Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Steeler fan here; fuck the Steelers Nation forums.

I love when Steeler fans, who like to come here to tell us how good the Steelers are or tell us how unrealistic we are when discussing the Steelers, feel like they need to come here for love. Even they can't stand their fan base, but we are somehow supposed to tolerate them. Pfffft.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I love when Steeler fans, who like to come here to tell us how good the Steelers are or tell us how unrealistic we are when discussing the Steelers, feel like they need to come here for love. Even they can't stand their fan base, but we are somehow supposed to tolerate them. Pfffft.
    Ya ever go look at some Steeler forums?

Pretty much similar stuff happens there with Raven fans.

This place has always been open for business to Steeler fans as well as all opposing teams' fans as long as they respect the rules and act appropriately in the forums.

Nothing wrong with good debate and perspective from behind enemy lines to keep the place on its toes and active.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Q--
    FWIW, I find this site to be about as "good" as it gets when it comes to stuff I'm looking for in a forum - a lot of knowledgeable posters, some pretty superior insights, latest and greatest news flashes, some decent humor ;), and to their credit, the mods seem to be able to clean up true trolling messes before they can barely gain traction.

I signed up on the SunSpot site (Baltimore Sun sponsored) years ago, and observed things go from mixed to worse. Not that younger posters are the problem, but when a site becomes a Junior High mentality stirring pot, it seems that most intelligent football discussion goes down the dumper. And when a site lets "trolls" continue to post and disrupt the intent of the site, same result. Add to that the absolutely absurd policy change by The Sun to start charging folks to use the site after x number of page accesses, and it was a no-brainer to say AMF (that's Spanish for Adios, My Friend! ;)) and spend time here on 24x7.

I'm not enrolled on other teams' forums, although I understand that many may care to do so, so more power to them. This forum keeps me plenty entertained and informed.

Again, just FWIW...

Believe it or not, I've seen the Patriots board meltdown after a loss, including calls for Belichick to be fired. People just get unreasonable when trying to vent after a bad game.

There's a permanent thread on texanstalk.com calling for Kubiak to be canned.

Talk radio in Houston, even after a win, is a buzz with folks wanting him fired and replaced.

It's the same dynamic everywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Having Superbowl appearances and wins pretty much can't be argued with, but I think the personnel (including assistant coaches) has alot to do with the head coaches success.

With that being said, I like Tomlin as well.
    Why any fan would want him fired is mind boggling IMO.
    I'd have no problem with him as our teams head coach.

I love listening to his pre-game press conferences prior to our games.

Some of the stuff he says I find to be honest, to the point, and entertaining as hell.

Last week was the line when he was asked about missing certain players and its impact.

His response was that they put their focus on the players that are there, and that excuses are tools of the incompetent.

How do you not respect that?

Not sure if it was last year, or the year before, but he was asked about facing our offense and its weapons.

He started talking about how well Flacco was playing and naming the guys around him and their play making ability, etc., finally ended with something along the lines of "from where I sit, it's a horror show".

Comment had me rolling.

Dude is cool!!
    True, LeBeau is just amazing. Pure amazing. Arians sucked though, but of coarse now that we have a sick new OC, Haley is wanted to be fired. Stupid fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Judging by his rude comment, and signature to boot, this is one of "those" fans. Plagues.

Re: Steeler fan here; screw the Steelers Nation forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    I've had it with most of the "fans" there.

There is no class; bandwagon fans, people trying to be a holier fan than thee, whiners, idiots who know jack shit about football, rabid fans who hate everything, people who want to fire Mike Tomlin for gods sake!

The mods are overpowered to, and cocky. The people here are nicer to me than over there!

I've moved to Steelers Fever. Unless that place drastically changes, I'm staying away.

/rant
    Sure you don't want to step back over there and defend yourself ?

You're being called out on a thread dedicated to this thread you started here.

Go ahead, should be pretty entertaining reading.

Interestingly enough, dudes over there don't even know who Diamond Dave is/was.

Guess I've been around these forums too long as I seem to know more about the history of that site more then some of the regulars over there.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
    I've had it with most of the "fans" there.

There is no class; bandwagon fans, people trying to be a holier fan than thee, whiners, idiots who know jack shit about football, rabid fans who hate everything, people who want to fire Mike Tomlin for gods sake!

The mods are overpowered to, and cocky. The people here are nicer to me than over there!

I've moved to Steelers Fever. Unless that place drastically changes, I'm staying away.

/rant
    Quackjack
    Banned Permanently

He's yours to keep. Enjoy Ravens fans...

Blog Entries

Bizarre, really. I've seen some stupid shit in my time but I guess I should remember the proverb:

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." ~ Bullet Tooth Tony

Blog Entries

Good, let it be known that those forums are garbage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Sure you don't want to step back over there and defend yourself ?

You're being called out on a thread dedicated to this thread you started here.

Go ahead, should be pretty entertaining reading.

Interestingly enough, dudes over there don't even know who Diamond Dave is/was.

Guess I've been around these forums too long as I seem to know more about the history of that site more then some of the regulars over there.
    Lol, I'd rather sit by and watch. Let those ignorant jackasses fester in their egos.