Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Young

Tavon Young

Great player, never healthy. What's his future here?
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: Tavon Young

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Great player, never healthy. What's his future here?
    Lardarius 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lardarius 2.0
    With Peters and Jimmy needing to be resigned, we have a decision to make. We can let Jimmy walk who is injury prone himself (but not as bad as tavon) and trust in the secondary with Peters, hump and young or spend that money. You know other teams are gonna want to go shopping for Ravens if we go far

He just got a 4 year extension in Feb. So, I'd say his future is fairly secure for at least two years.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    He just got a 4 year extension in Feb. So, I'd say his future is fairly secure for at least two years.
    $9.5M in dead cap next year. Tavon isn't going anywhere and there is a good chance Jimmy Smith isn't coming back.

Tavon has had bad luck, that's all.

Starting corners next year will be Humphrey, Young, Peters and either Carr or Jimmy or a rookie. Wouldn't be surprised if EDC let those older guys go in FA for comp picks to teams willing to over pay while signing peters and Humphrey to extension's. That outset much solidifies our core for years. Time when he can use picks to find their successors.

This team isn't afraid to have an expensive secondary.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    We need to keep Humphrey and Peters together as much as possible. Those guys form a formidable tandem at CB.
    Seems to me peter will probably want to go back to the west coast. Just doesn’t seem like he feels at home here.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Three years I believe. For that reason though he will definitely be here, no doubt.. but the question becomes does Jimmy? In preparation for another tavon injury possibly? We're gonna have an expensive secondary where I think our receiving core needs to match that in investment next season. We need a really good possession guy for LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Three years I believe. For that reason though he will definitely be here, no doubt.. but the question becomes does Jimmy? In preparation for another tavon injury possibly? We're gonna have an expensive secondary where I think our receiving core needs to match that in investment next season. We need a really good possession guy for LJ
    We have Sneed as the possession receiver.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really don't think we need to add much at WR.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Seems to me peter will probably want to go back to the west coast. Just doesn’t seem like he feels at home here.
    Huh? This is based on 2 games?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Huh? This is based on 2 games?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah just my opinion when I watch interviews etc. it’s not like he told me anything. Obviously, as time goes on things might change but at this point that’s just the vibe I get.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Money would make me feel at home anywhere
    Yeah, that’s a fact.