Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens to partner with State of MD to promote "Obamacare"

I found this when searching for America's Game links...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...and-96213.html

Couple things...

I'm in the "minority" that support Obamacare. At least, some portions of it. Without it, my wife may have been denied coverage under my insurance plan for Colon Cancer. We had coverage with her work when she was diagnosed, but with her treatments, she's been unable to work, so after being put on LTD for a year, they terminated her. Thus, we had to switch insurances to my job's plan. At the time, my work said that because of the AHCA, they couldn't deny us coverage. Threw in a line that they usually didn't deny it, but legally, they would've been able to tell us to get bent. I haven't seen much change in my work insurance plan, which is in all admission, a very good plan as I work for a big company. So I'll give that. But, I wanted to set the stage for the next part.

I think this is an INCREDIBLY dumb move. I support the AHCA, but this is one area that I don't think the Ravens need to be getting their hands into. The NFL already distanced themselves from it, and the Ravens just went on ahead and signed up. Doing it as a franchise just really sets you up for ridicule and questions that might distract from your true goal, WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES. I have yet to see what things they will do, maybe it won't affect day to day operations, but it has the potential to provide distractions IMO. Plus, it's the fact that you did this under the blanket of a WHOLE FRANCHISE. If a player wants to support it, great. But now you just signed up every employee and player of the Ravens to partner to support this iniative. If a player doesn't support it, do they decide not to sign here. Do they get punished if they decline to take part in pro-AHCA events/promotions?

Not liking this, and again, this is coming from someone who benefited from the AHCA.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Ravens to Promote Obamacare in MD

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch...are-enrollment

I don't think it's wise for the Ravens to be involved in something political like this. Even more so given how bad this law is turning out to be. Thoughts?

Re: Ravens to Promote Obamacare in MD

Uuuugggghhhhh.....

Blog Entries

bpmurr - this thread is already in existence in the political, off-topic forum.

I am going to merge this thread with that one.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    bpmurr - this thread is already in existence in the political, off-topic forum.

I am going to merge this thread with that one.
    But this is specifically about the Ravens so it should be in the Ravens thread. It's not just general politics.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    But this is specifically about the Ravens so it should be in the Ravens thread. It's not just general politics.
    No, it shouldn't.

We've never allowed politics in the main forum, even when it directly relates to the Ravens. For example, BA's activism, when he was a Raven, always wound up here because of the divisive nature that's surrounded by politics.

Blog Entries

Kind of surprising that the Ravens would want to get involved with such a polarizing issue. They're going to piss off their customers by taking a stance. Better to just keep quiet about it

Very disappointing, but I understand why they're doing it.

Maryland is a VERY blue state and overwhelmingly supports this mess of a law. Catering to your customers is good business.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Very disappointing, but I understand why they're doing it.

Maryland is a VERY blue state and overwhelmingly supports this mess of a law. Catering to your customers is good business.
    Actually when you're trying to build a national/international fan base it's not good for business. This story is right on the Drudge Report and getting national attention. There are people ripping the Ravens like crazy online now. Getting involved such polarizing bad law is never good for business. There is no good outcome for the Ravens getting involved with this.

Actually when you're trying to build a national/international fan base it's not good for business. This story is right on the Drudge Report and getting national attention. There are people ripping the Ravens like crazy online now. Getting involved such polarizing bad law is never good for business.
    Dudge is a right leaning site. Of course it's going to get flamed there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dudge is a right leaning site. Of course it's going to get flamed there.
    Yeah but this is attention the team doesn't need. As a fan of the Ravens I'm really disappointed they're getting involved. All they're doing is alienating a part of there fan base. Here I am getting excited about the first game and I see this crap. We've got a guy who posted before me that's for it and thinks it's a dumb move as well. Like he said it takes away from winning football games.
    Last edited by bpmurr; 09-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Yeah but this is attention the team doesn't need. As a fan of the Ravens I'm really disappointed they're getting involved. All they're doing is alienating a part of there fan base. Here I am getting excited about the first game and I see this crap. We've got a guy who posted before me that's for it and thinks it's a dumb move as well. Let me said it takes away from winning football games.
    So does this put to rest the "Biscotti didn't go to the White house with the team because he doesn't support the Administration" theory?