Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Brandon Williams

I just want to know who builds a defense around a 2 down DT? first he was hurting because we had no speed on defense we draft all kinds of fast guys and LBs, then he was hurting because we had no secondary depth, now we got secondary depth out this world now a 2 down DT is hurt and your whole defense falls apart??? BRUH WE NEED TO RE-EVALUATE THESE COACHES.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    This link explains what i have been saying qbout williams and how important he is

https://ebonybird.com/2017/10/05/why...avens-success/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Except the Steelers didn't run it up the gut. They had great success running off tackle. Because absolutely NO ONE could set an edge, Z Smith being the worst offender, but even Suggs was horrible at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I just want to know who builds a defense around a 2 down DT? first he was hurting because we had no speed on defense we draft all kinds of fast guys and LBs, then he was hurting because we had no secondary depth, now we got secondary depth out this world now a 2 down DT is hurt and your whole defense falls apart??? BRUH WE NEED TO RE-EVALUATE THESE COACHES.
    Most 3-4 Defenses do it starts with the Nose as he directs everything else that happens that's why Vince Wilfolk was so important and the Steelers always draft stout NT. When you run a 3-4 as we do it is arguably the most important position as it makes the rest of it go. The thing is that guy allows the LBs to eat and he allows Pierce to penetrate. coaches play a big part in it too. I will say this we get gashed as soon as he's not in the game it proves the importance because you run to set up the pass.

Him not being there didn't allow pierce to penetrate which forces him right to the LB. Pierce being out of position because hes trying to fill in for Williams. Davis is not ready yet. the article explains it perfectly maybe better than I'm relaying it

Blog Entries

Most 3-4 Defenses do it starts with the Nose as he directs everything else that happens that's why Vince Wilfolk was so important and the Steelers always draft stout NT. When you run a 3-4 as we do it is arguably the most important position as it makes the rest of it go. The thing is that guy allows the LBs to eat and he allows Pierce to penetrate. coaches play a big part in it too. I will say this we get gashed as soon as he's not in the game it proves the importance because you run to set up the pass.
    Like I said Iceman I get why they did it, I get their train of thought for doing it but this is why we are where we are today because this philosophy is old. They have way too investment for on this side of the ball to look like shit because Brandon williams is out..BRANDON FREAKING WILLIAMS smh are you kidding me?? That's what makes the defense go now? FML bruh.

Like I said Iceman I get why they did it, I get their train of thought for doing it but this is why we are where we are today because this philosophy is old. They have way too investment for on this side of the ball to look like shit because Brandon williams is out..BRANDON FREAKING WILLIAMS smh are you kidding me?? That's what makes the defense go now? FML bruh.
    Not really old, cause other teams do it that run a 3-4. that is basic fundamental football. the game may advance but the basics never change. it just goes to show you the importance. because he actually makes other players around him better.

Him not being there didn't allow pierce to penetrate which forces him right to the LB. Pierce being out of position because hes trying to fill in for Williams. Davis is not ready yet. the article explains it perfectly maybe better than I'm relaying it
    If the play is already designed to go at the LB, then forcing someone to the LB is not having the dramatic effect you (and the writer) are claiming. The Steelers again had great success running off tackle, not up the gut as written in the article, so Brent Urban's loss would have a greater impact on the D's inability to stop those runs.

Blog Entries

Not really old, cause other teams do it that run a 3-4. that is basic fundamental football. the game may advance but the basics never change. it just goes to show you the importance. because he actually makes other players around him better.
    not like this broham not like this. The schematics by pees is just downright stupid. Losing a DT shouldn't prevent you from rushing the passer off the edges, nor should it make you tip your blitzes early or confuse the coverage. Pees scheme is seriously flawed.

not like this broham not like this. The schematics by pees is just downright stupid. Losing a DT shouldn't prevent you from rushing the passer off the edges, nor should it make you tip your blitzes early or confuse the coverage. Pees scheme is seriously flawed.
    I do agree some things with Pees needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    If the play is already designed to go at the LB, then forcing someone to the LB is not having the dramatic effect you (and the writer) are claiming. The Steelers again had great success running off tackle, not up the gut as written in the article, so Brent Urban's loss would have a greater impact on the D's inability to stop those runs.
    Just cause they running off tackle doesn't take away from his importance as he takes double teams to allow guys like urban and Piece to be one on one and keeping dudes off linebackers. fundamental football

Blog Entries

Just cause they running off tackle doesn't take away from his importance as he takes double teams to allow guys like urban and Piece to be one on one and keeping dudes off linebackers. fundamental football
    this agree with because what Williams does is eat up blockers, you have to have two on him and that's a load for even two guys, Pierce was getting doubled as well but what B Will does is allow guys like Pierce and urban to beat their guys one on one and for Mosley and those guys to flow thus getting the edge faster for support but our edge backers didn't do a good job either so who knows if B Will would have made a difference.

this agree with because what Williams does is eat up blockers, you have to have two on him and that's a load for even two guys, Pierce was getting doubled as well but what B Will does is allow guys like Pierce and urban to beat their guys one on one and for Mosley and those guys to flow thus getting the edge faster for support but our edge backers didn't do a good job either so who knows if B Will would have made a difference.
    Smooth this is what I was saying of his importance cause you move Pierce out of position. It has a domino effect he is the actual driver of the train it flows through him.
    Last edited by iceman43; 10-05-2017 at 11:50 AM.