Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Korea

Blog Entries

Re: North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Now they're nuking themselves. SMH.
    I mean, their entire country is basically rocky, mountainous terrain. They have very little space for agriculture. They're a country that relies heavily on coal export. So, they can detonate nukes all they want...nothing was growing there before anyhow. They're one of the most malnourished nations in the world. The average height/weight for males and females there is several inches smaller and 10's of lbs lighter than most other nations - including South Korea. It's actually really sad. Those people are completely fucked because of the Kim-Jong Dynasty.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Now they're nuking themselves. SMH.
    Never under-estimate the effects of being batshit crazy.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

This is literally all I think of when NK talk happens. But I love watching things about it, such a crazy place.

Blog Entries

North Korea

We joke about NK, but this is a deadly serious situation. Wars have begun over misunderstandings and miscommunications. That is why I wish Trump would choose his words more carefully.

If it gets to the point where we feel as though we have to strike NK preemptively, then we are running the risk of China entering such a war. That would turn into a massive big boy war very quickly. It would be a horribly bloody war even if China wasn't in it, but I just don't see China sitting by and watching their ally get destroyed. If we fought NK, regime change would definitely be major objective. That would mean a united Korean Peninsula that was allied with us. China will go to war before they let that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-05-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    We joke about NK, but this is a deadly serious situation. Wars have begun over misunderstandings and miscommunications. That is why I wish Trump would choose his words more carefully.

If it gets to the point where we feel as though we have to strike NK preemptively, then we are running the risk of China entering such a war. That would turn into a massive big boy war very quickly. It would be a horribly bloody war even if China wasn't in it, but I just don't see China sitting by and watching their ally get destroyed. If we fought NK, regime change would definitely be major objective. That would mean a united Korean Peninsula that was allied with us. China will go to war before they let that happen.

It is absolutely a serious situation. The problem we have is that Trump isn't much for diplomacy. He's one of those "get loud" people as a form of intimidation.

There are two things that NK ultimately wants: unification of the Korean Peninsula under their government and a seat at the table.

Considering the tactics NK has used on their citizens to keep them closed off from the rest of the world, I doubt either are a serious option.

China needs to step up and own this. NK is at least partially their doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is absolutely a serious situation. The problem we have is that Trump isn't much for diplomacy. He's one of those "get loud" people as a form of intimidation.

There are two things that NK ultimately wants: unification of the Korean Peninsula under their government and a seat at the table.

Considering the tactics NK has used on their citizens to keep them closed off from the rest of the world, I doubt either are a serious option.

China needs to step up and own this. NK is at least partially their doing.

Think back on the strongest people that you have encountered in your life. I can only speak for myself, but in my life, the strongest people were never the those who tried to intimidate others by getting loud. They were the ones who exuded quiet confidence. Trump is not going to be able to intimidate NK or China by talking tough. They will call his bluff, and then the US either has to go to war or lose face.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Think back on the strongest people that you have encountered in your life. I can only speak for myself, but in my life, the strongest people were never the those who tried to intimidate others by getting loud. They were the ones who exuded quiet confidence. Trump is not going to be able to intimidate NK or China by talking tough. They will call his bluff, and then the US either has to go to war or lose face.
    It's tough too because Japan doesn't really have a military. That was part of our treaty after WW2 ended.

So, they're a direct risk to NK and because Japan, the US, and South Korea are so closely tied economically; NK has ample reason to destabilize that region. Frankly, I don't believe that China wants war, but I also think that they would be "ok" with a destabilized region.

Blog Entries

I think something is about to go down, real soon. Nikki Haley's comments were spot on. We don't want war but that doesn't mean our patience are unlimited.

China told NK if you start this you're on your own. After firing a missile over Japan and now another test, I'm not sure how it can be said that they're not "starting it".

I think China wants to stay out of it as much as possible. Without the US China has virtually ZERO economy. And NK seems to be more of a drain on them than an ally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think something is about to go down, real soon. Nikki Haley's comments were spot on. We don't want war but that doesn't mean our patience are unlimited.

China told NK if you start this you're on your own. After firing a missile over Japan and now another test, I'm not sure how it can be said that they're not "starting it".

I think China wants to stay out of it as much as possible. Without the US China has virtually ZERO economy. And NK seems to be more of a drain on them than an ally.
    China doesn't want a US-backed Korean Peninsula.

And while NK firing off missiles and testing bombs is definitely not ok, unless they outwardly attack someone, there is enough for the Chinese to say otherwise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    China doesn't want a US-backed Korean Peninsula.

And while NK firing off missiles and testing bombs is definitely not ok, unless they outwardly attack someone, there is enough for the Chinese to say otherwise.

China's state-owned news agency has said that they will remain neutral if NK attacks first, but that they will enter the conflict to defend NK if we engage in a preemptive strike. When you ramp up the rhetoric, you can quickly get to the point where you are forced to act or look like a paper tiger. NK will continue to provoke us. The question will be how much we will take before we are left with no choice but to act.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...rea-first.html

Blog Entries

Looks like NK is taking Trump's twitter posts as a "declaration of war" against them.

Once upon a time the only thing we had to fear was fear itself.

Now we trade in it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk