Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Re: Packers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Anyone else starting to wonder about how good Joe really is?
    I have said this for years and multiple QB's.

Quarterbacks DO NOT make receivers better. Receivers make the QB better.

Joe can make all the throws. But when you have no one to throw to, you cannot make the throws.

Boller, McNair, Smith, etc: Doesn't matter. Each had their problems. But it didn't help that they had OL's that couldn't block, and receivers that cannot get open.

Blog Entries

2nd half prediction: Packers turn down their approach in a conservative effort to control the clock and put it on the D, effectively breaking there rhythm. Ravens O shows up to the party late as usual and win or lose by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Anyone else starting to wonder about how good Joe really is?
    A little. His regression is surprising. But it's not like he has protection and weapons. Oz really let us down this past off season.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Ugh... That's how I feel..

Cam's gonna have to find someway to get this O going..

Defense has to get Rodgers down on his back.....

BTW as the earlier post mention.. Purple glasses are off.. This team is average, at best...

5. Re: Packers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I better not hear all that bullshit about us being so close to an elite team after this game.

If we lose again...6-6. There has to come a point when some of you with purple glasses realize that this is an average team at best. We have mediocre weapons at WR and TE at best which limits Joe's options, the OL is regressing seemingly every snap and Joe just doesn't know what to do.

And it would be nice to have a CB or 2 other than Webb who can cover AND get this...TACKLE! So tired of seeing Foxworth blow tackles...glad I don't have to see Washington do it too.
    Now hang on just a second. This is the first time all year I've felt like we were out of the game at the half. We've been really close to two elite teams (Minn and Indy). We are average, but that doesn't change the fact that we've played those elite teams very close. (a missed FG both times)

Harb's better be shouting at some players right now and Cam better fix his gameplan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    2nd half prediction: Packers turn down their approach in a conservative effort to control the clock and put it on the D, effectively breaking there rhythm. Ravens O shows up to the party late as usual and win or lose by 3.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I wonder what happened to our o-line...

IMO, the two big problems here are the o-line and the receivers. O-line can't block, receivers don't get open, and Flacco has to force balls into triple coverage hoping to get something

The problem here isn't Joe...hell, Joe Montana would be sucking with the kind of help we're providing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    nice choice joe...if that isn't bolleresque
    It looks Bolleresque because the offense is playing at the level it did when Boller was here. Boller had no one to throw to, and had horrible protection.

Tonight Flacco has nobody to throw to, and ok to below average protection. The only difference between tonight and the Boller era is that there aren't 7 guys vaulting over the offensive line 0.2 seconds after the snap burying the QB in an avalanche of defensive bodies. But in all other respects, it's the same.

Also -- am I the only one who thinks Mason is DONE? I know he's got Woodson on him tonite - fair enough - -but man. The guy just doesn't find ways to get open anymore, doesn't do anything special in terms of hanging on to the ball, and is just plain not a threat, and now he's not even a reliable look when we need 5 yards.

Blog Entries

All year long people have been saying that this team lacks identity, but it's identity has been clear as day, it's just not good enough to win big games because there is no clutch mentality to get the job done on a consistent basis. I believe this is something I said a few weeks ago, and I stand by it. They talk about things they can do to improve, like starting fast, like eliminating penalties, like playing tough... but they just don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Now hang on just a second. This is the first time all year I've felt like we were out of the game at the half. We've been really close to two elite teams (Minn and Indy). We are average, but that doesn't change the fact that we've played those elite teams very close. (a missed FG both times)
    Very close to beating elite teams dont mean a damn thing. There are no moral victories.

Ravens are an average team period.

12. Re: Packers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Cincy Debacle Part II we totally looked out of it at the half.