Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: At some point, Lamar has to say "yes" to something, or someone . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Amen.

I think he psychologically thinks he should be able to dictate the terms of his next deal. That he's "earned it", and the Ravens or someone should just meet his demands.

That's not how negotiating with Billionaires works.
    It's not how any healthy relationship works.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If he really wants to work. It's a job for him. I am not convinced he wants to put too much into it

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Am I being naive that the angry & passionate Lamar we saw selected 32nd in the first round of the 2018 draft no longer exists? Right then and there, proclaiming “It doesn’t matter, I’m a Raven now, gonna take this team to a Super Bow!” Is that no longer first and foremost in his mind?

CCx

Belee Daaat
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Am I being naive that the angry & passionate Lamar we saw selected 32nd in the first round of the 2018 draft no longer exists? Right then and there, proclaiming “It doesn’t matter, I’m a Raven now, gonna take this team to a Super Bow!” Is that no longer first and foremost in his mind?

CCx

Problem is Lamar is not getting an offer to say yes or no to.......there is something we as fans don't know. In a way Lamar has been......."black listed". It could be an accumulation of issues but there is a huge red flag that is preventing teams from even talking to Lamar. I am not buying that it's the contract alone, no there's something else. There has always been teams dumb enough to give money away.......it's more then that with Jackson.

I don't think it's "collusion", that's blaming the boogieman. No one can prove it but it's easy to make that accusation. It might be as simple as being the entire dynamic that is Lamar.....dealing with him personally, his mother. But if a team thinks that Lamar will help them win you would think that's a hurdle they could jump? So there's more to this then Lamar just saying "Yes" to someone. Someone has to do the asking...... that someone at this point needs to be someone different then the Ravens.

Lamar is that player who is reading his own newspaper clippings, he wants to be "the guy". He thinks he's the guy. He has said he wanted to be like LeBron.......Problem is.....he's not LeBron. So we have this unusual dynamic in a athlete that wants to get paid, not the first time this has happened. So what is the difference?

There are posters here that point out how Jackson is the only player who has done so much with so little.......OK........so why is it not enough for some other team to not come knocking? If Lamar is so great why hasn't he even received a sniff? He has to send someone out to go knocking on doors........essentially begging teams to come talk to him?

"Has to say yes"? Hell he hasn't had the chance to even say....hello.

I know this won't go over big with the Lamartians but none of his actions has been indicative of this kid being to smart. Maybe that's the bottom line right there........teams just don't want to enter in to a business agreement with someone who has displayed this level of intelligence. I know that's quite the indictment.......but the evidence is right there for everyone to see on display. Teams realize what a headache it might be to deal with this player. Why even do it? Why put that much money.....that much draft capitol in this guy?

How many of you think that if the Ravens could go back would they change their draft pick in 2018? The Ravens are in this to the end......they built the team around Lamar, they cultivated Lamar. Baltimore is the best place for Jackson good or bad. The Ravens have tied their ship to him. They either move forward with him.......or they have a rebuild without.

You disagree? Then you tell me why teams are not stepping up to pay this "generational talent"........this guy you think that will take you to the promised land?

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Problem is Lamar is not getting an offer to say yes or no to.......there is something we as fans don't know. In a way Lamar has been......."black listed". It could be an accumulation of issues but there is a huge red flag that is preventing teams from even talking to Lamar. I am not buying that it's the contract alone, no there's something else. There has always been teams dumb enough to give money away.......it's more then that with Jackson.

I don't think it's "collusion", that's blaming the boogieman. No one can prove it but it's easy to make that accusation. It might be as simple as being the entire dynamic that is Lamar.....dealing with him personally, his mother. But if a team thinks that Lamar will help them win you would think that's a hurdle they could jump? So there's more to this then Lamar just saying "Yes" to someone. Someone has to do the asking...... that someone at this point needs to be someone different then the Ravens.

Lamar is that player who is reading his own newspaper clippings, he wants to be "the guy". He thinks he's the guy. He has said he wanted to be like LeBron.......Problem is.....he's not LeBron. So we have this unusual dynamic in a athlete that wants to get paid, not the first time this has happened. So what is the difference?

There are posters here that point out how Jackson is the only player who has done so much with so little.......OK........so why is it not enough for some other team to not come knocking? If Lamar is so great why hasn't he even received a sniff? He has to send someone out to go knocking on doors........essentially begging teams to come talk to him?

"Has to say yes"? Hell he hasn't had the chance to even say....hello.

I know this won't go over big with the Lamartians but none of his actions has been indicative of this kid being to smart. Maybe that's the bottom line right there........teams just don't want to enter in to a business agreement with someone who has displayed this level of intelligence. I know that's quite the indictment.......but the evidence is right there for everyone to see on display. Teams realize what a headache it might be to deal with this player. Why even do it? Why put that much money.....that much draft capitol in this guy?

How many of you think that if the Ravens could go back would they change their draft pick in 2018? The Ravens are in this to the end......they built the team around Lamar, they cultivated Lamar. Baltimore is the best place for Jackson good or bad. The Ravens have tied their ship to him. They either move forward with him.......or they have a rebuild without.

You disagree? Then you tell me why teams are not stepping up to pay this "generational talent"........this guy you think that will take you to the promised land?

