Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: One thing I never understood about fans critical of Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Beermutts View Post
    7 straight 3 and outs in the first half and a total of 1 first down. While there were some drops alot of Joe's passes were behind WR's. Our first 10 points were set up by a turnover and a special team return. Why can't 2nd half Joe show up in the 1st half? With that being said no way should this defense give up a 90 yd TD drive and a 4th and 12 conversion for a TD. If we came to play in the 1st half things would of been different
    Why did Wallace start catching balls in the second half?

Why didn't second half Wallace show up in the first half?

See how ridiculous this is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Personality wise, I don't see Joe acting any differently than he did before 2012. Contract-wise, I get it. However, at this point, he is far from the only QB making that type of money, but probably the only one who hasn't been built around.
    How does getting prime talent cause Joe to hit those prime targets in stride?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post

Because they don't need the pass to be perfect to catch it.

You ever watch other games?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Who was Romo’s replacement? Who replaces Alex Smith? Who replaces Kaepernick? Who replaced Hasselbeck or Peyton Mannin in Indy and Denver? Whenever you have a starting QB who has been with a team to a long time and near the end it’s always a question.

Pete Carroll sighed an expensive free agent QB, traded for a QB and drafted a QB. He kept the best of the 3 and didn’t sweat the lost resources on getting the other 2.

The Chiefs traded last years 3rd round pick and this years 1st round pick to move up and get a QB who sat on their bench all year. That’s 2 years of 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick that could have brought in the WR they need or the linebackers they don’t have for a a who didn’t contribute at all despite being healthy.

Then there is the Vikings. Their 1st round QB suffers the worst possible freak accident at practice and is out for 2 years. They have to trade some serious picks to get the china doll like Bradford who goes down week 2. Now they are starting the cheapest veteran QB in the NFL and could play in the Super Bowl at home.

Every team has this QB problem. The solution is making bold decisions and investing in fixes and not just throwing up your hands. The Ravens had so many misses before Flacco that the fans seem to think that will automatically happen again. It won’t necessarily work that way. Other teams are finding solutions and the Ravens eventually will too as long as they actually put the resources in.
    Personally I think Ozzie Committed to the D because he doesn't think getting top receivers will improve Joes accuracy. Ozzie did it before by investing in the D and he's looking to repeat. I mean why else would he not give Joe what you feel he needs? Ozzie is looking for the next Lewis or Reed to lead his team to victory. It appears like he doesn't feel Joe can do it.

Blog Entries

Personally I think Ozzie Committed to the D because he doesn't think getting top receivers will improve Joes accuracy. Ozzie did it before by investing in the D and he's looking to repeat. I mean why else would he not give Joe what you feel he needs? Ozzie is looking for the next Lewis or Reed to lead his team to victory. It appears like he doesn't feel Joe can do it.

Ozzie has done the same thing from when Joe was a rookie to now a 10 year vet.

Bring in 30 year old castoffs at WR.

So I guess Ozzie never trusted Joe huh? According to your theory???

I agree with you. However, this isn't 2000. It's a pass happy, offense oriented league. The only playoff teams not in the top 11 in offense are Carolina, Tennessee and Buffalo.

You’re right. That’s why Ozzie is an over rated idiot who is beyond reprieve among Ravens fans.

Dude got lucky with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and now he thinks he’s a baller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    What has one got to do with the other? A world beating defense won't improve Flacco's IQ or accuracy or make him any younger.
    I agree. That’s why our best bet is to make Flacco a two way player. Make him earn that contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Don't fall for the false narrative that he under threw those deep balls. They were designed come back plays to get a catch or PI. If you want to say the play call/design was terrible, cool, but those were designed plays, they weren't designed to hit the guy in stride full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Because they don't need the pass to be perfect to catch it.

You ever watch other games?
    I watch other games? You?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

You want a legit argument against Joe? That throw into the dirt on the second to last drive. He should have run it or even taken a sack instead of stopping the clock. That was a major problem, he had only Watson to throw to (everyone elsehurt and Adeboyejo could not even line up correctly) but he still should have kept the clock running. Other than that his second half was good enough to win the game.

And still that wasn't bad enough to lose it for us, that was Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ozzie has done the same thing from when Joe was a rookie to now a 10 year vet.

Bring in 30 year old castoffs at WR.

So I guess Ozzie never trusted Joe huh? According to your theory???
    I guess not. So why has he not invested in What Joe needs to succeed? Maybe Ozzie needs to go? I agree. Or maybe the eye test proves him right. Can't say for sure. Ozzie will never say. One thing is certain.... Joe needs receivers that can catch anything thrown to them. Now where do we find them? Thoughts?