Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    What was crime like before the ban and what's it like since the ban. The correlation alone is irrelevant without context, because perhaps they have the ban due to high rates of crime and not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    What was crime like before the ban and what's it like since the ban. The correlation alone is irrelevant without context, because perhaps they have the ban due to high rates of crime and not vice versa.
    Violent crime has been on a steady decline since the mid 90's. Over the same time span, the ban on so called assault weapons and high capacity magazines have expired, gun ownership is at an all time high and states which allow their citizens to carry a firearm has risen from 4 to 39.

While there's debate to be had over more guns equalling less crime, there's little doubt that the more guns equalling more crime rationale can no longer be made.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-18-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    To me, this isn't a gun control issue as much as it's a mental health issue. Increase school security and counseling budgets.
    Thats pretty much what my opinion is, just feel it should be part of gun ownership. However, if its something thats already worked out before one can purchase a gun, its the same end result.
    -JAB

15 yr old uses Dad's AR-15 to thwart a home invasion ....

Kudos to ABC News ....

Mass killings are actually down right now ......

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/...4#.UNH43azNnro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    15 yr old uses Dad's AR-15 to thwart a home invasion ....
    When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    When did this happen?
    2 years ago.

Blog Entries

I sent this to Houston yesterday, but I was tipped that there are a lot of folks posting YouTube vids and threads in forums/blogs about how the Sandy Hook shooting is a hoax in order to fuel Obama's anti-gun agenda.

It is kind of hard to believe that folks would go there.

As evidence - they're using an interview of a father of one of the children and they started rolling the camera before the actual interview started. Prior to the interview you can see the "father" laughing, smiling, and what seems to be joking around with some other folks there. Then, he asks if he should read from the card to which he is instructed to do so. Then, he looks down and breathes heavily and starts getting choked up. It is odd and it makes me wonder if maybe he isn't actually a father at all...I know I wouldn't want to talk to anyone. However, folks deal with grief differently. It is just strange. There are other things that they are using as "evidence" for a hoax...

The reason I am posting this is because I was at work when the first responder calls came in and it most certainly was not a hoax. There is an entity at the agency I work for that does a lot of comms stuff for first responders around the country.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I sent this to Houston yesterday, but I was tipped that there are a lot of folks posting YouTube vids and threads in forums/blogs about how the Sandy Hook shooting is a hoax in order to fuel Obama's anti-gun agenda.

It is kind of hard to believe that folks would go there.

As evidence - they're using an interview of a father of one of the children and they started rolling the camera before the actual interview started. Prior to the interview you can see the "father" laughing, smiling, and what seems to be joking around with some other folks there. Then, he asks if he should read from the card to which he is instructed to do so. Then, he looks down and breathes heavily and starts getting choked up. It is odd and it makes me wonder if maybe he isn't actually a father at all...I know I wouldn't want to talk to anyone. However, folks deal with grief differently. It is just strange. There are other things that they are using as "evidence" for a hoax...

The reason I am posting this is because I was at work when the first responder calls came in and it most certainly was not a hoax. There is an entity at the agency I work for that does a lot of comms stuff for first responders around the country.
    The right has been clamoring that Obama has some sort of mission to get rid of guns since before he started in office, even though hes only passed legislation for less restrictions. Even after similar events have taken place on his watch. its not really surprising that a faction of those, the most extreme i would point out, will point to this as a conspiracy, and let the media fuel the ban on weapons as Obamas doing.

I watched the video youve described and even with the poor editing and obvious agenda, i cant say its even remotely true. Like you said, people grieve entirely different, and asking for somebody to be crying, just because you think its proper, or somebody's inability to have lucid thought and need to read a cue card or speech he wrote, is just nonsense. some of these people can barely function, and if asked to speak under those conditions id assume cue cards would come in handy. people nervously laugh and what they call getting into character, i see as trying to get through the heartache without breaking down. I think its absolutely low and asinine to point to this scenario and say "its Obamas fault/plan" or "these people are faking" when theres so many grieving families involved. Im disgusted. Has it really come to the point that we feel entitled to judge how one reacts to losing their own child? who the fuck are we?
    Last edited by JAB1985; 12-20-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    -JAB

Nut jobs.

And hardly representative of "the right".

Blog Entries

Have you guys ever been to www.infowars.com ?

I saw some guy driving around in a van (weird, right?) with a bunch of infowars stickers all over his car.

I went to the website...wow. And not wow as in "holy shit I've seen the light".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nut jobs.

And hardly representative of "the right".
    Both sides have their nut jobs and neither should define them, but sadly they're all still representatives, whether you like it or not.
    -JAB