Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: When did Pollard have his head surgically removed and the rettached?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    if he gets fined for that hit it is an absolute crime against the game that this used to be.
    Totally agree. It will convince me 100% that Goodell is ruining the game, and in a few more years, will become almost unwatchable.

Blog Entries
    I dont like the call, but I dislike Pollard's negligence even more. That was a completely unnecessary hit. The receiver was on his way out of bounds and the pass had sailed over his head.

That type if negligence against the Patriots could mean the difference in a win and a loss.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Yeah the receiver was going Outabounds that's why they called it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It was a clean hit, he left his feet when the play was still in question. You can't stop physics. He had already committed to the hit, and he committed in a clean manner.

What's funny about the Pollard hit is earlier in the week on NFLN an NFL rep. was explaining why Reeds hit in the Steelers game was illegal and played a clip of the big hit Pollard also had as an example of a clean hit. That hit today looked nearly identical.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    It was a clean hit, he left his feet when the play was still in question. You can't stop physics. He had already committed to the hit, and he committed in a clean manner.
    Sorry man, I disagree. I watched the replay of that a few times and Pollard is clearly looking at the ball the entire time he is running at the receiver. As soon as the ball had sailed over the guy's hands, Pollard lowered his shoulder and decked him.

Clean hit or not, it was unnecessary and a hot headed move. He has to be smarter than that. He has a target on his back anyway because he is a notoriously aggressive player who likes to lay the lumber.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    What's funny about the Pollard hit is earlier in the week on NFLN an NFL rep. was explaining why Reeds hit in the Steelers game was illegal and played a clip of the big hit Pollard also had as an example of a clean hit. That hit today looked nearly identical.
    Except that hit was on a player in the actual field of play. Not against a guy who had no shot at a pass and was already 1 yard out of bounds.

Have to agree with Wicked here. Under normal football rules, that was a clean hit. But every player knows how closely they're scrutinizing plays like that these days, and he needs to be a lot smarter than that, and to take into account the game situation. That play could have cost us the game, and was completely unnecessary.

9. Re: When did Pollard have his head surgically removed and the rettached?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah the receiver was going Outabounds that's why they called it
    Reminded me of that hit in a preseason game where the reciever landed hard on his back out of bounds after taking a hit, got a concussion and if I'm not mistaken was one of the plays that helped usher in all these new rules regarding protecting the receiver.

Well that and (what was then) the pending lawsuits.

If you take off the purple-colored glasses, it's easy to see why that play got flagged.

Blog Entries
    That play today reminded me of Darren Stone.

If you guys dont remember him and the play Im referring to, you're lucky. Lets just say it was a really dumb and unnecessary play that led to a game changing penalty. In the end, it cost the Ravens the game.

Point is, he needs to be smarter than that and realize the refs are going to be giving him the eagle eye every week.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Sorry man, I disagree. I watched the replay of that a few times and Pollard is clearly looking at the ball the entire time he is running at the receiver. As soon as the ball had sailed over the guy's hands, Pollard lowered his shoulder and decked him.

Clean hit or not, it was unnecessary and a hot headed move. He has to be smarter than that. He has a target on his back anyway because he is a notoriously aggressive player who likes to lay the lumber.

This.

Look, we can all hate the call but this is the NFL today.

Pollard didn't have to do it and he chose to.

As soon as he hit the guy I knew the flag was coming.

He needs to know that as well.

PP