Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: New Orleans Trip Information Thread

Nick at Lost Love Lounge says they want to be Ravens central. Ask for Nick, Jeff or Bill and mention me for VIP.

The Midcity Yacht Club is Ravens's friendly......
    DBA, ask for Big Michael, tell him Andy sent you. Its on Frenchmen.
    Those are all Ravens cause of me.

I work weekends nights at the Frenchmen Art Market so I have ti figure out a plan. I am going to media day I bought a ticket, will anyone be there Tuesday?
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 01-24-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

NOLA,

Can you tell me about the area near Mardi Gras RV Resort?

Believe it is right off Chef Menteur Highway

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    NOLA,

Can you tell me about the area near Mardi Gras RV Resort?

Believe it is right off Chef Menteur Highway

Thanks
    You won't have to go far for a lap dance or a massage :)
    Is kinda low rent, probably safe, but If you are going to stay there you might as well stay in Slidell really.

Re: Super Bowl Road Trip -- Post Your Travel Plans, Suggestions Etc Here!

Does anyone have tickets they are willing to sell? Please reply to the thread since people are having trouble sending me PMs. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    You won't have to go far for a lap dance or a massage :)
    Is kinda low rent, probably safe, but If you are going to stay there you might as well stay in Slidell really.
    lol, thanks buddy.

Oh my gosh, and you are so honorable not holding animosity about the Browns' leaving? You sir, are example to which all other rans should aspire. Helping me with all this and still loving the Ravens...WoW!

Young lady at the rental place misunderstood my question thought I was talking about another building "project"....not housing project...in Baltimore we say "the projects" and no need to add the word "housing"....LOL. She keeps assuring me they never had any problems and rent to RVers for Sugar Bowl and other events....everyone in my group is "fine" with it....so guess I'll roll with it LOL.

Have a great week! I feel like I know you already....all my group says HI and thanks!

GO RAVENS!!
    Deb :-)

Quote Originally Posted by debwse View Post
    Oh my gosh, and you are so honorable not holding animosity about the Browns' leaving? You sir, are example to which all other rans should aspire. Helping me with all this and still loving the Ravens...WoW!

Young lady at the rental place misunderstood my question thought I was talking about another building "project"....not housing project...in Baltimore we say "the projects" and no need to add the word "housing"....LOL. She keeps assuring me they never had any problems and rent to RVers for Sugar Bowl and other events....everyone in my group is "fine" with it....so guess I'll roll with it LOL.

Have a great week! I feel like I know you already....all my group says HI and thanks!

GO RAVENS!!
    Deb :-)
    I am from New York......screw Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Park on the street by the blue marker on Canal Steet and take the streetcar to the Dome area, French Quarter, etc.
    NOLA Raven Fan: thanks for your help again! Good job on the map. I used to know this area well: my best friend used to live very close to the blue marker. IIRC, this area is full of cemeteries containing above ground graves.

Question: while I don't doubt your knowledge of the streetcar system, I was surprised to see the streetcar line extended so far north up Canal. The last time I took that streetcar line, it went up Canal just a few blocks above !-10. How far is the parking from the streetcar stop?

I am seriously contemplating coming down to NOLA for the pre-game festivities on Saturday & Sunday, but watching the game back on a huge HDTV in Lafitte (I am still recovering from surgery which would make it unwise to attend the game at the Dome). I have already bought Southwest airline tickets into Panama City Beach, and have a bunch of tailgate buddies staying at Biloxi, and free lodging at Lafitte/Barataria. SWA tickets are transferable for no charge for a year, so there's no risk should my physician veto this latest immature scheme of mine!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    NOLA Raven Fan: thanks for your help again! Good job on the map. I used to know this area well: my best friend used to live very close to the blue marker. IIRC, this area is full of cemeteries containing above ground graves.

Question: while I don't doubt your knowledge of the streetcar system, I was surprised to see the streetcar line extended so far north up Canal. The last time I took that streetcar line, it went up Canal just a few blocks above !-10. How far is the parking from the streetcar stop?

I am seriously contemplating coming down to NOLA for the pre-game festivities on Saturday & Sunday, but watching the game back on a huge HDTV in Lafitte (I am still recovering from surgery which would make it unwise to attend the game at the Dome). I have already bought Southwest airline tickets into Panama City Beach, and have a bunch of tailgate buddies staying at Biloxi, and free lodging at Lafitte/Barataria. SWA tickets are transferable for no charge for a year, so there's no risk should my physician veto this latest immature scheme of mine!
    The street car goes all the way to the very end of Canal. You can really cruise up Canal as far as Carrolton to look for parking and then the streetcar is right there. Since there are no Mardi Gras parades, it should be a breeze. Or just go to City Park via Carrolton, park there in the lot, and walk to the City Park Streetcar. You can't miss the line, it runs right down Carrolton.....

Blog Entries

Wont be able to make the journey because of work commitments, but managed to get 2 days off so I can recover from the abuse that I will put my body through (blood pressure and booze) during the game. I'll be going to an Irish pub in Edinburgh to watch the game with some mates, my best friend who's a Charger fan has no choice but to root for the Ravens.

I had a plan to fly to Houston and drive 5 hours to NOLA to watch the game in one of the many bars, but someone in my family talked me out of it, put the ridiculous thought of going to Baltimore to watch the game. So i put it off. Then they tell me today that they are going? Of course the price went up more, so I cant afford it now. I 'm holding back so much fucking rage right now. I have to be the dumbest person in the world to listen to my family. Never again, Disowning them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ok, so who's going?

Just picked up my tickets on Ticket Exchange!!!!! Never thought I would go to a Super Bowl but we're now going!!!!
    Congrats. Have a great time at the game.