Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Favorite songs from the 1990s

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    The 90s were the best decade ever for music and the last great decade ever. Our country was a lot better then. Everything seems to have gone to crap since after the Mid 2000s.
    I feel like music was great from the 60s-90s then started to go downhill. though there are some good alternative bands I've discovered on spotify in the last few years. may just be the nostalgia factor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I feel like music was great from the 60s-90s then started to go downhill. though there are some good alternative bands I've discovered on spotify in the last few years. may just be the nostalgia factor

Early 2000s was a great time for hard rock music.

A couple great Ska bands as well, even if it wasn't mainstream anymore at that point.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I would agree with this, though I would say late 60's through the 70's was my favorite time frame for music and has gradually been going downhill ever since, but I imagine I am older than most of the posters here. It's definitely a generation thing. I didn't like the crap my parents listened to and they didn't like the crap I listened to. You normally prefer the music you grew up listening to as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I would agree with this, though I would say late 60's through the 70's was my favorite time frame for music and has gradually been going downhill ever since, but I imagine I am older than most of the posters here. It's definitely a generation thing. I didn't like the crap my parents listened to and they didn't like the crap I listened to. You normally prefer the music you grew up listening to as a kid.
    I sometimes think I was born in the wrong generation. I love music from the 60s/70s but was born in the 80s

This is newer than the 90’s but it’s appropriate.
    Chris Cornell is by far one of my fav singers ever. I literally would listen to this man sing the Burger King drive thru menu! Lmao.
    To my knowledge this video was taken not long before his untimely death.

Enjoy. Fly High Chris!
    https://youtu.be/rBjyl1LvBF4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I sometimes think I was born in the wrong generation. I love music from the 60s/70s but was born in the 80s

Do you ever listen to the Casey Kasem American top 40 replays? I once in a while catch some of them on 102.7 FM in Baltimore on Sunday nights, though usually not during football season . I hear songs I haven't heard in many many years. I see they have them on You tubes of any week and year that you want. Here is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R668Zzfz3Zc

list of 1971 top 40 songs of the year, see anything that rings a bell?
    http://oldradioshows.com/at100/1971.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That's the one that got my wife into the band.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Nice. :)

I think if you go back to any generation of music, you'll find that there was great music made. And over the course of time, the great ones stand that test of time and live on. But you'll also find some music that was very popular and commercially successful at the time that didn't hold up. So over time you kind of forget those and associate that era with the ones who lasted. You think the 60's/70's were great because you had the Beatles, Stones, Eagles but forget that the Monkees and Partridge Family were also very popular and very successful during that period. The 90's brought us Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden but also The Spice Girls and Chumba Wamba.

I'm sure looking back at the 2000's and 2010's in another 20 years we'll be remembering some great music that stood the test of time and forget all about F.U.N. (who is like nails on a chalkboard for me).

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I think if you go back to any generation of music, you'll find that there was great music made. And over the course of time, the great ones stand that test of time and live on. But you'll also find some music that was very popular and commercially successful at the time that didn't hold up. So over time you kind of forget those and associate that era with the ones who lasted. You think the 60's/70's were great because you had the Beatles, Stones, Eagles but forget that the Monkees and Partridge Family were also very popular and very successful during that period. The 90's brought us Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden but also The Spice Girls and Chumba Wamba.

I'm sure looking back at the 2000's and 2010's in another 20 years we'll be remembering some great music that stood the test of time and forget all about F.U.N. (who is like nails on a chalkboard for me).
    Hey now. I'm Believer that I think I Love You was a song I Liked, I really really liked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post

You forgot to mention Milli Vanilli.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    You forgot to mention Milli Vanilli.
    Girl you know it's true.....

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Girl you know it's true.....
    He could always “ Blame it on the Rain”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk