Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the browns doing?

You go from 0 wins to 7 and win 5 of your last 7 games and want to get a new HC, OC and DC? Should have just let Greg Williams keep the keys IMO go with what's working.. now what if kitchens does a terrible job?

Blog Entries

Re: What are the browns doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You go from 0 wins to 7 and win 5 of your last 7 games and want to get a new HC, OC and DC? Should have just let Greg Williams keep the keys IMO go with what's working.. now what if kitchens does a terrible job?
    Cool-man, can't debate your logic. Let's just hope the Browns continue what has "worked" for them these past 20 years... Bc

Blog Entries

i thought the same too I would have kept Greg Williams and that whole staff going forward.

Blog Entries

If Kitchens does a terrible job then they'll say it's the same old Browns.

Personally I think the Browns were smart. It was Kitchens offense that won them those 5 of 7 games and Williams defense that sucked. Instead of just assuming that Williams led the team to those wins they looked and analyzed. They ended the year ranked #13 on offense and #30 on defense. The Browns kept the right guy

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Kitchens does a terrible job then they'll say it's the same old Browns.

Personally I think the Browns were smart. It was Kitchens offense that won them those 5 of 7 games and Williams defense that sucked. Instead of just assuming that Williams led the team to those wins they looked and analyzed. They ended the year ranked #13 on offense and #30 on defense. The Browns kept the right guy
    Kitchens can run his offense but can he the team? Why not just have Greg Williams hire a new DC and let kitchens keep his focus on the O?

The browns are making great decisions and putting together a heck of a staff. Their stock is rising. Instead of worrying about what they are doing we need to worry about what we're doing.
    It would not surprise me if they are serious contenders for the division next year. The gap has narrowed significantly.

Blog Entries

Keeping Kitchens was the right move - at OC. But now he's head coach and he's never even been a coordinator until the last few games. So this means a new OC and DC and Kitchens doing something he's never done.

Time will tell

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Kitchens can run his offense but can he the team? Why not just have Greg Williams hire a new DC and let kitchens keep his focus on the O?
    Because other teams were interested in Kitchens. They were blocking him from OC interviews but wouldn't be able to from head coach interviews. There was a chance that they would have lost Kitchens and then had Williams hiring 2 new coordinators. Ultimately they didn't have faith in Williams being the head coach. Williams is a headcase. They didn't even offer him the DC job, though he will get that job elsewhere.

Because other teams were interested in Kitchens. They were blocking him from OC interviews but wouldn't be able to from head coach interviews. There was a chance that they would have lost Kitchens and then had Williams hiring 2 new coordinators. Ultimately they didn't have faith in Williams being the head coach. Williams is a headcase. They didn't even offer him the DC job, though he will get that job elsewhere.
    I didnt hear a thing about other teams wanting him at head coach.

Mayfield calling the shots in Cleveland? It just sounds like the same old Browns......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

It came down to who the Browns valued more, Kitchens or Williams. They weren't keeping Kitchens unless they bumped him up to HC. May as well keep what's working for Baker.

The offense is what carried them down the stretch, not the defense who honestly under performed under Greg Williams. I don't know if it was Greg, the team, or a mutual decision for him not to come back as DC but they can definitely get someone better to use the talent they have. I don't know if Wilks is that guy but we'll see.

The Browns also poached the OC from Tampa and the OL coach from the Packers. So it's not like Kitchens doesn't have a good staff around him. He's done a better job putting together an offensive coaching staff in 1 week than Harbaugh has in a decade.

Blog Entries

My guess is Kitchens was getting HC interest from around the league. It was either make him the guy or lose him.