Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Madden 15

Blog Entries

OT - Madden 15

Anyone here pick it up?

I have it, but haven't really played it all that much. I've looked at a lot of the rosters and I think everyone is rated a lot more fairly than what they've been in the past. Flacco is an 86 overall, but he has 97 arm strength and 87 awareness IIRC. Not bad.

I wasn't going to pick it up this year because I agree with a lot of folks who say that all you're doing is just paying for a new roster update. There is definitely truth to that. However, I'm pleasantly surprised with the game play on the field. For years I've felt strongly that the NCAA game was much better than Madden because Madden always seemed too "cartoonish" (for lack of a better description). I'm please to say that the on-field play is much better and more closely resembles that of what NCAA used to do.

Since NCAA is no more, I wonder if their developers were picked up by Madden? It would make sense to have that collaboration IMO from a developer's perspective.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: OT - Madden 15

I skipped the last 2 Years after having bought madden for the 7 Years prior. I think I'm gonna grab this one after work today

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    I skipped the last 2 Years after having bought madden for the 7 Years prior. I think I'm gonna grab this one after work today
    I grabbed it but have not opened it yet. Probably this weekend during the holiday break when I have some downtime.

I told myself I was not going to pick it up this year, but I get so dang excited during football season that I can't control myself.

With last years Madden, i was furious that you couldn't do a "season" mode where you would pick your team, an go from Pre-season to Regular season then to Post season. Is this an option with this madden?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    With last years Madden, i was furious that you couldn't do a "season" mode where you would pick your team, an go from Pre-season to Regular season then to Post season. Is this an option with this madden?
    Why not just do a career? To me, at least, that has always been the best part of Madden.

I'm a sucker, I buy it every year, and every year it lets me down as the same legacy issues remain year after year. One day, maybe we will have a madden game where the LB'ers can't make up 10 yards on a WR while the ball is in the air... maybe... but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Why not just do a career? To me, at least, that has always been the best part of Madden.

I'm a sucker, I buy it every year, and every year it lets me down as the same legacy issues remain year after year. One day, maybe we will have a madden game where the LB'ers can't make up 10 yards on a WR while the ball is in the air... maybe... but I doubt it.
    Yeah I tried the Carreer with Madden 25, I would only have control of the QB, Coach, or GM i believe. still wasn't like the previous Madden games.

Yeah I tried the Carreer with Madden 25, I would only have control of the QB, Coach, or GM i believe. still wasn't like the previous Madden games.
    I always picked GM... You get to do everything that way... Draft, FA, cuts, and then in season you control the QB and whomever you want on defense.

Blog Entries

Well, they changed the naming convention of everything with Madden 25. So, a "Season mode" where you essentially had all of the functions is no more. They have connected career/franchise mode now where you can do it online with friends or offline by yourself. If you choose player, then you play as that player and that player alone. If you choose Coach mode then you basically get all of the same features that you got in the previous "Season" modes. Owner's mode is you're just doing a lot of the stadium stuff, hiring/firing coaches, and so forth. Not as fun IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I always picked GM... You get to do everything that way... Draft, FA, cuts, and then in season you control the QB and whomever you want on defense.
    Coach mode is the mode you're referring to. You essentially get to play the games like a regular play and you get all of the other stuff like scouting, free agency, the draft, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Coach mode is the mode you're referring to. You essentially get to play the games like a regular play and you get all of the other stuff like scouting, free agency, the draft, and so forth.
    ok Thanks! Yeah my mistake i said GM mode up there but it was Coaches mode. I didn't know it did that. Heading to wally world now to pick mine up. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    nah, coaches can get fired... Owners can't... that's right, it was owner mode. You get to play, it's not just the concessions prices and stuff. Owners mode lets you do everything... at least it did on 25... haven't picked up 15 yet, probably will this weekend.

I hate the whole coaches mode.

My brother did a Rams franchise on the last Madden and after simming a portion of the offseason found out the team moved to London. Started as the St. Louis Rams and ended as the London Black Knights...

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

For some laughs :D
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold