Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck

Blog Entries

Andrew Luck

Sorry if it has already been discussed. I just would like to know if many here think Luck will be this future multiple-SB winning star he has been advertized to be. I think he performed very well for a rookie, against a last-place schedule, with no real expectations at the beginning of the year. Next year and beyond, the bar will be raised; a WC playoff spot and one and done will not be considered acceptable.

One thing that caught my eye is that he seemed to be telling his receivers off at the sideline. This kind of attitude will not get you far. He looked much more like an angry Ryan Leaf out there than a calm and collected Payton Manning. Not saying I believe his career will go down in flames like Leaf's, which I don't (hard for anyone to match that) just that I am not ready to anoint him the next coming, as the media wants.

Finally, I thought back then at the time of the PM trade that he still had a couple of years in him at a high level, and I believe this has proven to be correct. I think Irsay was greedy and disloyal by dispatching Manning unceremoniously the way he did and I still do. And dumb too. If it was PM on the field this year, Indianapolis would probably be a high seed and an odds-on favorite to win the SB. I can't deny I will find it funny if this trade blows up in their faces.

Re: Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    One thing that caught my eye is that he seemed to be telling his receivers off at the sideline. This kind of attitude will not get you far. He looked much more like an angry Ryan Leaf out there than a calm and collected Payton Manning.
    Obviously...you've never seen Peyton Manning in a game where a WR or OL screws up.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Did he do that as a rookie though? Chewing up veterans on the sideline? I don't remember, so honest question here.

Opposing teams now have game film on him. If he has another good year next year, he will be a force foe that division again. Cam did well last year, but suffered some setbacks this year. If Luck continues to scramble too much, I predict injuries for him.

Blog Entries

I think Luck is a special player, even though teams will have film of him next season, Luck will elevate his game, one thing I noticed about the coaching staff with Luck is that they don't hold him back it looks like they don't hold him back they let him play, which is good that way he can learn from his mistakes and get better, he is a smart player with good mobility, Luck will be a good for years to come.

Did he do that as a rookie though? Chewing up veterans on the sideline? I don't remember, so honest question here.
    Not quite sure, but probably not, because Peyton wasn't proven yet.

However, I do agree with you in the aspect that a rookie QB shouldn't tell off his teammates, because they don't have the experience. But I'm sure the sports analysts would say "it shows leadership"...in my opinion they just look like a douche.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Do the Colts have the same GM that built Petyon's teams? If they do, they're going to be in trouble. Petyon Manning is VERY special talent, and they need to do better for any other QB.

Blog Entries

This was a rookie QB playing his first playoff game against a seasoned, veteran playoff team, in a difficult stadium to play in, in front of an emotional crowd. Not to mention he didn't have the guy who has mentored him and called plays all year long. I don't think you can take much from this game. Luck is going to be a great QB, just don't have a lot of pieces around him right now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

One thing that caught my eye is that he seemed to be telling his receivers off at the sideline. This kind of attitude will not get you far. He looked much more like an angry Ryan Leaf out there than a calm and collected Payton Manning. Not saying I believe his career will go down in flames like Leaf's, which I don't (hard for anyone to match that) just that I am not ready to anoint him the next coming, as the media wants.
    I was at the game, and from what I saw, multiple receivers dropped what should have been completions. And his O-line did him no favors either. I don't blame him for being pissed, he was getting laid out all game.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arthorn View Post
    Do the Colts have the same GM that built Petyon's teams? If they do, they're going to be in trouble. Petyon Manning is VERY special talent, and they need to do better for any other QB.
    polian was fired last year

Finally, I thought back then at the time of the PM trade that he still had a couple of years in him at a high level, and I believe this has proven to be correct. I think Irsay was greedy and disloyal by dispatching Manning unceremoniously the way he did and I still do. And dumb too. If it was PM on the field this year, Indianapolis would probably be a high seed and an odds-on favorite to win the SB. I can't deny I will find it funny if this trade blows up in their faces.
    Irsay wanted to rebuild that team and given Manning's neck surgery and age (liability factor), I may have made that same decision as an owner. Sure, we see Manning is still able to play at a high level but there was no guarantee he was going to be able to come back to form and wasn't he coming due for a bonus at the time? It was a gamble either way. Manning was a great pickup for a struggling Broncos team (before Tebow pushed them to semi-relevance last year). Irsay probably doesn't regret his decision to build for the long term.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Irsay wanted to rebuild that team and given Manning's neck surgery and age (liability factor), I may have made that same decision as an owner. Sure, we see Manning is still able to play at a high level but there was no guarantee he was going to be able to come back to form and wasn't he coming due for a bonus at the time? It was a gamble either way. Manning was a great pickup for a struggling Broncos team (before Tebow pushed them to semi-relevance last year). Irsay probably doesn't regret his decision to build for the long term.
    You watch Peyton his throws are not the same though, they don't have that zip like they used, once in while he will let a good dart out but nothing like before surgery. He will even tell you himself he is not 100%, what peyton brings still is his diagnostic skills and his prepping habits that won't never change. Denver's defense is what has been getting it done, keeping Manning in games, and killing opposing offenses, I am willing to bet if Manning was on a team that had an average to below average defense it would really show that he fell off.