Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Operation Boomerang is underway

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I also think that that they figured Trump was a typical Republican who would be scared to death of poor press coverage and would cower to their demands.
    Every Republican in existence would have. It's a career killer.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

It wasn't until after that meeting that it was.

Around this time...someone at CNN apparently told a top US official that CNN needed a "news hook" to report on the dossier.

Clapper admitted that he told Comey to brief Trump about it.

Once Comey briefs Trump...CNN is immediately leaked about the briefing.

CNN hires Clapper the next week.

All these points laid out here just back up that the goal was to release the info. to the public and there would be nothing to leverage trump with.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    All these points laid out here just back up that the goal was to release the info. to the public and there would be nothing to leverage trump with.
    Something else that people don't realize is that Comey only told Trump about the salacious parts of the dossier. Nothing else beyond that. Why?

Why did Comey chose only to brief Trump on the “salacious” shit? Logically, all the Russia related stuff in the dossier fits into the category of "we should tell the President"...right? To me, this means that Comey wanted the publication of the dossier to cause confusion or he wanted to use the information against Trump. Bringing up hookers and the like is obviously the best way to do that. Considering that the top lawyer in the FBI was concerned about how Comey's intentions here would be perceived...and then Comey only reveals to Trump the dirt that he might not want people to hear about...sounds like an attempted blackmail effort to me.

Whether or not they were going to release the information isn't significant. At the time of the meeting, it wasn't officially out there...so, that's what the landscape looks like as the Trump/Comey conversation is taking place. Meanwhile...Comey is only telling the President things that Trump wouldn't want to get out into the public view. That in itself leads me to believe that Comey had sinister intentions. Add in the fact about how Comey purposefully tried to help not only exonerate HRC, but help her win the election...this is pretty easy to piece together.

The leverage might even have been for Comey to put the President in a position where he would ask him to not release "the dirt." That could then be used as a political weapon against Trump. We're assuming the leverage is..."we won't release the info." That might not be it. Comey might've been trying to get Trump to ask Comey to "hide info" so Clapper could then run to CNN to leak it.

Again, I'm assuming evil intentions because...that's all that was happening and James Baker pretty much confirmed it.
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 05-17-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Something else that people don't realize is that Comey only told Trump about the salacious parts of the dossier. Nothing else beyond that. Why?

Why did Comey chose only to brief Trump on the “salacious” shit? Logically, all the Russia related stuff in the dossier fits into the category of "we should tell the President"...right? To me, this means that Comey wanted the publication of the dossier to cause confusion or he wanted to use the information against Trump. Bringing up hookers and the like is obviously the best way to do that. Considering that the top lawyer in the FBI was concerned about how Comey's intentions here would be perceived...and then Comey only reveals to Trump the dirt that he might not want people to hear about...sounds like an attempted blackmail effort to me.

Whether or not they were going to release the information isn't significant. At the time of the meeting, it wasn't officially out there...so, that's what the landscape looks like as the Trump/Comey conversation is taking place. Meanwhile...Comey is only telling the President things that Trump wouldn't want to get out into the public view. That in itself leads me to believe that Comey had sinister intentions. Add in the fact about how Comey purposefully tried to help not only exonerate HRC, but help her win the election...this is pretty easy to piece together.

The leverage might even have been for Comey to put the President in a position where he would ask him to not release "the dirt." That could then be used as a political weapon against Trump. We're assuming the leverage is..."we won't release the info." That might not be it. Comey might've been trying to get Trump to ask Comey to "hide info" so Clapper could then run to CNN to leak it.

Again, I'm assuming evil intentions because...that's all that was happening and James Baker pretty much confirmed it.
    I think you are going a little too far. Don't become like those evil orange man bad characters...

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think you are going a little too far. Don't become like those evil orange man bad characters...
    I don't think so at all...

Me deducing that Comey tried to blackmail Trump is 100% plausible given all of the information we know.

The entire episode of trying to discredit Barr was pointless.
    I’m sure the Left/MSM will say Barr can’t be trusted.
    Obviously he can't be, since he proclaimed before being appointed AG and before seeing the Mueller report, that it was lies and based on nothing and unfounded, etc etc. He had made his decision before being appointed and before it was prepared. So he was clearly a political shill; Trump hired him specifically to protect him from Mueller.

Then Barr grossly misrepresented the report on the day of its release.

Barr discredited himself, quite thoroughly. Of course he can't be trusted.

No, excuse me: that's not fair. Trump trusts Barr, to shield him from the fallout of the investigation. That trust seems to me to be thoroughly well-founded. It's only when it comes to defending the Constitution and the rule of law, that Barr can't be trusted.

The traitors just assumed they could "get him" because there were so many options on the table. They not only failed – they are helping to re-elect him.
    The traitors?!? WTF country do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Obviously he can't be, since he proclaimed before being appointed AG and before seeing the Mueller report, that it was lies and based on nothing and unfounded, etc etc. He had made his decision before being appointed and before it was prepared. So he was clearly a political shill; Trump hired him specifically to protect him from Mueller.

No, excuse me: that's not fair. Trump trusts Barr, to shield him from the fallout of the investigation. That trust seems to me to be thoroughly well-founded. It's only when it comes to defending the Constitution and the rule of law, that Barr can't be trusted.
    Yes! Someone who disagrees!

Read the report.

Barr’s conclusions are Mueller’s conclusions. If you disagree w/that sentiment ..point out where Barr is directly contradicting Mueller’s findings and make your case.

You’ll be the first person to do this if you do.

The traitors?!? WTF country do you live in?
    When you try to oust a duly elected political leader...let alone the POTUS...that’s called a coup. Anyone who participated in the coup is a traitor.

Disagree? Do tell...

Based on the new definition of obstruction...isn’t this obstruction?

James Comey:
    The AG should stop sliming his own Department. If there are bad facts, show us, or search for them professionally and then tell us what you found. An AG must act like the leader of the Department of Justice, an organization based on truth. Donald Trump has enough spokespeople.

Cue the outrage...

Blog Entries

I think you have the Trump investigation mixed up with the Hildabeast investigation. That was your predetermined outcome, not Trump's. If Mueller had found anything to charge Trump with, it was his responsibility to charge him, and believe me, he would have, but he didn't. Case closed. Now go get your TDS vaccination shot, turn off CNN and get some help.

Yes! Someone who disagrees!
    Yeah, you guys do seem to have your own little echo chamber going here?

Read the report.
    Haven't gotten thru the whole thing. It's dense and long. I've just skimmed it, closely read only a few sections here and there.

Barr’s conclusions are Mueller’s conclusions. If you disagree w/that sentiment ..point out where Barr is directly contradicting Mueller’s findings and make your case.

You’ll be the first person to do this if you do.
    You articulate quite a narrow little criterion for assessing Barr. "Directly contradict"? Barr is an attorney. His misrepresentations were carefully crafted and professional.

Special counsel Robert Mueller wrote a letter to Attorney General William Barr last month complaining that a four-page memo Barr wrote characterizing Mueller’s findings “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of the Russia investigation...
    “This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations,” Mueller wrote.