Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    50/50.

I've enjoyed the NFL more this year than in quite awhile...definitely more unpredictable.
    I'm having fun as a "fan of the game" watching TEN, LAR, KCC and PHI...especially the young QBs.

WRT the home team, I'm tired of banging the same drum.
    I have no faith in either coordinator or Harbs, and it's painful to watch a 10 year vet play like some QB that the Cleveland Browns over-drafted.
    Largely, I'm just looking for flashes of awareness and talent with the youngsters.

Our style of football, talent analysis, and roster management are pretty low on the fun meter for me.
    Wentz looks amazing.

I mean its crazy to Watch KC get the ball into space to hill hunt and conley and mismatches with Kelce....

But Wentz's footwork and pocket awareness is phenomenal. I havent seen someone move around that much in the pocket in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Wentz looks amazing.

I mean its crazy to Watch KC get the ball into space to hill hunt and conley and mismatches with Kelce....

But Wentz's footwork and pocket awareness is phenomenal. I havent seen someone move around that much in the pocket in a long time

Quick OT: 6'5 guys shouldn't be elusive like that. I'm absolutely floored with how far he's come in just one off-season. A beat guy I follow was talking him up all summer to point of exhaustion, but dude was spot on. That OL helps a lot too. Philly's about to settle in at the top of the NFC for a good stretch.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Wentz is good. I like watching Smith in KC this year, Cousins, Mariota, the kid in Tampa. All run efficient explosive offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Wentz is good. I like watching Smith in KC this year, Cousins, Mariota, the kid in Tampa. All run efficient explosive offenses.
    Agree. I like KC, I really like watching Washington and Tampa for chunk plays, they love to chuck the ball...

There is something really special about Wentz. I'm sure Philly will find a way to ruin it, because they are Philly....but If I'm starting a Franchise today....and I have a pick of ANY QB..... I'm probably taking Wentz based off his age, his play and potential upside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Wentz looks amazing.

This may have nothing to do with the thread, but Wentz was there for the Browns taking (2016 draft). They thought another boat load of draft picks were better than having a young QB to develop. Man, that team can't get out of it's own way... Bc

Blog Entries

I'm enjoying the NFL. Tonight's game withe Pats and Bucs on looks great on paper. I've seen all the Chiefs games and have enjoyed every one of them. Giants/Eagles and Giants/Bucs were also a ton of fun to watch. The Lions have been worth watching, Seahawks and Cardinals not so much.

I haven't seen the Bills yet but they've really go me interested based on the highlights. I've only seen 1 Rams game and want more.

This is all just off of the top of my head. The NFL remains a must see to me. The Ravens have been more like a chore. I enjoyed the first game against the Bengals. As a fan how you could not love shutting out the Bengals with all their healthy guys on the road? It was awesome. The Browns games are never in doubt so that was kind of meh. The other 2 have been horrible. The future does not look enjoyable.

I will still enjoy the NFL and watch the NFL as I always do. I will still watch all the Ravens games but the fun factor is just not there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the NFL is fun, I find myself watching other teams this year again, their offenses and schemes are fun, some of these teams are so fast plays are quickly happening...Ravens on the other hand? I am tired of that product
    Great post. You pretty much summed up my thoughts and didn't ramble the way I did.

Blog Entries

I'll be watching Pats Bucs tonight for sure. In Tampa now and living within a couple hours I'm keeping an eye on this young team. Pats rarely lose two in a row so this could be interesting

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll be watching Pats Bucs tonight for sure. In Tampa now and living within a couple hours I'm keeping an eye on this young team. Pats rarely lose two in a row so this could be interesting
    Bucs looking damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It's the Ravens, with their brand of football that I'm disinterested in. They haven't been fun to watch for years
    The inability to keep the talent they do acquire on the field is part of the demoralization. Football for me is the Ravens: not much interested in following the rest of the League closely or college ball, so I don't even know if the injury rate of the [league-leading IR] Ravens is more or less par for the course in today's NFL. But the allocation of time and money to see 8 home games per year & the occasional out of town or playoff game is not delivering the jollies it used to. I rode the season ticket wave on its way up since 2007. Saw everything except the game in Denver on the Super Bowl 47 run, so I can't complain on that investment. But of late, the come-from-ahead folds in 4Q, the 10 penalties per game, the torn XYZ-CLs, the 8 for 18 for 28yds or whatever. You are right, Iggy Pop: "No Fun."

-

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Agree. Pats rarely loose 2 in a row, and as far as Thursday Night Football... the better QB almost ALWAYS wins these thursday games.

Pats Defense has been bad, but if you watch them, alot of them seem to be mental / blown assignments.... Cant they fix it in time for a QB who loves to chuck it deep

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Bucs looking damn good.
    Winston is really Good, surrounded by good talent. He takes a lot of chances... so he'll never be a 25 TD / 8 INT guy.... but he has the mentality that could get him 40 TD / 18-20 picks... which can be frustrating but fun