Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: WRs Opinions on WRs coming to the Ravens

Lamar is more of a pocket passer than he is a rollout extending the play passer

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lamar is more of a pocket passer than he is a rollout extending the play passer
    Exactly.

Here's a thread saying exactly that:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Exactly.

Here's a thread saying exactly that:
    Lol at your thread.... I said he's better passing in the pocket than he is rolling out. Never said he can't throw on the run at times.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol at your thread.... I said he's better passing in the pocket than he is rolling out. Never said he can't throw on the run at times.
    Sorry, I should have replied to Ex instead of you.
    He's said it many times.

That said – I gotta assume most (all?) QBs are "better" passing in the pocket than rolling out? Offhand I would bet that completion pctg or passer rating drops 5-10 pts on rolling out vs in-the-pocket. Never seen any stats on it: maybe the new fancy player tracking stuff can produce data on that.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I should have replied to Ex instead of you.
    He's said it many times.

That said – I gotta assume most (all?) QBs are "better" passing in the pocket than rolling out? Offhand I would bet that completion pctg or passer rating drops 5-10 pts on rolling out vs in-the-pocket. Never seen any stats on it: maybe the new fancy player tracking stuff can produce data on that.
    I just think Lamar is strangely more of a pocket passer even though he's obviously a mobile QB. He has struggled at times on the move when throwing the ball. I think he can certainly become good at it though.

https://1057thefan.radio.com/blogs/v...come-baltimore

SSS talked about it on tv during the season after Jackson was named starter for rest of season. I cant find any links for it though

Blog Entries

This has literally been proven false by other teams in recent years. As GOTA frequently mentions when this topic comes up, Jarvis Landry went to the Browns (coming off 0-16 mind you) last year before they even knew who the QB was going to be. Allen Robinson went to the Bears with Trubisky who had similar numbers to Lamar in his rookie year.

If you pay $$$, pretty much anyone will come. This idea that receivers won't come here is simply not true. I think there is validity to the idea that a receiver who is looking for a "prove it" deal/season won't come here, but if we're talking a long term contract, they will come if you pay.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Lamar actually throws pretty well on the run. Certainly much, much better than you make it out to be.

I'll be very comfortable with Lamar in the rollout game, assuming his global fundamentals get solid this offseason.
    most NFL qbs can throw on the run "pretty well". Lamar is by no means a scramble and toss it QB like Russell Wilson. He's very much a pocket QB who happens to be extremely fast and athletic.

Mahomes can sling it from anywhere, but I'd also argue he is very much a pocket passer as well, he gets lumped into "running QBs" erroneously as well
    Burn it down

Lamar actually throws pretty well on the run. Certainly much, much better than you make it out to be.

I'll be very comfortable with Lamar in the rollout game, assuming his global fundamentals get solid this offseason.
    No he doesnt.

You are clearly just being bias with your opinion and the thread you created cherry picking a few of the actual completions he was able to make. You could have done the same thing with Kyle Boller to try and show he was a good passer.

If you have ever watched Jackson and been honest about your assessment you would see the problem. His problem is the ball doesn't come out the same way all the time. He reverts to throwing that side arm garbage which normally skips in front of the WR on even short throws like 5 yards. His feet are rarely set which is also a problem when its a designed pass.

The times he appears to throw it accurately the ball comes over the shoulder/ head area and he at times throws a good ball. When he reverts to that side arm shit and his feet are not right the throws are all over the place.

If he ever gets his mechanics consistently down he might improve, but I have very little doubt that will happen with how much he looks to run

The Ravens just don’t value WR the way other teams do free agency wise. We didn’t get big name WRs with Flacco either and we’ve led the league in passing attempts. We are just cheap when it comes to the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    The Ravens just don’t value WR the way other teams do free agency wise. We didn’t get big name WRs with Flacco either and we’ve led the league in passing attempts. We are just cheap when it comes to the position.
    sadly yes.
    Burn it down

Lamar is likely to pass under 3000 yards. Between 2 pass catching TEs and willie snead, there really is no need for anymore WRs other than some project players in the draft.