Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: George Floyd Trial

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's trippy. Have not watched it in a while.

True story.

Before I knew who he was, Yaya Abdul Mateen was in an episode with Sam Wilson and Pom Klementieff. Let's just say as a heterosexual man that episode was edgy and uncomfortable. Pom Klementieff btw is on my top 5 list of beautiful women and in that episode was of course just so attractive which made the episode even more unnerving.

Anyway, I am a big fan of Yaya Abdul Mateen. His turn as Doctor Manhattan in the Amazon Watchmen remake/series just cemented him as a transcendent talent IMO.

Sadly, I've not seen him in anything new in a while. I hope he doesn't end up like Randall Park, another one of my favorite actors who just doesn't get enough vehicles and as a result we are deprived of their talent and all the great things they could have done.
    Do you remember the name of that episode? I'm going to look for this weekend.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    LOL. No, just miserable white men who thinks the world is against them. Like yourself.
    You have it completely twisted. Some are just tired of the same old BS about how America is against them and law enforcement is out to kill them.
    The world isn’t against anyone. But there is a particular race that is against everything that can’t be satisfied and prefers to play the victim role because it’s easier and an advantage at this point.
    Kinda get the feeling feeing, if I’m being honest.... like yourself.

Black on black crime - White supremacy made it this way.
    Black on white crime - We are oppressed
    White on black crime - we are tired of being hunted, end racism, Black Lives Matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    You have it completely twisted. Some are just tired of the same old BS about how America is against them and law enforcement is out to kill them.
    The world isn’t against anyone. But there is a particular race that is against everything that can’t be satisfied and prefers to play the victim role because it’s easier and an advantage at this point.
    Kinda get the feeling feeing, if I’m being honest.... like yourself.

Black on black crime - White supremacy made it this way.
    Black on white crime - We are oppressed
    White on black crime - we are tired of being hunted, end racism, Black Lives Matter.

This entire statement became bullshit the moment you ascribed this behavior to one demographic.

Seems to me there are various groups (you included) going around complaining how they're the ones who are most oppressed, because of x, y and z.

Do you remember the name of that episode? I'm going to look for this weekend.
    Striking Vipers. Be warned the themes are squirmy if you are straight CIS dude, lol.

One thing I'll say for him is the roles he's chosen are out there. The ones I've seen are not like Liam Neeson or Denzel Washington characters where they are basically playing different versions of themselves.

I think Jordan Peele tapped him for the Candy Man remake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Striking Vipers. Be warned the themes are squirmy if you are straight CIS dude, lol.

One thing I'll say for him is the roles he's chosen are out there. The ones I've seen are not like Liam Neeson or Denzel Washington characters where they are basically playing different versions of themselves.

I think Jordan Peele tapped him for the Candy Man remake.
    Thanks for the heads up.

This entire statement became bullshit the moment you ascribed this behavior to one demographic.

Seems to me there are various groups (you included) going around complaining how they're the ones who are most oppressed, because of x, y and z.
    For the record, it is required by law to discriminate against straight, cis- gendered white males under the age of 40 when it comes to employment. For those keeping score at home.

Personal experiences is exactly what I go off. You don’t have to agree, like it or even want to accept it if you don’t want. However you can’t change the things I’ve seen and dealt with. I get you don’t like it but again you can’t change what’s happening on a daily basis that I have seen and see.
    Back to the thread -
    Floyd is nobody we should want to label a hero or some sort of legend. Dude was a POS and decided to fight back with law enforcement and brought a lot of what happened to him on himself.
    Sure police don’t have the right to kill someone just for breaking the law but criminals don’t get to fight back with law enforcement because they want to avoid going to jail and not deal with consequences.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    For the record, it is required by law to discriminate against straight, cis- gendered white males under the age of 40 when it comes to employment. For those keeping score at home.

Annnnnd that's why I don't take any of you seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Personal experiences is exactly what I go off. You don’t have to agree, like it or even want to accept it if you don’t want. However you can’t change the things I’ve seen and dealt with. I get you don’t like it but again you can’t change what’s happening on a daily basis that I have seen and see.
    Back to the thread -
    Floyd is nobody we should want to label a hero or some sort of legend. Dude was a POS and decided to fight back with law enforcement and brought a lot of what happened to him on himself.
    Sure police don’t have the right to kill someone just for breaking the law but criminals don’t get to fight back with law enforcement because they want to avoid going to jail and not deal with consequences.

Likewise for you. You get to define my reality either.

Likewise for you. You get to define my reality either.
    There we have it case closed. American can stay the same

George Floyd Trial

Tell me where I am wrong, because what I stated was unequivocally correct...

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that if you take “age” out of it, what you are left with has been the ruling class of Planet earth for almost the last Millennium, But please tell me where what I said was wrong.

I am not trying to say we have it the worst, clearly we don’t as white men, but I am calling a spade a spade, and our current anti-discrimination laws are actually pro-discrimination laws. In much the same way, I think it is typically the most racist among us that constantly cry about racism.

Last edited by jonboy79; 04-23-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Ma’Khia Bryant.
    Reason why i dont take BLM and the like seriously.