Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Stacked and Pissed

Full disclosure: I hate this guy. But almost every word of what he's saying here, is what I've been thinking all offseason.

Aug 6, 2020
    Baltimore is the two scariest things in football: stacked and pissed.
    Lamar Jackson was MVP. He's the only MVP in my life, that we have said the following offseason, I think he'll regress! Oh is he old? No, he's actually just coming into his prime. There's never been an MVP – half the league doesn't buy into Lamar Jackson. Hell, I could say more than half the league. That's never happened in my life! We didn't doubt a young Peyton or a young Favre, or a young Mahomes
    Ravens 16 and oh. Count on it.
    First 4:45 of the clip

Re: Stacked and Pissed

I don't like him either, but I respect you enough Jim that I clicked on the vid.

Blog Entries

Will never understand hating a guy who’s job is to make controversial statements

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I don't like him either, but I respect you enough Jim that I clicked on the vid.
    Aw! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Will never understand hating a guy who’s job is to make controversial statements
    I don't see any other possible reaction to him. It's either hate him or ignore him. 99% of the time I try to do the latter.

Interesting - Stacked and Pissed! Great motivating factors.

NFL Twitter users went stupid about Lamar again about this. Once again acting like he's 38 and didn't lead the lead or close to it in tons of advanced and not so advanced statistics.

Can't throw and can't win a playoff game is all they can think of in their addled brains

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    NFL Twitter users went stupid about Lamar again about this. Once again acting like he's 38 and didn't lead the lead or close to it in tons of advanced and not so advanced statistics.

Can't throw and can't win a playoff game is all they can think of in their addled brains
    I was watching the Last Dance documentary on Netflix. This is the one about the great Chicago Bulls dynasty. In the beginning Michael Jordan was labeled with the exact same moniker as someone who couldn’t win in the playoffs. There were a good number of people who thought he’d never win a title. It took him 7 years to win the 1st and then he won 5 more. How dumb must those doubters have felt?

Blog Entries

People still believe what they believe regardless of what their lying eyes show them.

That BS narrative about Lamar as a prospect still forms the basis of many people’s perception.

Despite the fact that his obvious and apparent immediate success completely destroys their initial perception they desperately seek any means to feel ‘right’ about their early take.

More simply from Ryan Clark: “fools want to be proven right”

Blog Entries

He needs to win a playoff game, period. Peyton Manning had a similar start losing in his first 3 years but I think we agree he more than made up for it.

NFLNetwork has been replaying the Ravens games from last year, I've watched several this week. Maddening to see other teams just march down the field on that D... but the offense is fun

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I was watching the Last Dance documentary on Netflix. This is the one about the great Chicago Bulls dynasty. In the beginning Michael Jordan was labeled with the exact same moniker as someone who couldn’t win in the playoffs. There were a good number of people who thought he’d never win a title. It took him 7 years to win the 1st and then he won 5 more. How dumb must those doubters have felt?
    Fantastic analogy.

I love that term.. "Stacked and Pissed"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With Andrews and Ingram getting injured, LJ basically went into that Titans game without Rodman and Pippen. The coached didn't know what to so they just put the ball in LJ's hands and were like make something happen. Unfortunately, come playoff time, the better teams are usually able to minimize the damage when they can key in on one great player. The Titans were basically the Pistons with the way the punched us in the mouth.