Page 578 of 742 FirstFirst ... 576577578579580 ... LastLast
Results 6,925 to 6,936 of 8900

Re: OT - coronavirus

Anyone that's accusing Quoth of fear mongering or trying to exaggerate the situation doesn't know jack shit about him.

I've gotten to know him and I Know the work he does. He has no reason to lie, nor has he ever been on here trying to push an agenda.

Not everyone is trying to politicize an issue. He's speaking from experience. Maybe, for once, sit down, shut up and listen to what someone experiencing the situation is saying.

"it's nothing I've ever seen before" is not the apocalypse. Moron.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Anyone that's accusing Quoth of fear mongering or trying to exaggerate the situation doesn't know jack shit about him.

I've gotten to know him and I Know the work he does. He has no reason to lie, nor has he ever been on here trying to push an agenda.

Not everyone is trying to politicize an issue. He's speaking from experience. Maybe, for once, sit down, shut up and listen to what someone experiencing the situation is saying.

While I don’t agree with the posters approach, what I think people are missing is his stance and Quoth’s position can both be true. Quoth is given his experience from one of the top infected places in the country, the other poster gave stats from overall. That said I don’t think Quoth was fear mongering just given his personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    It's almost like you can save lives and still support people's livelihood without sacrificing people's lives.
    A worthy goal for all of us.

And one easier to accomplish if we resist the urge to politicize this thing.

And this isn't a single sided criticism.

I'm every bit as aggravated at people who call this thing a hoax and ridicule wearing a mask, as I am at people who attempt to use it as a bludgeon for the current political administration.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Hopefully you don't mean me.

My post wasn't directed at QDR, and intended no criticism of him or his situation.

He happens to be in the thick of it.... and that is nothing to scoff at.

But that does not change the point I was making either.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Hopefully you don't mean me.

My post wasn't directed at QDR, and intended no criticism of him or his situation.

He happens to be in the thick of it.... and that is nothing to scoff at.

But that does not change the point I was making either.
    No it wasn't you. Sorry I should have quoted him, but I muted him. Could have hit quote post.

I'm replying directly to the person that quoted Quoth and said he's fear mongering. I cannot stand that shit, especially when it's a poster that's been here for years and you know isn't that kind of person. I think we all know Quoth enough to know he's not doing that shit.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    While I don’t agree with the posters approach, what I think people are missing is his stance and Quoth’s position can both be true. Quoth is given his experience from one of the top infected places in the country, the other poster gave stats from overall. That said I don’t think Quoth was fear mongering just given his personal experience.
    Yeah I get that for sure. I've really only followed my own province. While our cases are extremely down (164 cases per day, 7 day average), the deaths are down in the last 3 days to 4, 4 and 2 respectively.

The case growth is being drived by 20's and 30's which explains the low death count.

The province has reopened and some regional health units are mandating masks indoors, it seems to have found a good balance between opening up and maintaing safety. We haven't seen a spike in cases and a lot of folks are now back to work, so things are humming along.

That said, the mere population density in this province/country make it a much more managable response.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DanManMdFan View Post
    Do you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap, and then go outside?

That poster makes it sound like Texas is becoming the Walking Dead, but don’t worry, he has time to post here about what’s going on in one Texas hospital.

Look at the death rates. They are going down.

The negativity in this thread is way more concerning. COVID shouldn’t be your worry, but mental health is clearly going down the tubes fast. Try to have a positive outlook for once.
    For the record ...no I don’t wrap in bubble wrap when I go out. I’ve also been out at work this entire time as I’m “essential personnel “ at my job. But as an added bonus ...my wife is a ICU nurse and deals with COVID first hand everyday just like QDR.

You believe what you want. And I sincerely hope that neither you nor anyone you love gets COVID. But if you think it’s some political tool ....I feel sorry for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Re: OT - coronavirus

[QUOTE=Laxdad24;1913205]No. Too many “woke “ people who probably don’t believe the Moon is really there! This country used to be the “tip of the spear” when it came to invention, medicine, and manufacturing. Now we’re lazy , under-educated , sheep who follow whatever we’re told. Free thinkers are frowned at.

Sadly BC ....your generation made America what it was ...and mine dropped the ball and sold it to the highest bidder.

Here, Here

Blog Entries

First of all, QuothTheRaven was specifically talking about his experiences. It’s not his fault that someone read what he wrote and couldn’t comprehend that clearly.

Second of all, I’m absolutely surprised that, after everything we’ve been through, the term “Fear Mongering” is even still used.

“It won’t make it here”
    “What happened to Italy won’t happen here, because Italy’s population is older, more sociable and they all smoke”
    “Anyone writing or expressing the idea of 100,000 deaths is fear mongering”

Just give it a fucking rest please. If you have to go that far out of your way to keep from just acknowledging that you had it wrong at first, then you aren’t helping anybody.

For example, at first, I had the feeling that ‘if I’m infected so be it. I’m pretty healthy’. However, once I researched Covid-19 more and gained more understanding, I realized that it wasn’t just about me. It was about friends and family, neighbors, everyone. I admitted that I was wrong and kept it moving.

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I don’t normally say things like this, because even if I disagree with the average poster I have respect for their basic decency, but fuck you. Seriously.

It’s not the apocalypse, because what the fuck is, but it’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen in 11 years of practice and 9 years of training.

CNN sent a reporter inside the hospital I work at. I know you probably think they’re fake news, but I don’t really fucking care. The link is below.

Our ICU was full up days ago. We’ve converted other units to ICUs and they’re full. I’m in Bexar county. We are number 3 for COVID growth in the entire country.

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone else, stay safe this holiday weekend, keep distancing. And please wear your masks.

https://youtu.be/jQlTC4sUznM

I'm a transparent guy. I reported your post because of what you said to DanManMDFan. There is no reason to say "Fuck you" to someone here.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    QDR, people like you are my heroes too

Keep up the great work. We need you and those many like you, your expertise and dedication... Bc
    Thanks Bc, your friendship has always been cherished. And thanks to GWNR too, my brother, for the support, and to everyone else for the warm wishes.

This disease is affecting people regionally, so discordant experiences are the norm. Some areas are getting hit hard, others aren’t (yet).

My hospital saw a mini-surge initially while I watched what was happening in NY on TV and didn’t understand fully because I wasn’t experiencing it.

Now I understand.

I’m gonna be offline the rest of the day. Catch you guys later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    For example, at first, I had the feeling that ‘if I’m infected so be it. I’m pretty healthy’. However, once I researched Covid-19 more and gained more understanding, I realized that it wasn’t just about me. It was about friends and family, neighbors, everyone. I admitted that I was wrong and kept it moving.
    Hopefully, we start doing that with the regular flu virus. Yes, shut down the economy every winter!