Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Has there ever been more corrupt people than Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Not really the point, but I'm sure that practically every politician at that level is fairly corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not really the point, but I'm sure that practically every politician at that level is fairly corrupt.

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    I couldn't fundamentally disagree with what you're saying more.

They may not be losing money right now, but clearly there is a huge drop in ratings and atendence that only looks like it will worsen. The TV deals signed are a looming disaster. On top of that, you alienate 20 million plus fans who basically walk away and give you the finger... yeah, good luck bouncing back from that.

You guys are completely oblivious to the business and financial aspect of all of this. If you don't think that many people will just stop watching cold turkey, you're fooling yourselves.
    Well, I've subscribed to the Sunday Ticket since around 1992. What the players are doing now plus the NFLs London and color rush bullshit is making me really consider walking away all together. I realize that I'm just one fan, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

I don't even fucking watch the anthem on TV - does anyone?

I'm wathcing the NFL to watch FOOTBALL. This just blows my mind.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't even fucking watch the anthem on TV - does anyone?

I'm wathcing the NFL to watch FOOTBALL. This just blows my mind.
    yeah I go to games and during the anthem, people are yelling randomly, on their phones, etc. I just can't with the hypocrisy anymore!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, I've subscribed to the Sunday Ticket since around 1992. What the players are doing now plus the NFLs London and color rush bullshit is making me really consider walking away all together. I realize that I'm just one fan, but I'm sure there are many more like me.

Yeah, me too I mean I've quit the Ravens for a year here or there started getting reinterested with the draft which I thought they knocked out the park.

But the reality is I've sort of came to realization why am I watching a sport where the vast majority of the players have nothing but contempt for my values

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    I couldn't fundamentally disagree with what you're saying more.

They may not be losing money right now, but clearly there is a huge drop in ratings and atendence that only looks like it will worsen. The TV deals signed are a looming disaster. On top of that, you alienate 20 million plus fans who basically walk away and give you the finger... yeah, good luck bouncing back from that.

You guys are completely oblivious to the business and financial aspect of all of this. If you don't think that many people will just stop watching cold turkey, you're fooling yourselves.
    People won't stop watching. As long as the NFL remains a thing, people won't stop watching. And owners will just move on to the next way to bring their products to market, which is going to be live streaming services such as Amazon (they're already piloting this for Thursday Night games this season).

They may take a small ding from fans being outraged over politics, but it won't be substantial at all. And the players can't stand not making money, so they'd be hosed if they really had to deal with a strike.

As has already been said about attendance drop - it's expensive to go to games and the quality of TV production these days is insane compared to 10, 25, and 30 years ago. Why pay 200-400 to go to one game when you can spend that on a 60" HDTV and watch EVERY game from the comfort of your house? You can sit there and pretend like you're the only one on this forum that understands the business of the NFL, but the biggest thing you're not considering is that the market for media and entertainment consumption has changed. People don't want to pay exorbitant fees to watch TV anymore. That's why streaming a-la-carte options are in such high demand (Amazon, Firestick, Hulu, Roku, YouTube, Netflix, Sling, Kodi, etc). Even Comcast and FiOS are exploring different models for providing internet and streaming TV to customers. In 3 years we'll be able to pick what channels we want to pay for and there will be no more live TV outside of sports.

Another similar industry is the music industry. I listened to a podcast with Joe Rogan and James Hetfield (Metallica) and they talked a lot about Napster and streaming music apps like Spotify and iTunes. James Hetfield said that back in the 80's and 90's, bands made most of their money from record and cd sales, but now because the market has changed, the only way to really make money is from touring, merchandise, and owning your own label (basically owning all of your trademarks and music rights). It never used to be that way in the music industry, but as technology got better, the market changed for musicians - substantially. They had to adjust.

The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, PGA, Tennis, etc are all going to be dealing with the same market issues. The profit will still be there, it just will be a lot different.

People won't stop watching. As long as the NFL remains a thing, people won't stop watching. And owners will just move on to the next way to bring their products to market, which is going to be live streaming services such as Amazon (they're already piloting this for Thursday Night games this season).

They may take a small ding from fans being outraged over politics, but it won't be substantial at all. And the players can't stand not making money, so they'd be hosed if they really had to deal with a strike.

As has already been said about attendance drop - it's expensive to go to games and the quality of TV production these days is insane compared to 10, 25, and 30 years ago. Why pay 200-400 to go to one game when you can spend that on a 60" HDTV and watch EVERY game from the comfort of your house? You can sit there and pretend like you're the only one on this forum that understands the business of the NFL, but the biggest thing you're not considering is that the market for media and entertainment consumption has changed. People don't want to pay exorbitant fees to watch TV anymore. That's why streaming a-la-carte options are in such high demand (Amazon, Firestick, Hulu, Roku, YouTube, Netflix, Sling, Kodi, etc). Even Comcast and FiOS are exploring different models for providing internet and streaming TV to customers. In 3 years we'll be able to pick what channels we want to pay for and there will be no more live TV outside of sports.

