Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Report: RG3 Benched; Kirk Cousins to be Named Starter for This Week

I have been going back and forth with a friend who is a Skins fan and he's blaming the media, saying it's all false reporting.

I shit you not.

Blog Entries

Fucking unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Lol...go skins lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I don't know what to think of it all but typically I'd say you should leave your QB in and let him learn how to be a pocket passer. He's going to have to learn it. But in this case, they may want to give Cousins a look with the hope that he can play really well and another team will overpay for him in a trade. Just a hunch.

Shanny won't be there next year anyway (likely)

But yes, RG3 is coming off as a spoiled brat in this

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Semi OT, but board members currently living in the Southern Maryland area:

What's the current mix from what you've observed of Ravens vs. Skins fans? I would strongly suspect the Ravens are still in the minority, but I would have to think they've slowly but surely been growing in ranks given the past two decades of pretty much straight mediocrity and dysfunctionality emanating out of FedEx Field?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...arn-boundaries

This article doesn't say anything we don't already know. But what I did enjoy was that near the end, Baltimore was off handedly referred to as one of the best run organizations in the NFL. This team has come along way from the "stolen franchise" to the "bad boys of the NFL" to a respectable franchise.

Snyder needs to understand that the best-run NFL teams – such as New England, Baltimore and the New York Giants – have stable structures and a clear chain of command with owners who care deeply about the team but don't undercut the leadership of the men they employ. They let their head coaches coach and their general managers manage and their players play.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Semi OT, but board members currently living in the Southern Maryland area:

What's the current mix from what you've observed of Ravens vs. Skins fans? I would strongly suspect the Ravens are still in the minority, but I would have to think they've slowly but surely been growing in ranks given the past two decades of pretty much straight mediocrity and dysfunctionality emanating out of FedEx Field?
    I know, down here on the Shore (capital S) we still have lots of Skins fans, about as many as Pittsburgh fans. ugh. no comprendo.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...arn-boundaries

This article doesn't say anything we don't already know. But what I did enjoy was that near the end, Baltimore was off handedly referred to as one of the best run organizations in the NFL. This team has come along way from the "stolen franchise" to the "bad boys of the NFL" to a respectable franchise.
    We are talking about a team that's never had less than 4 wins in a season, and that 4 win team was in the very first year of franchise history.

With just 5 seasons with losing records out of a total of 17 seasons thus far, nine trips to the playoffs, and two Super Bowl rings, yes we are an excellently run machine.

Blog Entries

I have a friend on social media who is a Skins fan, and we get into it a lot, but we both see that neither of us has the Kool Aid glasses about our team. He's pretty open about the levels of suck in the Redskins franchise right now, blaming mostly Snyder...

But his take on all this is that RG3 is a big douche and has been orchestrating shit behind the scenes. He left me this list when I was trying to be nice and tell him that RG3 2 years removed from his ACL might be a much better player than this year:

1. After the injury tons of BS from RG3 and his dad about the coaches not pulling him out in the Seattle.
    2. During the game he complained that he was fine and should play
    3. Last year he complained when he was out against the Browns in the Game cousins played (Jealousy of cousins and fear of cousins)
    4. HIs dad commenting during the offseason that kyles offense is "dumb" and that no "elite QB ever won running the ball, rg3 should throw it more"
    5. RG3 during the season "I'll play the way i want to play, im tired of people telling me how to play"
    6. RG3 accusing the coaches of hurting him and keeping him in the game too long even though he asked to stay last seasons seattle game
    7 RG3 never taking responsibility ever for losses and bad play. Talking out of both sides of his mouth and being manipulative
    8 RG3 doesnt like Kyle and doesnt think he's a good OC. He's alluded to that several times. Lukewarm about Kyle and mike (But doesnt realize that he should sit down and do what hes told)
    9. Calls both shannahans "KYLE" and "MIKE". WTF
    10. Other people on the team dont seem to like RG3
    If that is true, that RG3 has kind of done all this to bring about the end of Shanahan...oh man, they are IN FOR A MESS there. Snyder won't quit his huge QB investment, which could end up sending the #1 pick to the Rams two years after they made the deal. This could get REAL ugly.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

OT - RG3 Gets Shut Down For Season - WTF??

What do you all think about this? They are sitting him for the remainder of the season so he won't get hurt. They have written off 2013 and will run Cousins out there to get his ass kicked. lol.

Madden trashed Shanahan and the Redskin FO for doing this. His opinion is that you just don't do this. It affects the rest of the team morale, potential draft pick order in 2014, and just doesn't make sense. I kind of agree with him. Is RG3 better then any of the other starters? Should they not get "shut down" as well? I have heard both sides of the argument from NFL network and ESPN this morning, and for me, I am having a hard time agreeing with the Redskins on this one.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: OT - RG3 Gets Shut Down For Season - WTF??

Scally --

I think that list is accurate but leaves out the one glaring thing that's been plaguing the Skins for years now -- Snyder.

Snyder has favorites and usurps whatever coach he has since he's become owner. Players like Deion, Bruce Smith, Clinton Portis, etc, and now RG3, get special treatment and it pisses players and coaches off to no end.

Can you imagine the mess in our locker room if Bisciotti had limo's take Flacco to and from the stadium? Or if Flacco was sitting in a suite with Bisciotti at O's games all the time?

Blog Entries

Re: OT - RG3 Gets Shut Down For Season - WTF??

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    What do you all think about this? They are sitting him for the remainder of the season so he won't get hurt. They have written off 2013 and will run Cousins out there to get his ass kicked. lol.

Madden trashed Shanahan and the Redskin FO for doing this. His opinion is that you just don't do this. It affects the rest of the team morale, potential draft pick order in 2014, and just doesn't make sense. I kind of agree with him. Is RG3 better then any of the other starters? Should they not get "shut down" as well? I have heard both sides of the argument from NFL network and ESPN this morning, and for me, I am having a hard time agreeing with the Redskins on this one.
    Problem is that RG is playing horribly and taking a lot of hits. Plus if Cousins plays well they may be able to trade him and get some picks prior to the draft. In their case I understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!