Page 1 of 47 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Socializing The Board

Just throwing this out there, but I thought since we have more and more active participants it would be nice to maybe have a thread where everyone can include some details about themselves. Some of us already know each other from tailgating, but I wanted to initiate something like this before the upcoming season in case folks on here wanted to meet up at a game or for a game. Plus, it's just kind of interesting to know who you're talking with.

We are also heading into the slow part of the post-draft season, so this could bring some fun and discussion on something else besides if Dean Pees sucks and who is the bigger bust between Matt Elam and Kyle Boller.

Please don't feel like you have to respond or even answer all of the categories. I completely understand one's wishes to remain anonymous, so don't feel pressured to participate.

Categories could be the following:

First Name
    Occupation
    Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+)
    Military Service
    Location (town/city/state)
    Attended College?
    Ravens fan since...?
    Fan of another team?
    M&T Seats?
    Tailgating Spot?
    College Team?
    Favorite Player (Current, Historic)?
    Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)?
    Least favorite team (why)?
    Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc?
    Hobbies?
    Ever played football?
    Position played?
    RSR members could ask me for advice on...?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Socializing The Board

I'll go first so everyone knows this isn't like a scam or anything, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

First Name: Paul

Age Bracket: 26-35

Military Service: US Navy, 4 active, 4 reserve

Location (town/city/state): Frederick, MD
    Attended College: Dickinson College (PA)

Ravens fan since...? Since the beginning. I grew up in a household that followed the Redskins, so before 1996 I was a Skins fan.
    Fan of another team? I am a fan of football, so I like and will watch a lot of other teams. If I had to pick an NFC team or something, it would probably be the Giants or the Packers.

M&T Seats? Where I can get them. My buddy's Dad has seats in section 153, so I'll usually go to one or two home games with them if they are kind enough to offer them up. :-)

Tailgating Spot? Don't have one, but I've hung out with Greg, The Fanatic, and Camdenyard at their tailgating location.

College Team? I obviously root for the Terps, but I've always been partial to Big10 schools like Michigan. I try to watch a lot of college ball.

Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Current favorite player on the Ravens would be Steve Smith. Love the way he plays the game and he genuinely seems like a good dude off the field. In the league? Probably Anquan Boldin. I also really like Earl Thomas of the Seahawks. Best safety in the game right now IMO. Historically? Reggie White was someone I always really liked. I was also a huge Darrell Green fan.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Currently, I'd probably say Marlon Brown. No personal reasons, but I just don't think he's a good player. I'd put Art Brown up there too as far as disappointment is concerned. Historically, I did not care for Bernard Pollard. He was a big time hitter and a big part of that SB run, but he didn't give a damn about the rules of the game and he was a huge asshole in the locker room and off the field. I was glad when they cut him.

Least favorite team (why)? Most may say the Steelers, but I actually don't mind the Steelers. I'd rather them win the division than the Browns or Bengals. However, my least favorite team is the Patriots by far. Their fans are douche bags. That team has shown they have zero integrity.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? While at college, the Redskins were still coming to do their training camp on campus. Getting to hang with Lavarr Arrington, Darrell Green, and those guys was pretty cool for a freshman in college trying to make the freshman team. Lavarr Arrington is a big mofo. I couldn't believe how big and fast he was. I'm not sure what derailed his career, but he was freakishly athletic.

Hobbies? Woodworking and brewing beer. I have other hobbies too, like weight training and guitar, but I enjoy brewing and woodworking the most. In the winter I am hitting the mountains in the area took snowboarding as much as possible. I've been snowboarding for about 15 years.

Ever played football? I played through college (D3). I could have played at Villanova, but I would have been on the bench and I wanted the chance to play right away.

Position played? Outside linebacker and strong safety. I'm only 5'10", but weigh around 230. In high school I was 200 and in college around 225, so safety/linebacker made the most sense. I always wanted to be a QB though, haha. What kid doesn't?

Different beer types, brewing beer, snowboarding, cyber related items, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First Name: Chuck

Age Bracket: 18-25

College: Carroll Community

Ravens Fan Since 2009

Fan of another team: None in specific, but I do follow other teams and I try to watch as many games as possible.

Favorite Player: Joe Flacco. He honestly sounds like a really chill dude.

Least Favorite Raven: Bernard Pollard

Least Favorite Team: Bengals. They're nothing but a bunch of pretenders. (Sorry CC)

Hobbies: I write for Baltimore Beatdown
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Good Idea Wicked.

First Name: Cole

Occupation: Policy Analyst, Health Canada. Do a lot work in social policy related to mental health and suicide prevention. I've done a lot of work with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration in the US.

Location (town/city/state): Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Attended College: University of Ottawa. Bachelor of Social Sciences, Specialization in Criminology

Ravens fan since...? 98. My old man was a fan and I started watching in the 98 season with him. Haven't missed a game since.
    Fan of another team? I find it hard in football to like other teams. I used to like watching the Eagles in the Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb days.

M&T Seats? Never been to a game unfortunately.

College Team? Like most Canadians in eastern Ontario I am a Syracuse fan. But only really for basketball. For college football I watch prospects, but don't root for a team.

Favorite Player (Current, Historic)? Currently Yanda. Ultimate RG, best in the league, plays like a Raven. I played guard in HS and Uni so I always have a soft spot for OL. Historically, Ray Lewis. I know it's probably cheesy, but he was just the man. Also was a huge fan of Ngata.

