Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast
  1. Re: Minka Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Dolphins aren't winning anything.
    They have the potential to be a very scary team very soon. Combine their cap space draft capital with the soon-to-come retirement of Brady (he can't play forever, right?!) potentially leaving the AFC East wide-open, and they could build a team that is perennially in the playoffs. Or, they could Brown up the draft and be in basically the same spot. The Dolphins now have a lot of gunpowder lying around. They still need to hit their shots, but they're going to have quite a few of them. They may not hit their target, but I'd say that they're maximizing their chances of doing so.

Draft capital:
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Yates
    Dolphins’ draft picks in 2020:
    1st round: Own, Texans, Steelers
    2nd round: Own, Saints
    3rd: Own, projected compensatory
    4th: Own
    5th: Projected compensatory
    6th: Own, Cowboys
    7th: Colts

Miami also owns Houston’s 2021 1st and 2nd rounder.
    Cap space:
    Spotrac has them ~$120m under the cap in 2020 (including the $33m carryover from 2019). They only have 39 players under contract, so it will shrink some, but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to keep a good portion of it to rollover to 2021. Draft 10-15 rookies, sign a few UDFAs, let them develop in 2020. Sign a handful of splash FAs in 2021 to fill in the blanks.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Minka Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    Don't understand the move from the Steelers perspective. They must have had Minkah as a top 3-5 prospect on their board in the 2018 NFL Draft. That's the only way I see them paying up. This could very realistically be a top 10 pick next year. They are already missing their 3rd rounder in 2020 because of the Devin Bush trade-up.
    Only way it works is as you stated because the signing bonus is already paid for AND they think Rudolph is Ben's successor. If not they screwed themselves out of a top 5 draft pick and maybe Tua (assuming Rudolph is bad). Worst case is Rudolph is average gives them hope and Ben can't return them they have screwed themselves out of Trevor too.

Actually this is good news for the Ravens

This is clearly a desperation move by a coach and gm on the hotseat. It's the only way to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    Don't understand the move from the Steelers perspective. They must have had Minkah as a top 3-5 prospect on their board in the 2018 NFL Draft. That's the only way I see them paying up. This could very realistically be a top 10 pick next year. They are already missing their 3rd rounder in 2020 because of the Devin Bush trade-up.
    This next draft could be the deepest in NFL history, and the steelers don't have a 1st, 3rd, or a 5th. Yikes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Only way it works is as you stated because the signing bonus is already paid for AND they think Rudolph is Ben's successor. If not they screwed themselves out of a top 5 draft pick and maybe Tua (assuming Rudolph is bad). Worst case is Rudolph is average gives them hope and Ben can't return them they have screwed themselves out of Trevor too.

Trevor Lawrence won’t be available until the 2021 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    This is clearly a desperation move by a coach and gm on the hotseat. It's the only way to explain it.
    They've been trying to get their DB situation fixed as long as the Ravens have been trying to get their WR situation fixed. Looks like one team found them in the draft, the other is still trying to go the FA route....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post

not only that, they also screwed themselves out of one of the top 2 WRs in this upcoming draft.

The Dolphins are targeting Tua, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanManMdFan View Post
    This next draft could be the deepest in NFL history, and the steelers don't have a 1st, 3rd, or a 5th. Yikes!
    Didn't the Steelers get a 3rd and 5th round pick back for Antonio Brown from the Raiders?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-new-contract
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    The Dolphins are targeting Tua, IMO.
    I have watched Tua play several times. Is it just me, because I have not found him to be all that impressive. He is a very good college QB, but I am not sure how his game translates to the NFL. It's hard to tell watching Alabama, because their WRs are running wide open most of the time.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-17-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Browns fans can tell you that having a lot of picks and cap space doesn't necessarily equate to quick success.

So Lamar and Marquise get to face Minka twice again this year huh?