Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to fix the offense

80-90% of our problems on offense is lack of skill players and depth. So I think they need to tell Ozzie you can't draft anymore defensive players until you fix the offense. I don't care what a value at d line you have to pass up. The offense has suffered since the Super Bowl. Use every pick this year and maybe most next year. You just can't win with scrap heap players without a few prime players as well.

Re: How to fix the offense

We need more threads like this less nonsense arguing and more productive discussions about how to improve this team going forward

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    80-90% of our problems on offense is lack of skill players and depth. So I think they need to tell Ozzie you can't draft anymore defensive players until you fix the offense. I don't care what a value at d line you have to pass up. The offense has suffered since the Super Bowl. Use every pick this year and maybe most next year. You just can't win with scrap heap players without a few prime players as well.
    I well concur on the lack of skill players, but don't agree with the part in bold. You just can't pigeon hole a GM if there's a defensive player head-and-shoulders above the remailing offensive ones. That said, yes we should dedicate this draft towards the "O". IOW, both players being equal, or nearly, then lean to the offensive guy. Having Suggs, Judon, Za'Smith, Bowser, Tim Wms, and even Correa @ LB seems over-kill to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens20002012 View Post
    We need more threads like this less nonsense arguing and more productive discussions about how to improve this team going forward
    Please don't take this personally, but how about YOU telling us how to improve the team?
    Nonsense arguing? It's called the free exchange of ideas. We don't all have to have the same mind-set. What is yours? Thanks... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I well concur on the lack of skill players, but don't agree with the part in bold. You just can't pigeon hole a GM if there's a defensive player head-and-shoulders above the remailing offensive ones. That said, yes we should dedicate this draft towards the "O". IOW, both players being equal, or nearly, then lean to the offensive guy. Having Suggs, Judon, Za'Smith, Bowser, Tim Wms, and even Correa @ LB seems over-kill to me... Bc

Please don't take this personally, but how about YOU telling us how to improve the team?
    Nonsense arguing? It's called the free exchange of ideas. We don't all have to have the same mind-set. What is yours? Thanks... Bc
    Easy there sir

Posted this in the Defensive Coordinator thread, but it's more applicable here...

QB is set. We're stuck with Flacco for two more seasons. It is what it is. He's good enough to win with. I'd draft a young, QUALITY backup at some point in the middle rounds.

RB is set. Collins is a stud, Dixon is a stud, and Buck Allen has greatly improved in his time here (Thomas Hammock should be commended).

FB is set. I love Ricard.

The O-Line looks competent on paper. It obviously depends upon what happens with Jensen in free agency. I'd like to see them draft a 2nd legit OT. Yanda back, Lewis back...that'll help.

The TE position is a ton of guys who have one or two good qualities, but none are special, none are dangerous, none consistently do anything great. We need a top talent here. Keep Boyle as the blocking TE and dump everyone else.

The WR position is a trainwreck.
    Wallace and Maclin are both possibilities of not being back. Perriman is a bust. Moore is a serviceable complementary player (at best). Campanaro makes plays, but needs a gurney standing by at all times. This spot needs a complete overhaul. We need to do whatever it takes to try to get situated to land TWO players with significant talent relatively early, and I would scour the countryside for a hidden gem of a small school WR to get in the later rounds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Posted this in the Defensive Coordinator thread, but it's more applicable here...

QB is set. We're stuck with Flacco for two more seasons. It is what it is. He's good enough to win with. I'd draft a young, QUALITY backup at some point in the middle rounds.

RB is set. Collins is a stud, Dixon is a stud, and Buck Allen has greatly improved in his time here (Thomas Hammock should be commended).

The O-Line looks competent on paper. It obviously depends upon what happens with Jensen in free agency. I'd like to see them draft a 2nd legit OT. Yanda back, Lewis back...that'll help.

The TE position is a ton of guys who have one or two good qualities, but none are special, none are dangerous, none consistently do anything great. We need a top talent here. Keep Boyle as the blocking TE and dump everyone else.

Wallace and Maclin are both possibilities of not being back. Perriman is a bust. Moore is a serviceable complementary player (at best). Campanaro makes plays, but needs a gurney standing by at all times. This spot needs a complete overhaul. We need to do whatever it takes to try to get situated to land TWO players with significant talent relatively early, and I would scour the countryside for a hidden gem of a small school WR to get in the later rounds as well.
    Yeah TE and WR are the top priorities

I would have to agree with WR and TE is a must. Like Whatever we can with cap dollar and double down in top half of draft. Wouldn’t say every pick to O. But something like last year. Top 4 to O , grab mid D and whatever side after that high on board.

I feel like i waited a year for what i hope is coming. A full on assault of research, studies, and ever bit of evidence of development of the Nation Top and sleepers offense players coming in to NFL.

The rb class is lovely. But i would be fine with a vet like a Gore coming in with What we have. Up for drafting one if one they like.

But WR and TE , a straight clean house and get some WR’s that idk what speed or height , just a playmaker catchers who wants to be great and go out and catch for his QB. A new set of TE’s. Only keeping Boyle. maybe Watson if doesn’t retire. Go hard after Jimmy Graham. And draft say a Gesicki (please) and let these boys party in the red zone. Like the rest of the damn league do.
    Get a Center. Jensen most likely gone in FA. Or move Lewis to Center. Yes i want lewis at Center. Family ties and want to see of he can be the answer there.
    I know early as hell , but for kicks , say Neslon (Guard) drop to 16. Bear hug this man in the green room to be a raven.
    Stanley-Nelson-Lewis-Yanda -Howard or whoever. Shura, Nico, Hurst , London. Health is key for the oline. Shoot Hurst can move back to RT.
    Sry just excited lol , but we so bare and jag on Offense, we have to finally see the light to build those WR and TE from the bottom up , Right? Both i think those two areas and postions are the key to this off-season in my opinion of course.

First of all, you get yourself a franchise qb. You don't spend a fortune on spices to marinate a rotten piece of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    First of all, you get yourself a franchise qb. You don't spend a fortune on spices to marinate a rotten piece of meat.
    “Always with the Negative Waves, Moriarity...always with the negative waves man”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

I’m with ya Doc. WR and TE def needs in this draft. Not sure I’d call Collins a stud..yet. Dixon is only a stud if you count getting hurt and suspended for PEDs a “studly “ trait. That being said if a guy like Love or Guise is there ...grab that dude. Otherwise yes ....go heavy O this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Im glad you're not a GM. You don't jusy draft a bunch of guys to improve a unit of football, you draft players who you think are going to be starters in the NFL. Chances are, unless you are very lucky like the Saints were in their past draft, most of the guys you draft are not going to be in the league gor their second contract. Harsh realities of the draft and the NFL.

There are a couple guys on defense where if they somehow make it to pick 16, I won't gauge out my eyes over it. Namely Minkah Fitzpatrick and Roquan Smith. But they won't last anyway so no worries.