Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Brown

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Marlon Brown

why isnt dickson and clark in harbs doghouse? let em in harbs, let em in....

Good show for FirstDown Brown.
    I would have preferred a few jumps to him being that he had 5-6 inches on his man.

For YAC, his vision looks better than his speed, and that's fine. We have Torrey for the flip (speed over vision). Need to watch the tape for his blocking and routes, but I hope he's feeling confident with his effort. Hell, he almost made a one-hander to boot.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They won't try it because of money. Everyone on the week 1 roster has their salary for the season guaranteed. That means paying which ever old fart TE they cut to bring up Furst would be a lot of dead money. I like the idea but it's not going to happen.
    They don't have to cut him there is plenty more deadweight on the team to cut; plus it's not like there's never been a situation where the team brought up a PS squad guy, even though every year players salaries are guaranteed past week 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Good show for FirstDown Brown.
    I would have preferred a few jumps to him being that he had 5-6 inches on his man.

For YAC, his vision looks better than his speed, and that's fine. We have Torrey for the flip (speed over vision). Need to watch the tape for his blocking and routes, but I hope he's feeling confident with his effort. Hell, he almost made a one-hander to boot.

I thought the same but maybe Joe just doesn't trust him with the "Boldin throws" quite yet. That said, he threw a killer back shoulder ball to Brown. It was a tough catch, he kind of spun back and had it cradled in one arm before it squirted away. He starts reeling in those, Joe will treat him like Boldin II real fast. I think it'll happen as the season goes on, we may not have a choice but to start launching them up to him. With JJ12 out and nobody else having any hands on the team, until Deonte and/or JJ12 gets back our receiving depth is
    1. Torrey,
    2. Marlin and
    3. Cringe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I thought the same but maybe Joe just doesn't trust him with the "Boldin throws" quite yet. That said, he threw a killer back shoulder ball to Brown. It was a tough catch, he kind of spun back and had it cradled in one arm before it squirted away. He starts reeling in those, Joe will treat him like Boldin II real fast. I think it'll happen as the season goes on, we may not have a choice but to start launching them up to him. With JJ12 out and nobody else having any hands on the team, until Deonte and/or JJ12 gets back our receiving depth is
    1. Torrey,
    2. Marlin and
    3. Cringe.
    Man I didnt realize how dire the situation was until i heard the "nobody else having any hands" besides Deonte and JJ12. Both have below average hands and theyre the guys we need back because THEY can catch? ouch.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

we are fucked if we gotta depend on clark and stokely for the year. FURST NEEDS TO BE PROMOTED ASAP!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Man I didnt realize how dire the situation was until i heard the "nobody else having any hands" besides Deonte and JJ12. Both have below average hands and theyre the guys we need back because THEY can catch? ouch.
    Yeah, I agree.... it's pretty grim. JJ12 looked like Cris Carter out there compared with Dickson and Clark.

With Deonte I'm taking the coaching staff's word for it based on camp reports. It'd be hard to have worse hands than what we saw last night.

Blog Entries

Let's be thankful Marlon can catch and seems to run the right routes. For a rookie he looked solid.

If he had looked lost out there ... can you imagine?

If Deonte can get back healthy quickly that will help out so much with WR rotation and overall catching ability. Stokely and the rest of the guys won't get so tired being out there on every play plus when you have Thompson, Smith, and Brown out there, they'll have similar team speed as they had when Jones was there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    They don't have to cut him there is plenty more deadweight on the team to cut; plus it's not like there's never been a situation where the team brought up a PS squad guy, even though every year players salaries are guaranteed past week 1.
    You really see the Ravens going with 4 tight ends and Juice? If Furst comes up it means that either Clark or Bajema is off the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You really see the Ravens going with 4 tight ends and Juice? If Furst comes up it means that either Clark or Bajema is off the team.
    Maybe so; the other more likely option is Clark/Bajema comes down with an injury, put on IR (justified or not) and up comes Furstenburg. That is, if Clark continues to struggle.

Blog Entries

I think Clark will still prove to be an asset. For all his clangers, he caught 7 balls, Dickson caught 1.

I mean, if Clark comes in off the street, rusty as hell, drops a boatload of balls but still catches 7, what does it say that Dickson has been here going on 4 years and only hauls in 1?

Dickson was massively outperformed by Clark, even though Clark had a horrible game. I mean... just think about that for a second.

Clark will not be cut. He will more than likely shake the rust, IMHO and ultimately help the team more than he hurts.