Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan

Re: Rob Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A position coach is more about individual focus and development and less about scheme. Rob Ryan always seems like a rah rah guy so I have some hope that this could work. I'm assuming Wink signed off on this and they aren't sticking him with a guy who he has an issue with. If that's the case then I have no problem with Rob working with that young group we have at ILB
    OK, I can accept that. But man, I would never even give him a sniff at ever coming near the DC position if Wink ever leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Reach out to the Goat! Bring Reed in as DB coach. Or reach out to Prime Time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking Pagano, but I like both of those names. Ray and Reed were two of the most cerebral players and I'm surprised that we don't see more of those guys in the facility just working with and talking to those guys. Only 4 teams had less INT's this year than the Ravens. Xavien Howard had as many INT's as the Ravens team. Marlon Humphrey was the 3rd most targeted player in the NFL this year and he had 1 INT. We have 3 1st round CB's. I feel like they are possibly the best secondary in the NFL, AND have the possibility to be better.

I like both hires. Hopefully Rob can further develop Queen.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chartman View Post
    I guess I'm looking at these hires a bit differently. Moreso in the case that let's say Wink leaves to be an HC next year. Either Rob or Weaver would likely be the next man up. I'd much prefer Weaver over Rob to be the heir apparent to Wink and Rob being part of the team muddies that water. I guess it's a wait and see approach to who the next DC would be if Wink left. I think Cullen or Macdonald would have been the choice if he left this year and Ryan and Weaver (who took their positions) will likely be the choice next year.
    I don't know if they would turn the whole thing over to someone here for just a year without a national search. Wink got it after putting in his time here.

Ravens DC has to be among the top five most valuable assistant positions in the NFL. Like Patriots OC with Brady. I don't think the next guy will be a one year guy without a wide search.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Reed is "Chief of Staff" at the U of Miami. I think the Ravens could bring him over. He's tight with the Ryans too.

Pass on Deion.

If not Reed, I'm on board with giving Eric Weddle a call.
    C’mon man. No love for Prime? Dude was /is the greatest DB ever. He’s HC at some small ass school now.

Reed would be my first choice because of his relationship with the Ryan’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Smackums View Post
    I was thinking Pagano, but I like both of those names. Ray and Reed were two of the most cerebral players and I'm surprised that we don't see more of those guys in the facility just working with and talking to those guys. Only 4 teams had less INT's this year than the Ravens. Xavien Howard had as many INT's as the Ravens team. Marlon Humphrey was the 3rd most targeted player in the NFL this year and he had 1 INT. We have 3 1st round CB's. I feel like they are possibly the best secondary in the NFL, AND have the possibility to be better.
    I think Pags is a DC in the NFL. Doubt he’d leave that to be a DB coach here. But he’d be top of my wish list if Wink left.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A position coach is more about individual focus and development and less about scheme. Rob Ryan always seems like a rah rah guy so I have some hope that this could work. I'm assuming Wink signed off on this and they aren't sticking him with a guy who he has an issue with. If that's the case then I have no problem with Rob working with that young group we have at ILB
    Yes! If Rex can “make Bart Scott “ a household name ...hopefully Rob can do wonders with Queen and Harrison. It would be soo nice to have a dynamic duo at ILB again.

Blog Entries

C’mon man. No love for Prime? Dude was /is the greatest DB ever. He’s HC at some small ass school now.

Reed would be my first choice because of his relationship with the Ryan’s.

Deion is coaching at Jackson State and has an all star class of coaches with him. By the way, his truck was broken into and boom box stolen, he got it back.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/19/deion...ssippi-reward/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Reed is "Chief of Staff" at the U of Miami. I think the Ravens could bring him over. He's tight with the Ryans too.

Pass on Deion.

If not Reed, I'm on board with giving Eric Weddle a call.
    Love to see Weddle here as DB coach. Harbaugh would too.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    UGH. Not on board with this AT ALL.
    Not a fan of Rob Ryan as a DC, but if his focus is limited to coaching up the linebackers I'll be open minded about it. Just don't let Rob have any input into the defensive schemes Wink is running.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Deion is coaching at Jackson State and has an all star class of coaches with him. By the way, his truck was broken into and boom box stolen, he got it back.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/19/deion...ssippi-reward/
    That’s it. Jackson St. Isn’t his son the QB there?

That’s it. Jackson St. Isn’t his son the QB there?

Still in high school, but committed to play at Jackson St next year.

Deion Sanders' son Shedeur Sanders, a four-star quarterback, commits to play for his father at Jackson State