Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cuomo calls for white kids to be shot. Waters tells rioters to step it up

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He def did. W had his fair share as well.

We've slowly allowed the Presidency to become a law maker in addition to their other duties because Congress sucks so badly they cannot get out of their own way. Even when one party has control of both houses, they still are incapable of achieving much of anything.

And every 4 years a new administration will come in (or 8yrs, I suppose) and roll back the previous administration's EOs....causing more deadlock and stall in the machinations of our greedy gubberment...
    Yep. Start at Jimmy Carter and look at every president since. It's appalling . And because it happened incrementally, we as citizens of this country are just like the frog in boiling water.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yep. Start at Jimmy Carter and look at every president since. It's appalling . And because it happened incrementally, we as citizens of this country are just like the frog in boiling water.
    But the Biden move has really turned up the heat. Biden’s divisive numerous executive orders have set a bar. The next time a non dem gets in office, that president could possible have 10 executive orders everyday for the first 100 days

If a dem ever loses the presidency again

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    H yeah he did.

That’s all they do now. The division is so strong, Congress does nothing. There is no such thing as bipartisanship so the president is o. Dictator. Didn’t start with Trump by any stretch. At WORST he is similar to Obama and Biden in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I definitely was referencing Obama. Think the massive uptick started with him or W

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He def did. W had his fair share as well.

We've slowly allowed the Presidency to become a law maker in addition to their other duties because Congress sucks so badly they cannot get out of their own way. Even when one party has control of both houses, they still are incapable of achieving much of anything.

And every 4 years a new administration will to come in (or 8yrs, I suppose) and roll back the previous administration's EOs....causing more deadlock and stall in the machinations of our greedy gubberment...
    I think people are suffering from recency bias

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/stat...ecutive-orders

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    But the Biden move has really turned up the heat. Biden’s divisive numerous executive orders have set a bar. The next time a non dem gets in office, that president could possible have 10 executive orders everyday for the first 100 days

If a dem ever loses the presidency again
    Making the latest democrat the bogeyman doesn't add to the discussion. You're being shortsighted and willfully obtuse. My point is this has been happening for damn near 50 years. And you want to vilify somebody who's been in office for 3 months. Get your head out of your ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post

Yep. We ARE the frogs in the boiling pot.

Blog Entries

Yep. We ARE the frogs in the boiling pot.
    Well... jump out, don't just sit there talking about how the water is warm and cozy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well... jump out, don't just sit there talking about how the water is warm and cozy.
    I never said the water was warm and cozy. It's boiling and we're cooked. I don't even care enough to participate anymore, we are so far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post

You aren't kidding. Had no idea they were issuing that many in the early 20th century

10. Re: Cuomo calls for white kids to be shot. Waters tells rioters to step it up

I never said the water was warm and cozy. It's boiling and we're cooked. I don't even care enough to participate anymore, we are so far gone.
    That's exactly what they expect. Are you just a number? Just a spoke in a great big wheel? A tiny blade of grass in a great big field? C'mon Terps.....jump out. You can do it, dude. I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    You aren't kidding. Had no idea they were issuing that many in the early 20th century

Heck 217 by ulysses grant.
    It just shows we need to analyze the EO’s individual to see what they do and if they expand power the executive doesn’t really have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    That's exactly what they expect. Are you just a number? Just a spoke in a great big wheel? A tiny blade of grass in a great big field? C'mon Terps.....jump out. You can do it, dude. I have faith.

Warm and cozy basically equals thinking we're cooked.

I posted a video a while back about a guy breaking up the union, and he said he didn't think it would happen cause we have a society to comfortable with sweat pants, Netflix and door dash.

He is 100% right, people are too comfortable enjoying the fruits of previous generations labors to fight and ensure future generations have it too.