Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Black conservative woman in PA running to be the first black female GOP senator

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The standard of living has increased so much that your comment is laughable. Im literally posting this on a phone. Could you do that in 1970? Heck the computing power and ability on a phone that i can put in my pocket rivals what NASA had in 1970. Thats just one simpke example
    Actually it blows away what NASA had in 1970. The computers on board the lunar landers had less processing power than digital watches on the market just 10 years later.

Re: Black conservative woman in PA running to be the first black female GOP senator

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You make it sound like EVERYBODY thought this way. Slavery was illegal in the north and abolitionists were working then to end slavery.

And this libertarianism, meaning liberty for all, was part of the drive to end slavery because it is completely against the libertarian view. Libertarianism wasn't to blame for any of these ills you rant about. It was in part helping to end them.

Really? This is pure crapola. The black man who depends on the government is a slave to it.

And yes, my liberties and EVERY AMERICAN'S liberties are lessened by government involvement.

You attempt to associate lbertarianism with squashing ANYBODY'S rights is dismissed. Libertarianism looks for liberty for every person, regardless.
    That is just not true at all. Without regulation, this country would be a hell hole for black folk. I literally cannot even imagine how corporations and even individuals would operate without regulation.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It MAINLY serves one class. That class being those who have influence with government. Government interference has created the distortions.

One example is licensing occupations. This sounds like a good idea but it is quite often used as a barrier to prevent entry into the industry and protect those established in it.

And despite licensing plenty of crooks still get into home improvement and plenty of bad barbers get into hair cutting. Those things can be handled without licensing.
    But I'm sure you'll ignore whatever lead to the need for licensing though right. Everything was hunky dory before we needlessly implemented licensing right?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    That is just not true at all. Without regulation, this country would be a hell hole for black folk. I literally cannot even imagine how corporations and even individuals would operate without regulation.

You do realize that regulation favors big corporations right? You know those evil rich folk that control DC so capitalism only works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You do realize that regulation favors big corporations right? You know those evil rich folk that control DC so capitalism only works for them.
    That is no one else's fault but the people's. We've (not me) chosen to elect people that were OBVIOUSLY bankrolled by big corporations, and then act surprised when government screws us in favor of them. If you elect the right people, you get FDR again

Modern levels of regulation work for established corporations by creating higher barriers of entry for new business ventures.

Also, I take offense to the thought that regulation is the savior of black folk. Regulation destroyed the black family, depressed black wages and this should be obvious by your posts, developed a pipeline to prison through the war on drugs.

Census Bureau data shows that from 1960 and 2013, African –American children who lived in single parent homes more than doubled from 22% to 55%. The same research showed that white children from single-parent homes tripled from 7% to 22%.

Vedder and Galloway's Out of Work shows that the white to non-white workforce expanded after the civil rights era and the war on poverty.

In 1930 the white unemployment rate was 6.59% and the non-white unemployment rate was 6.07%.
    In 1990 the white unemployment rate was 4.70% and the non-white unemployment rate was 10.1%. A staggering 2.1unemployment rate ratio.

So let's try this again.

Has regulation been the savior of the black family? OR are you willing to admit that perhaps the hearts and minds of a great many have changed in spite of extensive regulation.

You have a very one sided view on things. Licensing can sometimes be self serving way for businesses to band together to keep prices and the barriers to entrance artificially high. It's not just protecting consumers although they can do that as well. Try looking through a different prism. How many black men and women could start businesses if they did not have to pay licensing fees? You just seem to be picking a conclusion and blocking out everything that doesn't support that conclusion.

That is no one else's fault but the people's. We've (not me) chosen to elect people that were OBVIOUSLY bankrolled by big corporations, and then act surprised when government screws us in favor of them. If you elect the right people, you get FDR again
    The dude who couldn't get U3 below double digits for an entire decade. ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha im rolling, this guy

You don't need a complex web of regulations that SERVE TO PROTECT CORPORATIONS!

Suing a company is much more of a threat and often times when they follow regulations they are exempted from lawsuits.

And you seem to operate under the assumption that people and corporations would all behave nefariously if not regulated and policed by the government.

But I'm sure you'll ignore whatever lead to the need for licensing though right. Everything was hunky dory before we needlessly implemented licensing right?

LOL! No, it just didn't improve things and is therefore unnecessary in most cases.

I am a libertarian and vote 3rd party quite often. You aren't going to try and claim libertarians are bankrolled by big corporations, are you?

FDR sucked and is the grand daddy of an out control federal government.

That sounds awful... FDR tried his best to ruin this country.. the New Deal was a complete abomination...

Trump was NOT bankrolled by big business, everyone else for generations has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk