Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But do we need to politicize and monetize on a massively global scale to what can be most accurately termed an “Extremely Educated Guess”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes! You right wing science denying nut job!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The Oceans argument is a huge one you brush off as always. The ocean simply proves my point, that the system is simply far more complex than man has any right understanding to the level they claim at this moment.
    All of the first decade plus of projections and models were proven flat out wrong.., Because they “forgot” about what the oceans would absorb. What’s they next variable they forgot and left as a constant? What’s the next relationship they didn’t understand and have backwards?
    The hubris of man. Might we be affecting the climate? Maybe. Should we be attempting to be reducing pollutants, of course. But do we need to politicize and monetize on a massively global scale to what can be most accurately termed an “Extremely Educated Guess”.

You left of the more simpler hubris, like we know the ocean temperature. Sure we can measure the temperature at specific spots, but we cannot measure the whole temperature of the ocean at all areas and depths.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    You left of the more simpler hubris, like we know the ocean temperature. Sure we can measure the temperature at specific spots, but we cannot measure the whole temperature of the ocean at all areas and depths.
    And we add “correction factors” to every single data point.

4. Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Interesting video from an actual Swedish woman on how life currently is in her home country.

https://youtu.be/oZCCXZz5Esw

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Interesting video from an actual Swedish woman on how life currently is in her home country.

I read the other day that Sweden has an average of two explosions a day from weapons such as grenades.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Do you realize your trolling with live chum?

7. Re: Greta Thunburg and the "climate crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Do you realize your trolling with live chum?
    Moi?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Oh look who´s happy again! Mr Oliva Newton-John! Now, tell me about that average income in Sweden, supposedly below the poorest 20% of americans.

Also, tell me about the polish missile defense system, about french selling arab nations your weapons (!) (and how US isn´t or...?).

And perhaps about the gas from Russia, we could discuss that too!

Oh, and I think I saw your input on how and when christianity spread too! You had this astonishing claim I saw: "The new testament was starting to be written in 1AD. By 34AD, it had spread rampantly throughout the entire middle east, north Africa, all the way to northern Europe." Lets discuss that too!

You´re a parody of yourself and you don´t even know it.
    I know 1 AD is incorrect given Jesus wasn't crucified and resurrected until 30 or 33 AD. That said, Paul's letters were written between 48 and 66 AD. His first letter to the Corinthians has likely the earliest Christian creed that likely dates back 2 years or so of the crucifixion and resurrection, and quite possibly within months or it. On the original Greek this creed was written in a way to make it easy to be memorized for a culture where most couldn't read or write. You can even hear and feel the rhythm in English.

1 Cor. 15 - 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas,[b] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

In his letter to the Galatians, probably the earliest one in around 48 AD, he references what he learned of first importance. Most NT scholars would say that is the above creed.

Now if you are one of those folks that think that any part of the NT was written any later than 95 AD (Revelation and possibly the Gospel of John, both attributed to the apostle John who was likely a teenager at the time of the crucifixion and resurrection and probably about 75-80 in AD 95).

And it did spread quite rapidly. And not by the point of the sword but in spite of one directed at it with severe persecution.

I will happily discuss it anytime.

Blog Entries

Children Are Our Future…Unless We Stop Using Them

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...-them-n2558629

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I know 1 AD is incorrect given Jesus wasn't crucified and resurrected until 30 or 33 AD. That said, Paul's letters were written between 48 and 66 AD. His first letter to the Corinthians has likely the earliest Christian creed that likely dates back 2 years or so of the crucifixion and resurrection, and quite possibly within months or it. On the original Greek this creed was written in a way to make it easy to be memorized for a culture where most couldn't read or write. You can even hear and feel the rhythm in English.

1 Cor. 15 - 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas,[b] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

In his letter to the Galatians, probably the earliest one in around 48 AD, he references what he learned of first importance. Most NT scholars would say that is the above creed.

Now if you are one of those folks that think that any part of the NT was written any later than 95 AD (Revelation and possibly the Gospel of John, both attributed to the apostle John who was likely a teenager at the time of the crucifixion and resurrection and probably about 75-80 in AD 95).

And it did spread quite rapidly. And not by the point of the sword but in spite of one directed at it with severe persecution.

I will happily discuss it anytime.
    Thank you and yes. I knew I wasn't 100% on the dates... I was throwing it up from memory. It was about a 30-40 year span that Christianity spread from letters and stories, to a full fledged religion. In that time period... completely unprecedented especially since it wasn't government sanctioned at all... in fact, governments attempted to suppress it (I'm using the term "government" loosely btw....)

However... I'm just a joke apparently...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Thank you and yes. I knew I wasn't 100% on the dates... I was throwing it up from memory. It was about a 30-40 year span that Christianity spread from letters and stories, to a full fledged religion. In that time period... completely unprecedented especially since it wasn't government sanctioned at all... in fact, governments attempted to suppress it (I'm using the term "government" loosely btw....)

However... I'm just a joke apparently...
    Historically, Christianity does better when not attached to the government. In fact, often in spite of government persecution. The fastest-growing church in the world is in China.

It is an anomaly in that most other major religions do better when wedded to government.

It is also true that where religious freedom exists it is almost always a Christian dominated culture.

Yeah... FYI she´s part of the SD (Sverigedemokraterna) party internet warriors, that blame everything in this world on immigration and make everything they can to picture Sweden as hell on earth. You should check them out, they make far right racist republicans look good.