Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco

Re: Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    Elite! but not HoF elite.

Joe doesn't even get the respect he deserves. Despite his great play, with a middle of the pack D with declining superstars, a lot of people still say that he was carried by the Ravens D to the Superbowl in 2012.
    Flacco definitely underappreciated because people only look at stat lines with no context

Joe played with some atrocious WR cores. Ozzie did him zero favors. This discussion might be very different if he had an extended amount of time with some actual talent to throw to. A giant "what if" that will plague his career accolades.

Blog Entries

#Elite!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Boldin
    Smith
    Boldin
    Smith
    Boldin
    -run-
    Jones
    Smith
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Jones

In my opinion, the modern iteration of the Ravens have their Pitta (Andrews) and Smith/Jones (Brown). What are we missing? Their Boldin.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Boldin
    Smith
    Boldin
    Smith
    Boldin
    -run-
    Jones
    Smith
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Boldin
    Pitta
    Jones

In my opinion, the modern iteration of the Ravens have their Pitta (Andrews) and Smith/Jones (Brown). What are we missing? Their Boldin.
    We got a Torrey + a Pitta (arguably better versions of both) with no Boldin. Correct indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Flacco definitely underappreciated because people only look at stat lines with no context

Joe played with some atrocious WR cores. Ozzie did him zero favors. This discussion might be very different if he had an extended amount of time with some actual talent to throw to. A giant "what if" that will plague his career accolades.
    It's a low bar considering Ravens history... but Flacco enjoyed the majority of the best:

Derrick Mason (2008-2010)*
    Anquan Boldin (2010-2012)
    Torrey Smith (2011-2014)*
    Jacoby Jones (2012-2014)
    Steve Smith (2014-2016)*
    Mike Wallace (2016-2017)*

* thousand yard season(s) as a Raven

It felt like, aside from 2012, the Ravens were always one WR short, and it also feels like that today.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It's a low bar considering Ravens history... but Flacco enjoyed the majority of the best:

Derrick Mason (2008-2010)*
    Anquan Boldin (2010-2012)
    Torrey Smith (2011-2014)*
    Jacoby Jones (2012-2014)
    Steve Smith (2014-2016)*
    Mike Wallace (2016-2017)*

* thousand yard season(s) as a Raven

It felt like, aside from 2012, the Ravens were always one WR short, and it also feels like that today.
    The 2012 Raven pass catchers didn’t start really gelling until after Cam got fired. Then after the Super Bowl, Boldin gets traded over $2M of cap space.

Pitta injures his hip part way through 2013 season and was never the same player again. But for one brief shining moment the Ravens receivers weren’t one player short.

Forgot all about Mike Wallace. Least memorable 1k yard receiver we've had.

I can't believe that you would leave Michael Crabtree off of this list (kidding).

On another note...Crabtree only player I've ever seen wear his jersey like a mini skirt

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The 2012 Raven pass catchers didn’t start really gelling until after Cam got fired. Then after the Super Bowl, Boldin gets traded over $2M of cap space.

Pitta injures his hip part way through 2013 season and was never the same player again. But for one brief shining moment the Ravens receivers weren’t one player short.

Blog Entries

Wallace was on a downtrend in his career until he came here. He took big money from Miami was went downhill until coming here. He wasn’t coming off of some 1500 yard season.

Jacoby was most reliable catching passes when they came down like punts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He plays in New Orleans.

Says my dreams.
    https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/...356782592?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He plays in New Orleans.

Says my dreams.
    I would love to see Joe Flacco paired with the brilliant offensive mind of Sean Payton. He'd probably be an all-pro there.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post

One shining moment the Ravens had a pass catching TE, an alpha WR1, and a deep threat speedster.... and they won the SB

If only we attempted to recreate this just one time since 2012... we've been like bouncers outside a nightclub at WR ever since

"Woah woah woah, one good WR allowed in at a time!
    Boldin get out of here, it's Torrey's turn! Okay you wanna go to SF now? SSS come on in brother. You got injured and retired? Okay Mike Wallace welcome man! You're gone now Mike? Crabtree welcome! Well you kinda suck but I guess you count! Mr. Hollywood Brown, welcome to Club One Good Receiver! I can't let anybody else in, they tried to sneak this Boykin kid in but between you and me he sucks, One at a time!"