Another similar industry is the music industry. I listened to a podcast with Joe Rogan and James Hetfield (Metallica) and they talked a lot about Napster and streaming music apps like Spotify and iTunes. James Hetfield said that back in the 80's and 90's, bands made most of their money from record and cd sales, but now because the market has changed, the only way to really make money is from touring, merchandise, and owning your own label (basically owning all of your trademarks and music rights). It never used to be that way in the music industry, but as technology got better, the market changed for musicians - substantially. They had to adjust.

The NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, PGA, Tennis, etc are all going to be dealing with the same market issues. The profit will still be there, it just will be a lot different.

So, why would I (or anyone) want to stream a game. The quality is horrible. I could be watching a play and then the little circle comes on that says "searching for connection" or "streaming" or whatever the fuck. I'd go to NFL.com and find out what happened. Streaming games is the most ridiculus thing the NFL has ever done. I get it if you're at work and want to watch on your computer (only way you can see it), but to actually try to convince people that this is a good way of watching is insane!

Every President surrounds themselves with like-minded people.

What, Erik Holder and Loretta Lynch didn't share the same politics as Obama? Cheyney and Rumsfeld didn't feel the same way about things as the Bush dynasty?

Somehow these players feel refusing to stand for the anthem is akin to marching on selma. I'm sorry Baldwin but refusing to stand for the anthem doesn't make you more enlightened just disrespectful of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to give you the rights that you are currently using to spit on them with.

One thing I sort of noticed was that Trump never mentioned the message. With that I mean Trump never talked about police brutality so while Baldwin talks about our president being uneducated, close minded, ignorant or whatever label you want to give him he never even broached the subject of police brutality. He was entirely focused on the way people like Baldwin delivered the message.

But since he can't defend kneeling when there are less divisive ways to make his point he instead attacks Trump which once again is more evidence to me anyways that this entire "protest" is more self gratification then anything else. If they were interested in truly engaging Trump and his supporters they could have chosen a much less divisive way to get their message across but they aren't interested in discussing they are interested in shaming.

Shaming Trump for believing that our anthem is sacred. Shaming Trump supporters who stand with him as bigoted, uneducated, ignorant, and close minded. The thing is that won't work we went through 8 years of that with Obama. We know all the tricks.

Blog Entries

So, why would I (or anyone) want to stream a game. The quality is horrible. I could be watching a play and then the little circle comes on that says "searching for connection" or "streaming" or whatever the fuck. I'd go to NFL.com and find out what happened. Streaming games is the most ridiculus thing the NFL has ever done. I get it if you're at work and want to watch on your computer (only way you can see it), but to actually try to convince people that this is a good way of watching is insane!

If you're referring to streaming from one of those knock-off, bootlegged sights, then yea, the quality isn't going to be awesome.

If you planned on watching the game tomorrow on BaltimoreRavens dot com or Yahoo, then you're effectively streaming. When you have the $$$ backing this like the NFL and major cable service providers and internet service providers, the quality of the stream is going to be one of the top priorities - at least from a sender's perspective.

Now, if you live in an area where you cannot get fiber or cable (which has elements of fiber in it anyway) and are running DSL, then your stream quality probably isn't going to be very good.

Streaming TV is the way of the future man. No more flipping on TV and seeing shows like we have them now with time-based scheduling. It's all going to be on-demand style. Pick what you want to watch, when you want. So, if you don't want to watch football live, just watch it the next day, on demand. Log onto Amazon Prime and watch your team's latest game. Miss half of the season? Binge watch. Miss the draft and pre-season? Binge watch.

I'm not making that up. Those are things I've heard come directly from people's mouths at Amazon.

If you're referring to streaming from one of those knock-off, bootlegged sights, then yea, the quality isn't going to be awesome.

If you planned on watching the game tomorrow on BaltimoreRavens dot com or Yahoo, then you're effectively streaming. When you have the $$$ backing this like the NFL and major cable service providers and internet service providers, the quality of the stream is going to be one of the top priorities - at least from a sender's perspective.

Now, if you live in an area where you cannot get fiber or cable (which has elements of fiber in it anyway) and are running DSL, then your stream quality probably isn't going to be very good.

Streaming TV is the way of the future man. No more flipping on TV and seeing shows like we have them now with time-based scheduling. It's all going to be on-demand style. Pick what you want to watch, when you want. So, if you don't want to watch football live, just watch it the next day, on demand. Log onto Amazon Prime and watch your team's latest game. Miss half of the season? Binge watch. Miss the draft and pre-season? Binge watch.

I'm not making that up. Those are things I've heard come directly from people's mouths at Amazon.

I have affordable wifi that works fine for me. I'm not going to pay $100 a month or more just so I can stream stuff & to watch on my small phone or computer. If that's the way the NFL wants it, then I'lk save a lot of money with Directv.