVERY play.

You can go down the field, but you can't go down the field every other play in the same series. The D picks up on it and figures it out.

Once Caldwell took over you saw the offense turn into a unit that was keeping defenses off-balance so those downfield plays were more effective.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They do go downfield quite a bit, but Flacco isn't taking 6,7, or 8 step drops EVERY play.

You can go down the field, but you can't go down the field every other play in the same series. The D picks up on it and figures it out.

Once Caldwell took over you saw the offense turn into a unit that was keeping defenses off-balance so those downfield plays were more effective.
    Caldwell was moving the pocket quite a bit too. It's harder to key off on a QB if you don't know where they will be.

Also, I think Flacco's pocket presence improved dramatically when Caldwell took over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Ravens will have to beat the best offer McKinnie gets (in terms of guaranteed money) to resign him after cutting his pay last year...
    That's true, also considering he could snooker other teams into believing he's motivated. He can't do that with the Ravens, so he may just go with the highest offer (keep in mind his below par finances too), and not have to deal with Harbaugh's harsh work-out regimen... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
    McKinnie is going around trying to assess his market value. My guess is that there is a serious disconnect between what we wants and what teams are offering.
    At 33/34 years old he knows this is his last chance at a payday. He's going to do whatever it takes to get a large chunk of guaranteed money.

The Dolphins and Chargers have shown that they are willing to payout money like that for players who may or may not be worth it.

The Ravens have not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Caldwell was moving the pocket quite a bit too. It's harder to key off on a QB if you don't know where they will be.

Also, I think Flacco's pocket presence improved dramatically when Caldwell took over.
    Excellent point and you're 100% correct.

Flacco's presence improved because he wasn't dropping straight back to the same spot EVERY passing play.

This is 100% why I feel that the OC can really have a much larger impact on the productivity and success of an offense than many give them credit for. Like I said in other threads, there is a reason why you see more OCs getting head coaching offers than you do DCs. During this past HC carousel, I think Gus Bradley was the only new HC hire that was a defense guy. Mike McCoy, Bruce Arians, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid, Marc Trestman, and Doug Marrone are all offense guys.

Blog Entries

At 33/34 years old he knows this is his last chance at a payday. He's going to do whatever it takes to get a large chunk of guaranteed money.

The Dolphins and Chargers have shown that they are willing to payout money like that for players who may or may not be worth it.

The Ravens have not.
    This is why I think it's unlikely that he winds up back with the Ravens. When DeCosta was asked this morning on 105.7 about the left tackle situation, McKinnie's name was never mentioned.

Blog Entries

His agent have him visiting the Saskatchewan Roughriders yet? ;)

Wonder how their fans feel about getting a second Raven LT to replace the first one?
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    His agent have him visiting the Saskatchewan Roughriders yet? ;)

Wonder how their fans feel about getting a second Raven LT to replace the first one?
    Well, the Chargers did sign King Dunlap, who was pretty solid for the Eagles as a LT last year.

So, it isn't like they are in dire straits for a LT. If they do sign McKinnie, I would expect Dunlap would be moved to RT and their 1st round pick, DJ Fluker, would probably move to LG, which is also a need for them.

Blog Entries

Well, the Chargers did sign King Dunlap, who was pretty solid for the Eagles as a LT last year.

So, it isn't like they are in dire straits for a LT. If they do sign McKinnie, I would expect Dunlap would be moved to RT and their 1st round pick, DJ Fluker, would probably move to LG, which is also a need for them.
    That would be one hefty unit lol

Blog Entries

Just cut the shit and come back to Baltimore McKinnie.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just cut the shit and come back to Baltimore McKinnie.
    :word
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis