Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ingram

Re: Mark Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    We have a slightly younger and better version of Ingram in Murray. Emphasis on the word slightly. We need a speed back. I really think they should try working Duvernay into several runs per game. Direct snaps, and several traditional handoffs a game.

He has the build of a RB and speed to burn. When Bateman comes back there will be another mouth to feed. This is another way to get the ball in his hands and it provides another look that teams have to prepare for.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Not sure about this "built like a RB" moniker that gets thrown around regarding Duvernay. He looks like a WR to me and runs like one IMO. We've been having a pages long discussion about Queen and the mentality of a linebacker. It is very similar for a running back. Look at what just happened to JuJu. WR are accustomed to dipping their shoulders once in a while to try to get more yardage, they are not of the mindset or build to do it 9-10 times per game. Perhaps if he was like Boldin's size. This experiment has been tried a few times throughout the years. Ty Montgomery, Percy Harvin in spurts and as you just mentioned Cordarelle Patterson. It usually doesn't work very well for the converted receiver except for designed plays meant to get them in open space.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Not sure about this "built like a RB" moniker that gets thrown around regarding Duvernay. He looks like a WR to me and runs like one IMO. We've been having a pages long discussion about Queen and the mentality of a linebacker. It is very similar for a running back. Look at what just happened to JuJu. WR are accustomed to dipping their shoulders once in a while to try to get more yardage, they are not of the mindset or build to do it 9-10 times per game. Perhaps if he was like Boldin's size. This experiment has been tried a few times throughout the years. Ty Montgomery, Percy Harvin in spurts and as you just mentioned Cordarelle Patterson. It usually doesn't work very well for the converted receiver except for designed plays meant to get them in open space.
    You can literally read any scouting report on him and it mentions that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns...devin-duvernay

He has the mentality as evidenced by his running style. He is built like a RB at 5'9" and over 200lbs.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 10-14-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Blog Entries

The one RB I would be looking to trade for would be Myles Gaskin from the Dolphins.

Gaskin is not having a good season in that new look Miami offense. He's making just $850,000 this year which would be an easy swap if they cut Freeman. Last year when Gaskin was hurt they got good production out of Salvon Ahmed and they also signed Malcom Brown so they have options if the trade value is something they want.

Gaskin has often been described and Austin Ekeler light. These are smaller guys in incredible shape who catch just as well as they run. The Ravens have not really thrown to the running backs under Lamar but they also never had someone with the ability of Gaskin. With the Ravens focus on passing they would have a real outlet for Lamar beyond receivers staying in to play short.

If Gaskin has another sub-par game I'd be dangling a 4th round pick and see what it takes to get Gaskin.

Blog Entries

Let me put a fork in this now. Ingram has a 3 million 1 year deal. The Ravens after listening to the podcast Tony just put up, is like 1.9 or less of cap space. I am not sure what kind of voodoo economics they could do to get him under that, but the cap gymnastics likely is not worth the production that would be gained when we have a decent scrap heap of old running backs already on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The one RB I would be looking to trade for would be Myles Gaskin from the Dolphins.

Gaskin is not having a good season in that new look Miami offense. He's making just $850,000 this year which would be an easy swap if they cut Freeman. Last year when Gaskin was hurt they got good production out of Salvon Ahmed and they also signed Malcom Brown so they have options if the trade value is something they want.

Gaskin has often been described and Austin Ekeler light. These are smaller guys in incredible shape who catch just as well as they run. The Ravens have not really thrown to the running backs under Lamar but they also never had someone with the ability of Gaskin. With the Ravens focus on passing they would have a real outlet for Lamar beyond receivers staying in to play short.

If Gaskin has another sub-par game I'd be dangling a 4th round pick and see what it takes to get Gaskin.
    Gaskin is nothing special he is a UDFA who played last year because of injuries but did well. I don’t think he is worth a 4th. We have guys that can replicate what he does.

Ingram at this point I believe would be interchangeable with Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman and LeVeon Bell as a veteran rotational RB. And I certainly believe there is enough leadership in Baltimore.

I'm in his corner though, happy to see him help salvage that train wreck in Houston.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 10-14-2021 at 11:07 PM.

IMO, it would be just adding another aging sub-standard RB to the Ravens’ already long list of aging, sub-standard RBs. The big thing Ingram would bring is rapport with LJ. Not that it matters, bc Baltimore won’t sign Ingram anyway.

I don't think they should trade for Ingram, because inside linebacker is where that last little bit of money should go, but I would love to see him back - in theory.

Quite a few people seem to be assuming that the Ingram we saw in 2020 is who he is now but, if you watch Houston, he's got some of his explosion back. He's hitting holes with more burst than last year. When you combine that with his familiarity with Lamar/the Ravens system, he would be an upgrade on the Ravens current RB situation. Also, he's really likable.

Blog Entries

We would if this was 2016 and we the same cast. Too bad in 2021 they’re all old. I’ll gladly take someone who averages over 4 yards per carry on a team with a bad line and has an 87% catch rate like Gaskin did last year. Austin Ekeler was also an undrafted fee agent with similar skills who had an okay year and then the Chargers dumped Melvin Gordon for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    LeVeon has got some juice left idc what anyone here says loool

but yeah agree 100%
    That's my response, let's see if Bell can do anything. Loved to root AGAINST him as a Steeler. If he does have something left, it's always sweet to turn Yinzer Diaspora against the Black & Gold. But we don't need to stockpile aged RBs as a policy

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    You can literally read any scouting report on him and it mentions that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns...devin-duvernay

He has the mentality as evidenced by his running style. He is built like a RB at 5'9" and over 200lbs.

He's 5'11 , if you are speaking of D.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    He's 5'11 , if you are speaking of D.D.
    5'10 1/2 according to the combine. I guess that source was off.