Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yall ready?

Yall ready?

Time to see what we're made of

Re: Yall ready?

Y'all can't convince me there isn't a team we can't beat so long as Lamar effing Jackson is under center

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Y'all can't convince me there isn't a team we can't beat so long as Lamar effing Jackson is under center
    You gotta hand it to the entire team.. that many injuries and we're 4-1. It hasn't been pretty but here we are.

4. Re: Yall ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You gotta hand it to the entire team.. that many injuries and we're 4-1. It hasn't been pretty but here we are.
    You gonna apologize for your nutty take on Lamar's "accuracy" or no? Cuz I ain't forgettin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Agreed, but it would be great to have Dobbins or/and Edwards for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    You gonna apologize for your nutty take on Lamar's "accuracy" or no? Cuz I ain't forgettin' it!
    I did! Lol.

All I want from Lamar is to start hot though not wait until desperation mode. This isn't gonna fly in January but I'll take it for now.

If Lamar keeps rolling from that half, we definitely stand a chance. Herbie vs. this defense is what worries me.

8. Re: Yall ready?

I did! Lol.

All I want from Lamar is to start hot though not wait until desperation mode. This isn't gonna fly in January but I'll take it for now.
    99% of the blame there goes on the scripted offensive play-calling. Slow, plodding, methodical (even when it wasn't working). That's all on Roman.

P.S.:: Sorry I missed the apology. I'll stop pilin' on. =)

99% of the blame there goes on the scripted offensive play-calling. Slow, plodding, methodical (even when it wasn't working). That's all on Roman.
    I agree. To his defense though, Stanley, Bateman, Gus, Dobbins all injured.

10. Re: Yall ready?

I agree. To his defense though, Stanley, Bateman, Gus, Dobbins all injured.
    Yeah. Boyle, too. But that's been true for five weeks now. It's on Roman to adjust, and sometimes (usually) he's so damnably slow doing it!

Yeah. Boyle, too. But that's been true for five weeks now. It's on Roman to adjust, and sometimes (usually) he's so damnably slow doing it!
    I forgot about Boyle and that's arguably the most impactful one next to Stanley.

But Roman can minimize the losses by changing the tempo. He doesn't have to do it on every series but damn the strain Lamar puts on any defense is multiplied when they get gassed.