Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Extraterrestrial Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    What are you guys' honest opinions about the supposed unidentified flying object sightings that have going on lately?

1. It's the U.S. Military pumpfaking to the rest of the world
    2. It's China or some other Military
    3. It's extraterrestial
    4. I couldnt care less
    5. Something else

I want to believe it's fake, just because if that's not the case, then we're screwed. To what degree, who knows? This is all very interesting though.

I am a believer in the Bob Lazar story and some others that I have read up on, or watched video on.
    I think its absolutely ridiculous to imagine that humans are the only intelligent species in the universe. I am usually the type of person I have to see it to believe it but like Bob Lazar's story I have seen far too much evidence to prove he is telling the truth than there is more proof that he is completely full of shit. I tend to lean towards the scientific aspect of life more than the imaginary.

I have a friend who as a hobby hunts meteorite's. He has found quite a few, and some as big that would sell for like $20,000. Why is it a space rock, just a piece of outer space material can some how magically makes its way here but somehow an intelligent lifeform cant? That just does not make sense to me.
    Like Bob Lazar said. Their propulsion system, their craft was made from material never found or able to be duplicated on earth before. So this theory of other plants not being able to sustain life because they are not like earth I just do not believe.

Their science and elements are probably completely different from anything we know and therefore would not understand it most likely which is why Bob Lazar said they could not replicate what ever it was they had.

I have personally never seen a UFO or an Alien but I would tend to lean towards one or both being real from stories I have now seen like Bob Lazar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I am a believer in the Bob Lazar story and some others that I have read up on, or watched video on.
    I think its absolutely ridiculous to imagine that humans are the only intelligent species in the universe. I am usually the type of person I have to see it to believe it but like Bob Lazar's story I have seen far too much evidence to prove he is telling the truth than there is more proof that he is completely full of shit. I tend to lean towards the scientific aspect of life more than the imaginary.

I have a friend who as a hobby hunts meteorite's. He has found quite a few, and some as big that would sell for like $20,000. Why is it a space rock, just a piece of outer space material can some how magically makes its way here but somehow an intelligent lifeform cant? That just does not make sense to me.
    Like Bob Lazar said. Their propulsion system, their craft was made from material never found or able to be duplicated on earth before. So this theory of other plants not being able to sustain life because they are not like earth I just do not believe.

Their science and elements are probably completely different from anything we know and therefore would not understand it most likely which is why Bob Lazar said they could not replicate what ever it was they had.

I have personally never seen a UFO or an Alien but I would tend to lean towards one or both being real from stories I have now seen like Bob Lazar.
    If that was the guy that was on Joe Rogan not too long ago, his story had a TON of holes in it

Blog Entries

Curious - who has read "Behold A Pale Horse" by William Cooper? He had a lot of interesting stories to tell.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Their science and elements are probably completely different from anything we know.
    Do you think there are different elements elsewhere in the universe? Are you saying they don't have H or C but something different? Or that there are more elements?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

There seems to be a common "the universe is so vast there must be intelligent life elsewhere" theme here.

I get that, but you are only looking at one side of the equation where there are 10^27 solar systems in the whole universe, and that is not counting the very many binary systems where 2 stars would only host one set of possible planets (and where climate swings would be so vast that life would be impossible).

Anyway, that is a lot of chances.

But the other side of the equation, what is required for intelligent life (a body that can host a brain)? The limitations are incredibly, well, limiting. Despite the high volume of chances the likelihood is exceedingly small. The odds are a lot lower than 1 in 10^27 chances.

Now, yes, we do learn more in science by the minute. But here's the rub, the more we learn the more limitations we find for intelligent life to exist. In other words as our knowledge grows the odds of life elsewhere shrink.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    There seems to be a common "the universe is so vast there must be intelligent life elsewhere" theme here.

I get that, but you are only looking at one side of the equation where there are 10^27 solar systems in the whole universe, and that is not counting the very many binary systems where 2 stars would only host one set of possible planets (and where climate swings would be so vast that life would be impossible).

Anyway, that is a lot of chances.

But the other side of the equation, what is required for intelligent life (a body that can host a brain)? The limitations are incredibly, well, limiting. Despite the high volume of chances the likelihood is exceedingly small. The odds are a lot lower than 1 in 10^27 chances.

Now, yes, we do learn more in science by the minute. But here's the rub, the more we learn the more limitations we find for intelligent life to exist. In other words as our knowledge grows the odds of life elsewhere shrink.
    Not sure I agree with that. Before the Americas were discovered, they thought the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around Earth. To say otherwise was blasphemous. Truth is, given time there was far more to the world than was thought. Thus, I base my opinion that there is more to life in the universe than we can comprehend.

I do not even think we have scratched the surface of what other intelligent life is out there. Whales are intelligent, there could be whole planets filled with strange creatures we could not fathom as intelligent. Whales were also once thought of as mindless beasts killed for oil.

Additionally, it is being discovered like with Europa or Enceladus (moons of Jupiter and Saturn) that they harbor water under their icy crust which is kept warm not by our sun, but tidal friction.

No, I have no numbers to defeat your logic, just the fallibility that us humans think they know it all when we really don’t know much. The real truth. Keep an open mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am not exactly sure of your take here but I am not denying another life-sustaining planet exists. I am saying that even one happening without intelligent design or guidance behind it given physics as we understand it is beyond all odds. That one exists is a massive miracle. But if this miracle could happen once, given the Cause I believe to be behind it, a second or third isn't out of the question.

That said, the chance that life is advanced beyond us to travel here from millions of light years away is also highly unlikely.
    There are many things that can't be ignored tho when it comes to only Judaism, Christianity and Islam when you look at old Greek and Egyptian mythology and the temples that have been built and the drawings that have been done. You can look at extremely ancient cave drawings that depict aliens all over the world. Native American Indians talking about "star people".

https://exonews.org/aliens-and-space...pache-indians/

We can also say black holes may be portals. How can anybody know what happens inside? All we know is they have a strong gravitational pull but again can it take it transport you to a different galaxy? We just don't know but I believe it's safe to say you can't travel at the speed of light.

Bottomline is a lot of things can't just be put to bed.
    Last edited by Willbacker; 05-27-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. Before the Americas were discovered, they thought the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around Earth. To say otherwise was blasphemous. Truth is, given time there was far more to the world than was thought. Thus, I base my opinion that there is more to life in the universe than we can comprehend.

I do not even think we have scratched the surface of what other intelligent life is out there. Whales are intelligent, there could be whole planets filled with strange creatures we could not fathom as intelligent. Whales were also once thought of as mindless beasts killed for oil.

Additionally, it is being discovered like with Europa or Enceladus (moons of Jupiter and Saturn) that they harbor water under their icy crust which is kept warm not by our sun, but tidal friction.

No, I have no numbers to defeat your logic, just the fallibility that us humans think they know it all when we really don’t know much. The real truth. Keep an open mind
    Your last sentence says it all. You could include dolphins too for intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

No, I have no numbers to defeat your logic, just the fallibility that us humans think they know it all when we really don’t know much. The real truth. Keep an open mind!
    Exactly my thoughts captain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Seems to be a common thought of - Because we can't eliminate the possibly of everything, we should believe in the possibility of anything and that is somehow proof that it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seems to be a common thought of - Because we can't eliminate the possibly of everything, we should believe in the possibility of anything and that is somehow proof that it's true!
    The absence of proof is not the proof of absence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The absence of proof is not the proof of absence.

Nope, but it's not also proof something could be true.

I'm open to the possibility of other life in this universe, but I really haven't seen any evidence presented other than "it's so big there has to be something other than us". Personally, that's just not enough for ME to beleive in something.