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)? Currently, don't really have one. I dont particularly like Kendrick Lewis or Marlon Brown because they suck. Historically, Bryant Mckinnie, such a lazy slob who just wanted pay days. Couldn't have cared less about the team IMO.

Least favorite team (why)? Patriots. In Canada there are thousands of Bandwagon fans. And when the playoffs come around and they start takling about the team (half don't give a shit the whole season) it's beyond annoying. Plus they're all pieces of shit.

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc? I was down in Florida during the offseason and ran into Ray Lewis. This was back in 07 and he was down there with his kids. I kept trying to make eye contact with him becuase his kids were younger and I didnt wanna just barge over and talk to him. I think he could tell so he turned and said "oh hey do I recognize you?" and laughed. Had a big chat with him, got a picture. He was really friendly and thanked me for not being so invasive.

Other sports favorite teams? Basketball - Toronto Raptors. Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays. Hockey - Ottawa Senators.

Hobbies? I play lacrosse and am an avid kickboxer under Jean-Yves Theriault (dominated the world kickboxing scene in the 80's). I also hike and cycle. I'm big into video games and watch a lot of sports (hockey, baseball and basketball on top of football). Play beer league softball. Weekends are spent doing that stuff in the days and going out at night. Big pub guy, nothing better than an evening on a patio watching the game with your boys.

Ever played football? Played 2 years in uni, but wasn't that good. Only started 1 game at full back.

Position played? Left guard all through highschool. Played fullback in university cause I was undersized.

Anything social policy related (I like to talk policy, but not politics), hockey, travelling to Canada, kickboxing, weight training for sports like kickboxing/MMA.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

alright this is a good idea, a lot of us been here for some years now so it's nice to have a name to the posters

First Name: Jason

Age Bracket (18-25/ 26-35/ 36-45/ 46-55/ 56+): 33

Military Service: straight civilian

Location (town/city/state): good ole cheyenne wyoming

Attended College?: Florida international baybay!! Golden Panthers!!

Ravens fan since...?: inception

Fan of another team?: hell to the nawww

M&T Seats?: none

Tailgating Spot?: one of these days with the crew

College Team?: the golden panthers of course, but love me some U!!

Favorite Player (Current, Historic)?: THE GOAT #52

Least Favorite Raven (current, historic)?: dean pees and pops mattison

Least favorite team (why)?: patriots need a I say more

Favorite Experience w/ NFL players, coaches, teams, etc?: I was about 10 at the time so this was probably 1993?? anyways the university of Miami had a fan appreciation day, the Rock was actually my idol then before he was even the rock, so went up to him and asked him for an autograph he basically pushed me aside, Ray saw it and he called me over and said "what's your name little guy?" I said "Jason" he then took my ball and signed it and said "Jason you are going to be very important person when you grow up, don't let no one tell you different."

Hobbies: lifting heavy shit, reading, watching football of course.

Ever played football: pee wee football for the falcons, member of the ducks for city league during my elementary school years, Leonard middle school in texas for 2yrs as a DE, Plantation high in Florida for 4yrs 3 yrs as a starter as LB/DE. FIU golden panthers for 3yrs as DE. Northern Colorado wolfpack for 3yrs as DE made all-star team for 2 years in a row as sack leader. Wyoming Wranglers for 2yrs as DE and OLB, Colorado Ice for 2yrs as OLB/DE made all-star one year played the air-force team in the all-star game.

Position played: DE/LB

RSR members could ask me for advice on.: anything to do with kids lol

Blog Entries

Paul, Chuck, Cole it's been a pleasure posting with you fellas

Blog Entries

Damn Smoove, I didn't realize you were out in Wyoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is already paying dividends. Jason, I can just picture you giving some middle aged kid the business with a Ric Flair WOOOO!

Hahaha love it.

It is a pleasure posting with you guys.

This really was a cool idea Paul
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

First name = Shakespeare wrote, "What's in a name?"

Occupation = Doing nothing at all, and I don't start until noon.

Age = Helped Noah load the ark.

Military = U.S. Army Medical Corps.

Location = New York City.

College = on and off at Brooklyn college. Mostly off.

Ravens fan = Since day one.

Hobbies = Crossword puzzles, puns and anagrams, plenty of poker.

Played Football? = No, but did play softball, handball, and bowling.

Ask me advice on = Any old topic since I'm pretty ignorant and will likely give an uninformed answer.

Favorite Nonphysical Activity = I can watch those dancing bananas 'til the wife says, "Stop watching dancing bananas and help with [fill in any home work activity]."

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    First name = Shakespeare wrote, "What's in a name?"

Occupation = Doing nothing at all, and I don't start until noon.

Age = Helped Noah load the ark.

Military = U.S. Army Medical Corps.

Location = New York City.

College = on and off at Brooklyn college. Mostly off.

Ravens fan = Since day one.

Hobbies = Crossword puzzles, puns and anagrams, plenty of poker.

Played Football? = No, but did play softball, handball, and bowling.

Ask me advice on = Any old topic since I'm pretty ignorant and will likely give an uninformed answer.

Favorite Nonphysical Activity = I can watch those dancing bananas 'til the wife says, "Stop watching dancing bananas and help with [fill in any home work activity]."

... Bc

Add a row.

Favorite RSR Poster: BcRaven
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Add a row.

Favorite RSR Poster: BcRaven
    Lol, yea, Bc always has some good ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Damn Smoove, I didn't realize you were out in Wyoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL yup good ole Broncos country brother