The only one who thinks he is a generational talent is Ravens fans. I dont' get it. His stats say hie is at maybe Joe Flacco level of QB's. Was Joe Flacco a generational talent?

In the long term, if Lamar has any intelligence at all (and I believe he does), he knows his best chance to winning a Super Bowl anytime soon is in Baltimore. Reasons:
    Not trolling here, but seriously, what has Lamar done to make you think that he *does* have the intelligence required to make these business decisions?

Literally everything he’s done says otherwise, and *that* fact alone probably gives teams pause as much as anything.

-It’s been documented that the team has had to change practice schedules because Lamar doesn’t get to bed on time, and he’s “tired” in morning practices.

-His diet is apparently horrible, which many have theorized allows him to be sick so damn often.

-His website looks like its made by a 4th grader.

-He hasn’t found a way to make anywhere close to the money any typical MVP player should be making in endorsements

-Even if he thought he and his momma were smart enough to negotiate with agents initially, they should have figured out there is way more that goes into how agents can help you negotiate with teams AND with appropriate endorsements.

-His overall lack of maturity is astounding with how he thinks that social media clap backs are really the best way for him to get his points across and are apparently the only way he can communicate.

Lamar is losing out on INCREDIBLE amounts of money by all of his dumb decisions that it’s approaching the level of “sad” in as much as you can feel “sad” for a millionaire. These bad decisions are now compounding into more bad decisions. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a whole lot of indications that he has handled anything smartly. Smart people know that the way to make a lot more money is to delegate to other people that know how to handle the things that you don’t. This applies to all businesses, and really should be obvious.

There are a TON of reasons teams may not want Lamar, and collusion is so far down the list that it’s irrelevant. He (and his momma) have valued himself too high, and we can only hope he comes back down to reality. He’s worth keeping, but not at stupid money.
    Last edited by cbaywolf; 03-23-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    Not trolling here, but seriously, what has Lamar done to make you think that he *does* have the intelligence required to make these business decisions?

Literally everything he’s done says otherwise, and *that* fact alone probably gives teams pause as much as anything.

-It’s been documented that the team has had to change practice schedules because Lamar doesn’t get to bed on time, and he’s “tired” in morning practices.

-His diet is apparently horrible, which many have theorized allows him to be sick so damn often.

-His website looks like its made by a 4th grader.

-He hasn’t found a way to make anywhere close to the money any typical MVP player should be making in endorsements

-Even if he thought he and his momma were smart enough to negotiate with agents initially, they should have figured out there is way more that goes into how agents can help you negotiate with teams AND with appropriate endorsements.

-His overall lack of maturity is astounding with how he thinks that social media clap backs are really the best way for him to get his points across and are apparently the only way he can communicate.

Lamar is losing out on INCREDIBLE amounts of money by all of his dumb decisions that it’s approaching the level of “sad” in as much as you can feel “sad” for a millionaire. These bad decisions are now compounding into more bad decisions. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a whole lot of indications that he has handled anything smartly. Smart people know that the way to make a lot more money is to delegate to other people that know how to handle the things that you don’t. This applies to all businesses, and really should be obvious.

There are a TON of reasons teams may not want Lamar, and collusion is so far down the list that it’s irrelevant. He (and his momma) have valued himself too high, and we can only hope he comes back down to reality. He’s worth keeping, but not at stupid money.
    Yes, it’s been difficult to defend my perspective that Lamar is much too intelligent to allow his career path to get ‘derailed’. As a Ravens fan, I choose to be as optimistic as I possibly can. I just have a feeling that something hidden is preventing him from successfully negotiating a contract that should have been already resolved long ago. Choosing not to hire an agent has clearly ‘backfired’. Perhaps the NFLPA has manipulated him into reluctantly ‘giving his word’. Clearly SOMETHING is wrong.

Yes, it’s been difficult to defend my perspective that Lamar is much too intelligent to allow his career path to get ‘derailed’. As a Ravens fan, I choose to be as optimistic as I possibly can. I just have a feeling that something hidden is preventing him from successfully negotiating a contract that should have been already resolved long ago.
    “But momma said…” (the “hidden” thing)

He seriously needs to back away from his family and get some real perspective from business people.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    You love me. Admit it.

Also I've called every step of the way correctly, 70% due to my unique prodessional experience, 30% due to some inside information.

Thats how success in life works, a mix of work, who you know, plus luck.
    Bro you guarunteed Lamar would be traded before the draft. You said the divorce papers were already filed. How is that calling it every step of the way correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Bro you guarunteed Lamar would be traded before the draft. You said the divorce papers were already filed. How is that calling it every step of the way correctly?
    lmao

"IVE NEVER BEEN WRONG, IM A CONFIRMED INSIDER"

He's about to insult your job and bank account now
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    lmao

"IVE NEVER BEEN WRONG, IM A CONFIRMED INSIDER"

He's about to insult your job and bank account now

LMFAO

The most ridiculous statement CBD made was like a week ago when he said he was (Making too much money and rubbing elbows with important people) and could not be caught having message board discussions with us low lifes was the reason for his decade long hiatus (Not he was and is a Patriots fan during the BRady tenure).

Pretty funny consider he is now back educating us low life message board folks with his wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The draft hasn’t happened yet and is still a month away. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk