Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: So, it was the flag

Oddly enough, I don’t really support boycotting something. I am with others here about Nike. I haven’t bought a pair in 25 years at least. They make really crappy shoes. The ONLY thing I have ever boycotted was some movies because of the actors, but honestly, I’m not sure I boycotted or didn’t see them because usually the loudest, most political actors are bad ones. Not ALWAYS... but most. Tim Robbins? Ungh.... Shawshank was good in spite of him and I’ll DIE on that hill.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Tim Robbins? Ungh.... Shawshank was good in spite of him and I’ll DIE on that hill.
    you stay on that hill!

Hanks and Costner both declined the role of Andy.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I love how everyone just ignores the fact that according to us flag code the flag is not supposed to be used as apparel...
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I love how everyone just ignores the fact that according to us flag code the flag is not supposed to be used as apparel...
    Code says the flag cannot be used as clothing or bedding. It doesn’t say you cannot have it’s likeness or logo on clothing. You can’t sew a bunch of actual flags together but you can have it as a patch. So everyone isn’t “ignoring” it. It’s just not relevant to this argument. Here’s the specific flag code: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...-code.html/amp

Code says the flag cannot be used as clothing or bedding. It doesn’t say you cannot have it’s likeness or logo on clothing. You can’t sew a bunch of actual flags together but you can have it as a patch. So everyone isn’t “ignoring” it. It’s just not relevant to this argument. Here’s the specific flag code: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...-code.html/amp
    Good point.

Also, it's not illegal, just a suggestion to not

Soon as Nike signed CK my family stopped buying from them.

If you want to protest, protest. But don't do it during a time that brings us together and don't spit on the amazing police and soldiers who keep us safe everyday. That's just asking for an argument.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Nike has already damaged their bottom line by pulling a shoe that has already manufactured
    did you sell all your mutual funds and etfs that hold NKE LOL
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE/

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Funny to me are the people saying they're boycotting... but I thought they already boycotted the first time?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    or the idiots burning their nike gear after buying it hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    did you sell all your mutual funds and etfs that hold NKE LOL
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE/
    It’s a stock that’s moved $9 (10%) over the last year. It hasn’t split in over a decade and has remained relatively flat over that time period, so it’s not some huge short yield. It’s doubled over 5 years making it about par for the course. I wouldn’t rush to sell it but I also wouldn’t care if my advisor did.

It’s a stock that’s moved $9 (10%) over the last year. It hasn’t split in over a decade and has remained relatively flat over that time period, so it’s not some huge short yield. It’s doubled over 5 years making it about par for the course. I wouldn’t rush to sell it but I also wouldn’t care if my advisor did.
    if youre boycotting nike selling the Mf/ETF makes sense no?

I have almost exclusively worn Nikes for the last 40 or so years. Especially for basketball, they are the only shoes that fit me comfortably. I've tried Asics and New Balance running shoes, and they were OK.

One dumb over-reaction to one dumb fuck isn't going to make me boycott. Endorsements don't mean anything to me either.

However, I will ask - why is one guy's stance the basis for an entire product line recall? And why is EVERY FUCKING THING an offensive symbol?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I have almost exclusively worn Nikes for the last 40 or so years. Especially for basketball, they are the only shoes that fit me comfortably. I've tried Asics and New Balance running shoes, and they were OK.

One dumb over-reaction to one dumb fuck isn't going to make me boycott. Endorsements don't mean anything to me either.

However, I will ask - why is one guy's stance the basis for an entire product line recall? And why is EVERY FUCKING THING an offensive symbol?
    It's the world we live in these days, sadly.