Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    This is a list of the most over paid QBs ( minus Rodgers ). Joe Cool has more playoff wins than all those dude ...combined! Lol. The four “best “ QBs are playing next Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if you want to just count the playoff games when Flacco particularly played well, he still has more than them combined.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Even if you want to just count the playoff games when Flacco particularly played well, he still has more than them combined.
    Guys don’t wanna hear that stuff Sword. I’ll be honest. I’ll be glad when Joe’s gone so the haters have to find something else to complain about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Guys don’t wanna hear that stuff Sword. I’ll be honest. I’ll be glad when Joe’s gone so the haters have to find something else to complain about.

Matt Ryan has four playoff wins total, not excluding any he didn’t play particularly well in. Stafford, Garapolo and Carr have a combined.........0.

The first three Ravens playoff wins, Joe Flacco didn’t do much. He just didn’t blow the game. Game where he actually played well and they won:

10’ KC
    12’ Ind
    12’ Den
    12’ Ne
    12’ SF
    14’ Pitt.

Blog Entries

Apart from Rogers, none of those guys have proven anything special in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We may not have won that superbowl if we paid him beforehand.
    You really think during that superbowl run all he was thinking about was dollars? Nah, not having it, thats not flacco.

Brady gets like 14m a year. He has prioritized his legacy over finances.
    Brady isn't the main breadwinner in his family... You can bet if he wasn't married to an international Supermodel (not jealous, nuh uh) who's raking it in, he'd be paid his true value.

Aren't the Pats a major client of one of his businesses too? Pretty sure there's some kind of cap manipulation going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    You really think during that superbowl run all he was thinking about was dollars? Nah, not having it, thats not flacco.
    Money will motivate anybody especially someone that wanted a big family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Brady isn't the main breadwinner in his family... You can bet if he wasn't married to an international Supermodel (not jealous, nuh uh) who's raking it in, he'd be paid his true value.

Aren't the Pats a major client of one of his businesses too? Pretty sure there's some kind of cap manipulation going on there.
    He also has his own endorsements and has been in movies

Maybe, but anyone who needs money to make them play well in the Playoffs (of any sport), doesn't make it as a pro in the first place, so I'd question that Joe was just playing well (and by 'well' I mean the joint greatest playoff performance of all time with some guy called Montana...) just because he was pissed off that the FO hadn't accepted his contract negotiations 6 months prior.

Agree with you on Brady though- that guy does plenty alright for himself. Besides, strawberry's can be expensive so that's one overhead he doesn't need to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Maybe, but anyone who needs money to make them play well in the Playoffs (of any sport), doesn't make it as a pro in the first place, so I'd question that Joe was just playing well (and by 'well' I mean the joint greatest playoff performance of all time with some guy called Montan...) just because he was pissed off that the FO hadn't accepted his contract negotiations 6 months prior.

Agree with you on Brady though- that guy does plenty alright for himself. Besides, strawberry's can be expensive so that's one overhead he doesn't need to worry about!
    I mean.. Joe went to Delaware and didn't really turn any heads until his final year there so we see the trend.. being he has elevated his play when needed to attain reward. With Delaware it was going pro and with us it was getting that contract.

I mean.. Joe went to Delaware and didn't really turn any heads until his final year there so we see the trend.. being he has elevated his play when needed to attain reward. With Delaware it was going pro and with us it was getting that contract.
    In Delaware I think it was more just comfort in their offence. He only played 2 seasons as starter there so it's very difficult to draw any conclusions.

In the playoffs it was more that they'd finally put the right O line in with Bryant McKinnie at LT and moving Oher to RT where he was much more comfortable/less of a liability and started using Boldin properly- in the slot, where he's best. Far from showing Flacco needs money as a motivation, I think it's conclusive proof that put some good (and not great, let it not be forgotten- few players on O on that run were amongst the league's best, and those that were (Yanda) were on the line) pieces around him and see how good he can be.

We never did that again and spent the next offseason (and subsequent 4...), building the D instead of trying to get a balanced team.

Please clarify. Are you saying flacco only elevated his play to get a contract?