Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

The way Bell runs, it simply won’t work in this offense. It’s predicated on power football one cut and gone. Dude just doesn’t have that to his game.

May provide something out of the backfield OB 3rd downs. But I pray he doesn’t get meaningful snaps on the early downs or shit went south with our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I cannot root for this dude I’m sorry lol
    What for the honor of Art Rooney?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
    I like the signing.Maybe he has something to prove.
    You are talking about a guy who literally pulled one of the dumbest moves a player can in the history of the sport when he sat out the entire 2018 season after the best season of his career and when he should have been having his best years.

I will root for the guy now that he wears the purple but this signing has me scratching my head twice as much as Dez Bryant signing.
    That guy you assumed ate his humble pie, but he also clearly did not learn his lesson and his mouth cost him his job again.

I would have rather seen Holyfield, Murray or Freeman over bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    The way Bell runs, it simply won’t work in this offense. It’s predicated on power football one cut and gone. Dude just doesn’t have that to his game.

May provide something out of the backfield OB 3rd downs. But I pray he doesn’t get meaningful snaps on the early downs or shit went south with our season.
    Watching that highlight reel, I thought he could gain a lot of yards in this offense.

That’s just not true. People have talked so much about his patience that some people think that’s all he has. When a hole is there right away he’s more than capable of hitting it in a hurry. You don’t put up the kind of production he did in Pittsburgh if you’re dancing around behind the line of scrimmage every single play. That’s just something he was capable of doing when he needed to.

I'm not sure what Le'Veon Bell you've watched over the years, but to say he isnt a "power back" is laughable. I guess you werent watching when he was trucking Ravens defenders on his way to the endzone. Even in the highlight posted earlier, he was taking contact and still moving forward. He is still a big dude who doesnt lose yards very often.

I'm hoping for the best - anyone who isnt clearly is more about hating a player/person they dont even know - than loving the team.

Might be a good guy to have in the bullpen for later in the season, and they can use him in the passing game. I’m good with it as long as he doesn’t start complaining about touches.

That's not true. His style does fit this system and he can catch out of the backfield. He run style fits the zone run scheme and power run scheme of the ravens. And he can also be a checkdown king for Lamar.

Sign Murray too

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Watching that highlight reel, I thought he could gain a lot of yards in this offense.
    His only highlights are the ones where he actually does make one cut and gets up the field. He’s also slow as molasses at this point in his career. Although the still has some moves in the open field.

The problem isn’t his highlights. It is what he is doing the rest of the time. One of the worst teams in football got rid of him and a perennial super bow contender threw him in the trash. Then he sat on the streets until 2 days before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Sign Murray too
    Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    That's not true. His style does fit this system and he can catch out of the backfield. He run style fits the zone run scheme and power run scheme of the ravens. And he can also be a checkdown king for Lamar.
    Not sure what Leveon Bell you have watched the last decade to say that he is a power running back. Edwards is better than him at this point in their careers.