Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526

Thread: Jon Gruden

Blog Entries

Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I should have stopped reading at NYT.

Gruden was right. The NFL pressured teams to draft Sams. ESPN acted like he was Lawrence Taylor. He couldn't even make a team.

Is the crime that he used the word "queer" instead of gay? Queer isn't a slur. Gruden probably doesn't know the difference. He's not that sophisticated or intelligent IMO.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Proof the NFL pressured the Rams? No.

You can stretch queer if you want, but calling the commish what he did? He gets a pass for that huh Tiger? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

You can stretch queer if you want, but calling the commish what he did? He gets a pass for that huh Tiger? Good to know.
    If you want to fire every person that used that word to insult another straight person you would have to fire 95% of the NFL, NBA, MLB, all Futbol organizations, the NHL, etc.

Is it a nice word? No. Would I use it? No. Is it sophomoric? Yes.

Do testosterone laden athletes use it to insult each other in locker rooms and on the field? All the time. The pearl clutching is too much.

I don't have an issue with Gruden being fired because of bad judgment and poor taste, but the cancel culture and wokism is out of control. The guy lived in that atmosphere for over 40 years. He never grew up. You don't erase the person for that.

The problem is that wokists don't recognize the difference between a word and its context and meaning. How you use a word and the situation you are using it in completely changes the meaning.

What Gruden failed to realize is that all he had to do was replace Biden's name with Trump's and he would have gotten a free pass on it all. Just ask Gov Northrum, Trudeau, Hunter Biden.....

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 10-15-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Let me be clear on this before you twist what I said. The word he used is an ugly word. Many words are. They have no place in the workplace, just like if someone called their boss or co-worker an asshole, or pussy. They would get disciplined or fired. In the locker room is different than the board room. It just is. Gruden is in a boardroom type position so I don't have an issue with him being fired over it.

What he said was not an attack on gays because that's not the context in which it was used. There is a distinction that the woke crowd just ignores in their quest to destroy everyone.

What's becoming more and more clear every day is that the left really does prefer the world that exists in the movie "Demolition Man." Too bad they hate Chic Fila cause I wouldn't be too upset if that was the only restaurant.

Blog Entries

Let me be clear on this before you twist what I said. The word he used is an ugly word. Many words are. They have no place in the workplace, just like if someone called their boss or co-worker an asshole, or pussy. They would get disciplined or fired. In the locker room is different than the board room. It just is. Gruden is in a boardroom type position so I don't have an issue with him being fired over it.

What he said was not an attack on gays because that's not the context in which it was used. There is a distinction that the woke crowd just ignores in their quest to destroy everyone.

Gruden is behind the times by a long shot. I can see your point of view though. The NFL wants John Harbaughs not Mike Ditkas, that is obvious...

Gruden is behind the times by a long shot. I can see your point of view though. The NFL wants John Harbaughs not Mike Ditkas, that is obvious...
    He is and they do. I'm sure a lot of this talk still occurs in the locker room and on the field, but he has to grow up and realize he's management and not a 25 year old player talking shit in a competitive environment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, the Butler did it, is what you're saying.
    In the conservatory, with the lead pipe.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    https://twitter.com/gregauman/status...NSJLlJxEw&s=19

Buccaneers remove him from the Ring of Honor. Probably shouldn't have said the owner can suck your dick.
    Did he really?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Cool. I imagine you'll meet lots of cool people. Best of luck and above all else, enjoy yourself!
    Hey man I had a blast! Definitely going to do it again. Despite the hilly course and the early heat, it was an awesome time.

10. Re: Jon Gruden

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Hey man I had a blast! Definitely going to do it again. Despite the hilly course and the early heat, it was an awesome time.
    Great to hear! I knew you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Congrats! How was it? Easier or harder than you anticipated?

Blog Entries

Congrats! How was it? Easier or harder than you anticipated?

It was held at Bud's Creek motocross track so it was very hilly. Other than that, it was easier than I expected. I had no issues with the obstacles. I was pleasantly surprised.