Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    As the saying goes, don't hold your breath.

Even if the Ravens win the Super Bowl--and IMHO they have as much chance of getting hot at the right time as anyone else in the dance--those fuckheads will never admit they were wrong. They'll cherry-pick a handful of plays & whine about how lucky our guys were. They'll moan about how lucky they were that this team or that team lost before they got to play them, because they surely would've kicked the shit out of them. They'll moan about how this or that media darling had an uncharacteristically terrible day against them. They'll whine that the Ravens played way over their heads to get Ray a ring in his last hurrah. Anything to avoid giving them any credit whatsoever.

Jeebus cripes, remember what happened in 2001? Baltimore came into the Super Bowl with all the screaming heads spewing hatred for Ray & Billick & Modell & sneering that the Giants (who had stomped a fairly decent Vikings team 41-0 in the NFCCG) would demolish the upstart Crows. And when the smoke cleared & the dust settled & the New Yorkers came within 1 lousy KOR from being the first team to be shut out in a Super Bowl, the response was--stunned silence. Check out the SI coverage: "Baltimore Bullies." "Birds of prey." They acted like they'd just watched their grandma get mugged.

I'm with you in wanting to see the Ravens take the Lombardi, but I'm under no illusions that it'll get them any respect or apologies from the media mouths. It would be enough for me if Ray Lewis got up on the podium, grabbed the hardware, shook it in the media's collective face & told them to shove this up their collective ass as he walked away from the game. (Not that he would, but...
    Loba, great post as usual from you. +1

Blog Entries

Whoa, 'beast, that was quick! Thanx for the kudos, but next time you might wanna give me a coupla minutes to edit the sumbidge for clarity, OK? 'Cuz I always seem to miss something before it's posted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Whoa, 'beast, that was quick! Thanx for the kudos, but next time you might wanna give me a coupla minutes to edit the sumbidge for clarity, OK? 'Cuz I always seem to miss something before it's posted...
    I read things fast man, it goes inside with my Job :).

And yeah, I always seem to do that too, some typo always seems to be sitting there waiting to be fixed lol.

Blog Entries

i was just pissed that this morning i tried listening to espn radio, figured mike and mike would atleast have some nice things to say about ray, but instead got some other group. apparently they switched to cbs, with tiki barber and two others, talking about his "obstruction of justice" as opposed to his actual career. The same lack of respect when talking about our upcoming game, somehow turned to bruce arians greatness and eventually the steelers which is when i turned it off. How you go from at very worst, ONE of the greatest LBs of all time retiring to talking about his rival in a matter of minutes just proves to me youre catering to the Steelers fan base. On a day that Ray Lewis retires I dont see how youd mention the steelers unless its in passing about "all the great games in that rivalry" and leave it at that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i was just pissed that this morning i tried listening to espn radio, figured mike and mike would atleast have some nice things to say about ray, but instead got some other group. apparently they switched to cbs, with tiki barber and two others, talking about his "obstruction of justice" as opposed to his actual career. The same lack of respect when talking about our upcoming game, somehow turned to bruce arians greatness and eventually the steelers which is when i turned it off. How you go from at very worst, ONE of the greatest LBs of all time retiring to talking about his rival in a matter of minutes just proves to me youre catering to the Steelers fan base. On a day that Ray Lewis retires I dont see how youd mention the steelers unless its in passing about "all the great games in that rivalry" and leave it at that.
    Dude why even bother listening to ESPN?

It's an outright disgrace on how the media have treated the Ravens (10-6) not just this year, but even last year when we were arguably the best overall team in the NFL. It just makes it even more disgraceful with Ray Lewis retiring, and they talk about his fucking court case all the way back in 2000, fucking morons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Dude why even bother listening to ESPN?

It's an outright disgrace on how the media have treated the Ravens (10-6) not just this year, but even last year when we were arguably the best overall team in the NFL. It just makes it even more disgraceful with Ray Lewis retiring, and they talk about his fucking court case all the way back in 2000, fucking morons.
    first this wasnt espn, it was cbs, which is part of the reason it was irritating. 2 i think youre making the same point as what i was, the media is worthless/disrespectful. what would you listen to? would you prefer i listen to "the fan" (which I cant even pick up until halfway through my drive) with their insanity? If its sports radio or no radio, ill take the idiots because its something to listen to in the morning as opposed to silence.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    first this wasnt espn, it was cbs, which is part of the reason it was irritating. 2 i think youre making the same point as what i was, the media is worthless/disrespectful. what would you listen to? would you prefer i listen to "the fan" (which I cant even pick up until halfway through my drive) with their insanity? If its sports radio or no radio, ill take the idiots because its something to listen to in the morning as opposed to silence.
    True, but where I'm from it's impossible to get the radio stations haha, so I rely on the internet most of the time. I usually download podcasts from Sirus, that seems to be the best one.

Blog Entries

Why do people need the media to validate their egos?

The media is just something that stirs up shit to make people look at it.

That's it.

No matter what team, player, whatever, there will be a group of media assigned to pick against them and criticize. That's the business model. They are not there to make you feel good.

Stop looking at the TV hoping they'll blow sunshine up your team's ass all day so you can feel good about yourself . Find another way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

That's it.

No matter what team, player, whatever, there will be a group of media assigned to pick against them and criticize. That's the business model. They are not there to make you feel good.

Stop looking at the TV hoping they'll blow sunshine up your team's ass all day so you can feel good about yourself . Find another way.
    Come here with people who actually know the team haha.

I think this board is probably as close as it gets to the FO in terms of knowing this team well and what would work or what wouldn't work. Of course that's apart from guys like Greg Cossell who are some of the best sports analysts in the world.

Blog Entries

That's it.

Agreed. Media is based off ratings. They do whatever it takes to drum up interest so people tune in. IE, look at Skip Bayless. He says the most off the wall crazy shit to get people to watch his show. Dude is a professional troll.

Blog Entries

That's it.

normally id agree, which is why i dont put much stock in anything media related, but I was talking about one of the greatest players of all time retiring and not getting respect. Usually the media does cover those players in a positive light. When Favre retired i didnt hear about his dick pics instead of his legacy.

do i need it to validate my ego? no. Would i like the same respect to be shown to all players on their way out? yes. will that happen? probably not.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

sounds like the OP only watches ESPN.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!