Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden

Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Stop owning me, dude. I'm trying to save face over here!
    No one is owning you. You're making yourself look like a jackass when say stupid hyperbolic shit like "Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then"

Here's my take on this, the emails were leaked because the Davis family wanted to get out of the contract......

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    It is legendary in how stupid it is.

Guy was in his 50s throughout all of these exchanges and is talking like a sophomore in high school AND does it in email of all things. He’s a genuine boomer who still thinks the internet is the Wild West of the 90s I guess.
    I don't get how his age and being a boomer is somehow a bad thing. I am both and I regularly socialize with dozens of people every month, including a good number on this message board, and these kinds of words just aren't used.

Frankly I was kind of stunned. Of all the mostly white men I regularly hang out with in various settings this kind of thing is just not done. It's a long gone era. Or at least I thought it was.

I am now interested in what the other folks on these emails were writing in their sides of the emails.

Outside of playing 'Whatabout'. Why are people worked up about this?
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Kahreem Hunt punched and kicked a pregnant woman. Gruden used vulgar language.

I'm not saying Gurden should still be employed, I'm saying people like Kahreem Hunt and Tyreek Hill should't...
    Then go open a f**king Kahreem Hunt and Tyreek Hill thread. This thread is about Gruden.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

6. Re: Jon Gruden

No one is owning you. You're making yourself look like a jackass when say stupid hyperbolic shit like "Well, guess we shouldn't punish anyone until we punish everyone then"
    No, I'm just applying an appeal to extremes. It's a shitty debate technique, but I'm trying to extrapolate your position to its logical - albeit extreme - end. Cuz, right now, you're effectively arguing that, unless we make ALL the progress, that's it hypocritical to make ANY progress.

It's totally fine to both applaud Gruden's resignation AND want that same principle applied to current players who've been credibly accused of domestic violence, child abuse, and criminal threats. But, again, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of this thread.

See why I hate "whataboutism"?

7. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't get how his age and being a boomer is somehow a bad thing. I am both and I regularly socialize with dozens of people every month, including a good number on this message board, and these kinds of words just aren't used.

Frankly I was kind of stunned. Of all the mostly white men I regularly hang out with in various settings this kind of thing is just not done. It's a long gone era. Or at least I thought it was.

I am now interested in what the other folks on these emails were writing in their sides of the emails.
    Funny you should mention it...

Granted, it's PFT editorializing (so take it for what it's worth; give or take the weight and volume of standard birdcage liner), but this is an interesting article: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-allen-emails/

Blog Entries

I certainly don’t condone the content of the emails. A man in his position should no better and act better than that.
    Also, The hypocrisy of the NFL is laughable.

Kahreem Hunt punched and kicked a pregnant woman. Gruden used vulgar language.

I'm not saying Gurden should still be employed, I'm saying people like Kahreem Hunt and Tyreek Hill should't.

Clearly you can see that double standard and THAT is what is being pointed out.
    You can’t possibly believe Gruden lost his job over “vulgar language”. He just told the entire world what he thinks of black people and gays which about 90 percent of his team is composed of. You accidentally did the same thing when you said half the league are “criminals” so I’m not surprised that you think the problem is with what he said, not with what he believes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Funny you should mention it...

Granted, it's PFT editorializing (so take it for what it's worth; give or take the weight and volume of standard birdcage liner), but this is an interesting article: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-allen-emails/
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting indeed. Doubt this over quite yet. Below is a quote.

“The right and fair outcome continues to be simple — release all of the Allen emails. Hell, release all 650,000 emails for full scrutiny. Selectively leaking (and the NFL definitely leaked selectively) the Gruden emails and then treating the rest of the emails like radioactive waste isn’t nearly good enough. “

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

12. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    LOL